Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aaron

Errata & Gaining Grounds

40 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 7:46 PM, Psientologist said:

I didn't (I have enough deck boxes and such) but it's still far too expensive in my personal opinion.

Aye, the postage jumps really high when you order a moderate amount of cards (or a small amount and a deck box). Ordering a small amount of cards has the postage remain at reasonable levels. I wonder if the jump happens when they switch from a padded envelope to a cardboard box or something but it is quite jarring.

1 person likes this

I'm new to the game hence the question. Thanks for clarifying

2 minutes ago, Torsul said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if these were the final versions or not since it is not posted to the FAQ/Eratta section of the web site.  It would also be nice to have them there just so you don't have to search the forums. :)

12 hours ago, MrDeathTrout said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if these were the final versions or not since it is not posted to the FAQ/Eratta section of the web site.  It would also be nice to have them there just so you don't have to search the forums. :)

That PDF isn't up to date though, e.g. The Scribe is still a Peon.

1 person likes this

@Aaron 

I have a question about scheme 5:Hidden trap. There are a lot of questions in our community about it's vague wording. How it works?  The enemy models should be in one place, or it can be 2 or 3 different groups of enemies and scheme markers at the opposite ends of the battlefield? And when removing scheme markers within 3" of an enemy model - that means ALL scheme markers within 3" of ALL enemy models? Even if some model stands near the scheme markers which are involed, for example, 8: Search the ruins?

36 minutes ago, Stark said:

@Aaron 

I have a question about scheme 5:Hidden trap. There are a lot of questions in our community about it's vague wording. How it works?  The enemy models should be in one place, or it can be 2 or 3 different groups of enemies and scheme markers at the opposite ends of the battlefield? And when removing scheme markers within 3" of an enemy model - that means ALL scheme markers within 3" of ALL enemy models? Even if some model stands near the scheme markers which are involed, for example, 8: Search the ruins?

Why vague?

"At the end of the game, this Crew earns 1 VP for each enemy non-Peon model within 3" of one or more friendly Scheme Markers. Then, remove all of this Crew’s Scheme Markers which are within 3” of an enemy model."

As the Game ends you check every enemy non-peon model still on the table. If it is within 3" of at least one of your sceme markers you gain 1vp. Afterwards you remove all sceme markers within 3" of enemy models.

You gain VP based on the number of enemy models near sceme markers. If 3 models are around one marker that would suffice for gain 3 vp. If there are 3 Markers, each with a different enemy nearby that would also work. If you got 2 markers near one enemy, that's only 1 VP for you (but you remove both afterwards). It doesn't matter where the markers or enemys are on the board as long as they are within 3" of one another. And yes you would remove sceme markers that could count for another sceme this way. That's the case with other scemes, that remove markers, as well (claim jump for example). But you can chose in wich order you want ro resolve your scemes.

I don't see any possibility to interpret this in any other way or word it more clearly within a reasonable word count.

4 people like this

yes, any and all scheme markers you have down can be used to  be the trap. After you score it, it will remove all acheme markers you have that are within 3" of an enemy model

I strongly suggest that if you are trying to score Hidden Trap and search the ruins that you score search the ruin  firstt.

Remembering the general rules on page 93 that you will remove scheme markers that you chose to score search the ruin with before you can score hidden trap 

8 hours ago, Bengt said:

That PDF isn't up to date though, e.g. The Scribe is still a Peon.

That PDF is also just the January changes.  It doesn't include previous Errata.  I really don't like using the interface on the web site.  I much prefer having a document to reference and that can be easily printed off and taken with to events.

15 hours ago, MrDeathTrout said:

That PDF is also just the January changes.  It doesn't include previous Errata.  I really don't like using the interface on the web site.  I much prefer having a document to reference and that can be easily printed off and taken with to events.

Yeah I'd prefer a single PDF of all the errata cards as well, if for no other reason that you get correctly sized cards by printing 3x3 pdf pages per printed page. Having them in one file also means you can print a series of specific pdf pages without wasting paper. Think About The Trees!!!

1 person likes this

Can anyone make sure, but I can't seem to get Errata Scribe card from Wargame Vault. It is on the errata pack, but it is the only Neverborn errata card that can't be bought alone. Am I just not finding it or what?

I'm looking into a potential issue on the site regarding the Scribe. It'll be back up when I know there isn't an issue.

The Bundle seems to have vanished from the page. Is it no longer an option? 

EDIT: Never mind.