Maliphoenix Ophelia vs. Von Schill 50 soulstone

thecapopriest

PC270390_zpspzqtypww.jpg

This is a 50 point game played in the MaliPhoenix group at Games U.

Gremlins vs. Outcasts

Deployment: Standard

Strategy: Reconnoiter

Schemes: A Line in The Sand, Breakthrough, Potect Territory, Cursed Object, and Outflank.

Gremlin List: Ophelia Lacroix, 2 Young Lacroix,Francois Lacroix with On Yer Tip Toes, Mctavish with Mud Toss, Trixiebelle, Sammy Lacroix, Gremlin Taxidermist, and a Slop Hauler. Soulstone Cache of 3.

With this list I just really wanted to try out Ophelia, since now Lenny will no longer give her Rams, and get my initial impression.

I chose Francois, Mctavish, and Trixiebelle because they are nine times out of ten a very solid pick for my crews and since there is a chance that Ophelia could have ended up being a dud I wanted more reliable models to lean back on.

Sammy Lacroix was just to get some more playtime in with her, as I rarely use her.

The Gremlin Taxidermist I chose because I had just finished painting him up.

The Young Lacroix and Slop Hauler are just natural staples I bring along with any Ophelia crew. 

Outcasts List: Von Schill with The Shirt Comes Off, Survivalist, and Spoils of War, Steam Trunk, 2 Freikorpsmann, 2 Freikorps Librarian one of which will be proxied by Vanessa, 2 Freikorps Trapper one of which will be proxied by Hans, and a Scion of The Void which will be proxied by a Hollow Waif. Soulstone cache of 1.

Gremlins reveal both Schemes, Breakthrough and Protect Territory.

Outcasts do not reveal either Scheme.

Gremlins win deployment flip and have Outcasts choose sides and deploy first.

PC270391_zpst6zh9czq.jpg

Outcasts Deployment Left to Right: Freikorps Trapper in the tower, Freikorpsmann, Von Schill, Freikorps Librarian, Steam Trunk, Scion of The Void, Freikorpsmann, and Freikorps Trapper.

PC270392_zpsiv3bdl9u.jpg

Outcasts Deployment Left to Right: Freikorpsmann, Von Schill, Freikorps Librarian, Steam Trunk, and Scion of The Void

PC270393_zpswmfegsxh.jpg

Outcasts Deployment Left to Right: Von Schill, Freikorps Librarian, Steam Trunk, Scion of The Void, and Freikorpsmann.

PC270395_zpsmic9bhfc.jpg

Freikorps Trapper in the tower.

PC270396_zpsskt3cwyz.jpg

Gremlins Deployment Left to Right: Young Lacroix, Gremlin Taxidermist, Mctavish, Trixiebelle, Francois Lacroix, and a Slop Hauler.

PC270397_zps5ekre0ug.jpg

Gremlins Deployment Left to Right: Ophelia Lacroix, Young Lacroix, and a Gremlin Taxidermist.

PC270398_zpspkm4fx0h.jpg

Gremlins Soulstone for 2 cards and win Initiative, forcing Outcasts to go first.

Outcasts activate the Freikorps Trapper, Focus and shoot at Trixiebelle, getting the Red Joker on the attack flip. That meant Trixiebelle was unable to cheat and he was at a straight flip from the difference and a positive flip from Focus. He got severe damage with the Critical strike trigger for 6 damage, which Trixiebelle Soulstoned and prevented 2 damage. Trixiebelle now has 4 damage and 4 health left.

Trixiebelle Gremlin Lures Mctavish to push him his charge of 6" away from Trixiebelle. Then she walked to be in hard cover against the Freikorps Trapper in the tower.

The other Freikorps Trapper focused and shot at Trixiebelle but missed due to Trixiebelle cheating in a 12.

PC270399_zpskmxezulq.jpg

Sammy Lacroix double walked forward.

PC270401_zpshrejt2sm.jpg

Steam Trunk double walked.

PC270402_zpsyjdisnxh.jpg

Young Lacroix did "Here You Go!" giving Ophelia My Threatenin' Gun, then walked forward.

PC270403_zpsrknlh6j6.jpg

Freikorpsmann double walks forward.

PC270404_zpsuu0tpjfl.jpg

Mctavish shot twice at the Freikorps Trapper in the ruins, hitting both times due to his attack ignoring cover. First attack did weak damage of 2 reduced down to 1 due to armor, and the second shot did moderate damage of 4 reduced down to 3 due to armor. The Freikorps Trapper has 2 health left. Then Mctavish did his 0 action Hunting Screen dropping a 30mm marker that counts as soft cover for 3" aura.

PC270405_zps6nkbmqxw.jpg

Freikorps Librarian walked and did Healing Energy on the Freikorps Trapper healing him by 2. The Freikorps Trapper now has 4 health left.

PC270406_zpsmn0hvx3a.jpg

Young Lacroix gave Ophelia the Hooch Igniter and then walked forward.

PC270407_zpsno06cywi.jpg

Scion of The Void did its 0 action In The Blink of an Eye and then double walked forward.

PC270409_zpsy4i5acpy.jpg

Francois Lacroix went Reckless and double walked through the severe terrain, then he went Defensive +1.

PC270410_zps59xhl05y.jpg

Freikorpsmann double walked.

PC270412_zpsqq9yzg5k.jpg

Slop Hauler went Reckless and healed himself and Francois completely and healed Trixiebelle by 2, leaving 2 damage on her, 6 health left.

PC270413_zpsygbm5lzm.jpg

Freikorps Librarian double walked forward.

Ophelia double walked forward and used her 0 action With My Eyes Closed, to gain a positive twist but my opponent chooses any legal enemy target to be the target. In this instance it is only the Freikorps Trapper. She shot with her "Rough Riders" attack hitting and doing moderate damage of 3, reduced down to 2 due to armor, leaving him with 2 health left.

PC270414_zps01gtimir.jpg

Von Schill double walked forward but missed due to soft cover and flipping a 13 on defense.

PC270415_zpstu2eve75.jpg

Gremlin Taxidermist double walked forward.

End of turn 1, no points scored.

PC270416_zpshgclulzd.jpg

Top of turn 2.

Gremlins use their last soulstone to draw 2 cards and win initiative.

Ophelia did her 0 action With My Eyes Closed and shot at the Freikorps Trapper killing him with moderate damage. Then she walked and took a shot at the Freikorpsmann but missed.

PC270417_zpsdlyx0own.jpg

Freikorpsmann double walked.

PC270418_zpsqafmcu0l.jpg

Young Lacroix walked and then gave Ophelia the Jug Rocket.

PC270419_zpsh6jaqxah.jpg

Freikorps Librarian double walked.

PC270420_zpszfw4zszn.jpg

Young Lacroix double walked.

PC270421_zpsp4jasezp.jpg

Von Schill went defensive +3.

Sammy Lacroix walked and attempted Jynx on Von Schill but failed.

Steam Trunk double walked.

PC270424_zps83r2psbo.jpg

Trixiebelle went Reckless and double walked across the Severe terrain and Gremlin Lured Mctavish into the wall.

The Freikorps Librarian then did Furious Casting at Mctavish, missing all 3 times due to soft cover from the Hunting Screen.

PC270429_zpsei5kqzau.jpg

Mctavish shot the Freikorps Librarian and got the Red Joker on damage, doing 8 points of damage, but she survived due to Von Schill's A Legend to Live Up To. The second shot hit and killed her.

The Trapper focused and shot the Gremlin Taxidermist doing weak damage of 2 which was reduced down to 1 due to armor.

Slop Hauler went Reckless and walked on to the severe terrain, then he healed himself to full and healed Trixiebelle 1 health leaving her with 2 damage and 6 health left.

Freikorpsmann did Defensive +2.

PC270430_zpssus825kn.jpg

Francois walked forward and shot at Von Schill but missed.

PC270431_zpseyp0xi2j.jpg

Scion of The Void double walked backward.

Gremlin Taxidermist double walked forward and did his 0 action Taxidermin' successfully summoning a Stuffed Piglet in base contact with the corpse marker left by the Freikorps Librarian.

The slow Summoned Stuffed Piglet went and did Bacon Bomb, getting a mask for 4" pulse and 1 damage. I had forgotten that the Freikorps Suit protect against Pulse and Blast damage, so the Scion of The Void was the only one to take the 1 damage.

End of turn 2 we both score 1 point for Reconnoiter.

PC270435_zpsnzp2678t.jpg

Top of turn 3.

Outcasts use their only Soulstone to draw 2 cards.

Gremlins win Initiative.

Sammy Lacroix attempts Jynx twice on Von Schill, failing both times.

Von Schill charged Sammy Lacroix hitting and doing weak damage of 2 and then on the second attack Sammy got the Regret trigger, which ends the attackers activation if they inflict moderate or severe damage, which he dealt severe killing her outright but ending his activation.

PC270432_zpscjmqvx3i.jpg

Gremlin Taxidermist went Reckless, walked and then charged the Freikorps Librarian. First attack getting the crow trigger for a positive twist and leaving a corpse marker, and did moderate of 3 reduced to 2 due to armor. Second attack missed. The 0 action Taxidermin' failed.

Freikorps Trapper Focused and shot the Slop Hauler doing moderate damage of 3.

PC270434_zpsasvpcp3q.jpg

Young Lacroix Focused and shot at the Freikorpsmann but missed.

Freikorpsmann shot at the Young Lacroix in cover twice, missing the first shot but hitting the second doing weak damage of 1.

Mctavish shot at Von Schill twice and missed both times. He then did his 0 Gator Snack from the corpse marker left by Sammy Lacroix, and got Rams and took one more shot at Von Schill doing weak damage of 2 reduced to 1 due to armor.

PC270436_zpsgllxqfgi.jpg

The Freikorps Librarian did Furious Casting on the Gremlin Taxidermist, missing the first attack, second attack doing weak damage of 2, reduced down to 1 due to armor, and killing him on the third attack due to moderate damage of 4.

PC270437_zpsxfmqsiyd.jpg

Francois went Reckless and walked then charged Von Schill, hitting with the first attack doing weak of 4 which was reduced to 3. Second attack missed due to the Red Joker on Von Schill's flip. Von Schill has 8 health left.

PC270438_zpslw1i8wca.jpg

Steam Trunk double walked and did his 0 action Fire Extinguisher on the Scion of The Void, which the Scion of The Void discarded a card to bury itself due to Returning Home.

PC270439_zpsa7ekir0x.jpg

Trixiebelle went Reckless and walked. Then she Gremlin Lured the Slop Hauler and then walked.

Freikorpsmann double walked forward and did the Scion of The Voids 0 action The Hollowing to unbury the Scion of The Void in base contact. Scion of The Void took 2 damage.

PC270440_zpsjnknmgvh.jpg

Slop Hauler went Reckless and walked forward and healed himself for 4 from the Red Joker, Francois for 2 leaving him with 1 damage on him, and Trixiebelle by 1 leaving her at 2 damage.

PC270441_zpsqi5ktidu.jpg

Scion of The Void did the 0 In the Blink of an Eye and then attacked Francois twice, missing the first time due to Francois cheating and the second attack had the Black Joker on the attack and missing.

Ophelia then shot at The Freikorpsmann while her 0 With My Eyes Closed was active, killing him with severe damage and the Thinking Luck trigger doing 8 damage. She then dropped a scheme marker, for some reason I thought I was doing Line in the Sand. Then she walked forward.

End of turn 3 Gremlins score on Reconnoiter.

Gremlins 2 to Outcasts 1

At this point we call the game and end it there.

Overall my crew did great I think, looking at it now Ophelia did alright work but nothing to impressive, I will have to keep playing with her to get the hang of using her without Lenny.

Even though it was a bad match up for the Gremlin Taxidermist, due to the Freikorps Suits, I was pretty impressed with the idea of being able to triple walk him and from 6" away summon a Stuffed Piglet into the fray. I might even attempt running 2 of them if I play against Resurrectionists.

Sammy didn't seem to pull off anything to impressive so I will need to try her again soon.

Everything else in my crew did the good work I have come to expect. 

Hope you enjoyed the Battle Report and like always any comments, suggestions, and critiques are welcome.