Collodi and Emissaries

Ookami_Tez

A thought came to mind last time I played Collodi. Conflux of Music gives the emissary Puppet Characteristic so can Collodi actually hire any Emissary in the game if the emissary has Conflux of Music on it? As the upgrade gives the emissary Puppet Characteristics making it hireable to Collodi.

I couldn't find anything on the forums about this and at least quick rulebook check didn't give me insight to this.

One thing I find in support of this is that some upgrades also widen the hire pool of models. Like Tarot Reading on Zoraida that gives her the option to hire Swampfiends from other factions. Also to me it makes sense in a way as Collodi can hire any Effigy so maybe he could also hire any emissary.

But yeah in the end I'm not on either side of this. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has something that would settle the debate in my head.

Not to say you are wrong but do you have anything to really back that up. There is really no order in which you build the crew. Only thing mentioned that is anyway ordered is that "usually" you hire the leader first.

I am pretty sure that the idea is not to give Collodi the option to hire any Emissary. But I find that the RAW is little too hazy at least with the info I have found.

Well.. in matter of order. First you pick a Faction, and then you can only hire models belonging to this Faction, unless you have Master or an Upgrade that let you hire models from some bonus pool. 
Collodi as a Master let you hire Puppets, but there is no Puppet Emissary, so you can only hire Mysterious one. Upgrade may be only purchased for alredy hired models (p. 22 in core rulebook), so it's not possible to get upgrade for emissary outside of Faction, make it Puppet and hire for Collodi. RAW is IMO pretty clear on that.

• Like 2