Gaining Grounds 2017

Lucidicide

Accused looks like it would be hard to defend against....unless you have a lot of movement or have LOS blocking tricks, like Sonnia or Lillith.  Mark them from 6" away and keep them in LoS?

Overall these look like positive changes.

Last stand?  For once being rewarded and not punished for having fewer models than your opponent?  What is this sorcery? :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Accused looks like it would be hard to defend against....unless you have a lot of movement or have LOS blocking tricks, like Sonnia or Lillith.  Mark them from 6" away and keep them in LoS?

Overall these look like positive changes.

I think you mean Tail `em?

Yeah, I wonder if that`s maybe too easy?

Definitely hard to play against that, nothing you can do except hide in a corner or kill every minion in the opposing crew imo, as I don`t think it will come up to often that you actually get the condition off again :/

Ah yeah, that's the one.  Any idea how to defend against it?  with the 6" range even high mobility masters are vulnerable.  This will make choosing your end even more important - even putting a non-sniper minion up in that watch tower can win you VP.

I'm glad there are fewer ones where you tag an opposing model in some way shape or form...GG2016 had too many that were too similar.

Actually.....burying the master/henchman will do the job, won't it?  So, Levi just laughs at this one, as will any crew heavy with bury.  Makes Death Marshalls more important to a guild crew. 

2 minutes ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Ah yeah, that's the one.  Any idea how to defend against it?  with the 6" range even high mobility masters are vulnerable.  This will make choosing your end even more important - even putting a non-sniper minion up in that watch tower can win you VP.

I'm glad there are fewer ones where you tag an opposing model in some way shape or form...GG2016 had too many that were too similar.

Actually.....burying the master/henchman will do the job, won't it?  So, Levi just laughs at this one, as will any crew heavy with bury.  Makes Death Marshalls more important to a guild crew. 

Levi might be untargetable while he`s buried, but that dictates activation order pretty heavily, especially for a master who usually want´s to go late.

Plus, it scores on Henchman too (think you could just not hire them then?)

Who truly laughs about that is Hamelin - he just doesn`t get the condition at all (as does his dog, Nix^^)

And I stated above how I think you could paly against this scheme, I have no other ideas.

As many masters are 30mm base and Ht 2, wouldn't shoving a 50mm Ht 3 base in the way help? Emissaries would prove useful in that regard, especially those that have good guns and can stand next to the Master.

Alternatively, bring a good sniper and begin waxing enemy minions starting turn 1 (may not apply versus summoners).

15 minutes ago, Tris said:

Levi might be untargetable while he`s buried, but that dictates activation order pretty heavily, especially for a master who usually want´s to go late.

Plus, it scores on Henchman too (think you could just not hire them then?)

Who truly laughs about that is Hamelin - he just doesn`t get the condition at all (as does his dog, Nix^^)

And I stated above how I think you could paly against this scheme, I have no other ideas.

Ahh, but the condition is removed if the model is outside of LoS of all enemy models at the end of its activation.

so buried would be outside LoS

Actually, I just realised it's end of activation, not end of turn.  That does make it easier to defend!

16 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Alternatively, bring a good sniper and begin waxing enemy minions starting turn 1 (may not apply versus summoners).

Might also not work against a lot of tough minions, and there are quite many of them nowadays.

6 minutes ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Ahh, but the condition is removed if the model is outside of LoS of all enemy models at the end of its activation.

so buried would be outside LoS

Actually, I just realised it's end of activation, not end of turn.  That does make it easier to defend!

I'm not sure about that - if you get the condition after you've activated ther's no way of getting rid off it, even if your whole crew blocks Los afterwards.

I still find it very hard to defend against to be honest^^

• Like 1

That was a quote from GG - have another look.  It says that you can't remove it via action or ability, but if you're out of LoS of enemy models at the end of your activation, then it's removed.

Thus, if the master/henchman is buried at the end of their activation, it's removed.

End of activation just means you can run around a corner - so I guess if this is in the pool you probably don't want your master/henchman out in the open.  Will be a problem for some models/players, especially as in my experience, tournament boards tend to be a bit scarce on terrain.  So open boards will make it hard to defend.  I think that's the worst part about this one - if you're going to try and defend through positioning, then you could be shooting yourself in the foot.  Really depends on your master.

Somebody like von Schill or Viks will struggle.  A support master will do better.  Lillith is laughing - either fly over a building to get out of LoS or put up a forest. 

4 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Thus, if the master/henchman is buried at the end of their activation, it's removed.

You'd have to be able to bury yourself though (e.g. Leveticus, The Dreamer), or obey another model to bury you or something, as you can't activate if you are buried.

Overall Tail 'Em feels a bit easy though, as even if you have the opportunity to run behind something to break LoS you are wasting at least one AP there and probably at least one more AP getting back out next turn.

The more I think about Last Stand, the less I like it. You don't have to do anything at all for the scheme yourself, it's completely up to the enemy to do something to stop you. You would have to build for it, but making an elite crew isn't that onerous a prospect...

With regards to Eliminate the Leadership, if Nekima were to chop down the original leader, that would be 2 VP, right? The old leader would still be leader when it gets to 0 Wd and Nekima doesn't become the leader until "After killing...".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

How does Eliminate the Leadership work with masters like the dreamer that sacrifice themselves. 

Say a full health dreamer sacrifices to bring out chompy. He didn't go below half wounds did he? 

The Dreamer buries himself, not sacrifice (LCB dies or sacrifices himself to unbury The Dreamer, but since LCB is never the leader that doesn't matter).

@CapnBloodbeard

I know, I know, you can get rid off it, I'm just saying that I think it's very hard - it's often not just a matter of walking around the edge, as you need to be completely out of los from every enemy model.

And it's even harder if you get the condition after you activated (against heavy summoning. Plus, the summoners themselves have a much easier time stay back and hide behind a screen of models) - the condition is only removed at the end of your activation!

You can drag your master around all you want, build walls around the model or make it invisible, it'll be of no use.

That's why I said that I think you have to play either extremely passive and stay mostly out of los for most of the game, or super aggressive and kill every enemy in los.

We'll see how that turns out, as it is now I don't think that this one is stoppable for a lot of masters :)