Gaining Grounds 2017

Lucidicide

Frame for Murder got suited...

Some of these new ones look really fun.  I also like that Show of Force and Hunting Party became numbered, as Hunting Party especially was becoming either trivially easy to accomplish or really annoying with one cheap model just hiding out way in the backfield.

I really like Claim Jump, Accusation, Dig Their Graves, and Last Stand.  I feel like Titania is also just going to own at Dig Their Graves.  Tail 'em is also such a neat concept, and I'm surprised that it's not part of the original schemes because it seems like such an organic thing to happen in a Malifaux skirmish, "There he is; don't let 'em get away!"  Keeping tabs on an important model just seems so right.

Replacing Detonate the Charges with Hidden Trap is also a really good move because DtC never made much sense not doing damage and all, and wrapping it up at the end of the game leaves room for imagination of just what happens from those traps...

• Like 3

Hidden Trap seems pretty hard to pull off.

Dig Their Graves goes pretty well with Crooked Men as well...

Last Stand fells odd that it can score from turn one since it doesn't require any interaction with the enemy, you just have to move forward a little bit.

1 minute ago, Bengt said:

Last Stand fells odd that it can score from turn one since it doesn't require any interaction with the enemy, you just have to move forward a little bit.

It does not, it will only score starting turn 2 if you revealed it turn 1  "At the end of every Turn after the Turn this Scheme has been revealed..."

For next year perhaps Last Stand could be tested as:
"If the number of enforcer/henchmen models on the table for you plus the turn number are equal to or greater than 5, AND this crew has fewer models... "

This would stop the sharp cutoff on losing your third scoring model and feel a little more last standy as models can die off.

So how it would actually look is like this:
so turn 2, you need at least 3 alive. turn 3 you need at least 2 alive, turn 4 you need at least 1 alive. Keep a requirement you need at least 1 alive so turn 5 is not a freebie

But hell, I haven't even tried it yet, so I admit this is just opinion based on gut at this point.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Hidden Trap seems pretty hard to pull off.

Dig Their Graves goes pretty well with Crooked Men as well...

@last stand - and survive ;)

I think it coule very well turn out to be not that easy to accomplish, as the whole enemy crew is out to kill you.

1 minute ago, Tris said:

@last stand - and survive ;)

I think it coule very well turn out to be not that easy to accomplish, as the whole enemy crew is out to kill you.

I'm just looking forward to the imagery of some Neverborn monster looking crew making a "last stand" against something like Colette Showgirl crew.

• Like 2

I'm amazed how every new iteration of Line in the Sand feels like it added something which should've been there from the start. Maybe Claim Jump will be the perfected version?

Also, is anyone else amused that Frame for Murder is now on the Guild's traditional suit? We would never propagandize so. ;)

• Like 3

So nit picking, and I will have to think before I can come up with a time this may be important... but Claim Jump is NOT optional on scoring? I mean it forces you to pick up scheme markers, there might be a time when keeping them down would have been a better strategy in the long run...

Edited by 7thSquirrel
:found one... lets say for hidden trap for example. It is possible on the last turn the claim jump will remove your only way to score hidden trap

Also, there is not an exception in Accusation for giving the condition while engaged. So as is you have to be within 1", but not engaged to take the interact action to give it the "Accused" condition... which is hard in my experience

Edited by 7thSquirrel
as noted on next page you can target an enemy with an interact action. I am incorrect
  • Like 1