Sign in to follow this  
LexLock

Are Will O' The Wisps too strong?

At first I thought that Everchanging form was crazy. But after looking down my list, I actually realised that very few Neverborn models have 2AP actions, that are useful to the Will o Wisp. If only they could also do 0's 😅.

The only two cut and dry cases are Zoraida and the Spawn Mother, but even they have relatively specific abilities, which makes the Wisps one or two trick ponies, requiring fairly specific builds and positioning game. Plus, if some engine hinges on wisps, they're pretty easy to take down with ranged attacks.

That being said, I'm pretty infatuated with their lure ability. Perhaps you can build a bomb with Teddy and/or Juju plus changelings/tots close by, and wail feebly on enemies with flurries if the wisp survives... Nah, they're too squishy.

Wisps were designed to help Zoraida coming back on the table and they are doing it good. Two of them allows to drop Hem on anything covering large section of the table. I play Gremlins and was hiring always one (bear in mind i have to pay 2ss tax to do it) but since i acquired second Wisp I'll be happy to hire two. These lads are auto-take for old Hag. Of course they help Spawn Mother too but who cares about her. Zoraida foremost😁

On 1/7/2017 at 12:05 PM, --Deleted-- said:

I think these are all possible combos, besides flurry on various Models  but that's just pathetic ;)

eeeehhh

4 Attacks (+slow) near a Poltergeist are very nice, sometimes

Aside from Zoraida, the Spawn Mother and the Poltergeist, there are a few other decent Ever-Changing Form targets.

The Adze has a decent attack (2) Tactical Action for Wisps to copy. I'm 90% sure that's why the Adze has it at all.

Baby Kade and Teddy with The Mimic's Blessing combo pretty well with a Wisp. Teddy can really move, without losing the protection of The Mimic's Blessing, and Kade isn't reduced to using Pounce to kill stuff.

Then of course, there's the 3 SS activations, the movement shenanigans and the Scheme Marker dropping ability. By themselves, though, Wisps aren't OP.

3 hours ago, cbtb11235813 said:

What is the "build-a-bear list"? I haven't come across that yet

Zoraida and wisps each summon a voodoo doll turns one and two. They are summoned within double fears given form auras and die upon activation, dropping scrap. Turn two widow weaver summons a teddy.

1 hour ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Ah, hadn't realized Fears Given Form also applied to friendlies, interesting

Often overlooked. It specifies models, not friendly or enemy. It affects everyone.