Seadhna

So!

The new Tara.

What are your fellow Outcast thoughts on the multiple buffs?

I'm now tempted to run her with dual Marshals, Montresor, Scion and the Nothing Beast, but without Obliteration Symbiote.

You save 2 SS on Symbiote (since there's always the Scion (0) to unbury all your three beaters), but lose the chain activation shenanigans.

Monty combos with Price of Haste for a whooping -3 Wp which both the Beast and Scion will love.

Only problem is, the tactic is pretty straightforward, and both the Scion and Beast could be wiped before they get a chance to activate.

Any comment on the idea?

• Like 1

I think the buff to the Nothing beast is the biggest one here - just the fact that it has now a second upgrade slot and the ability to use Stones is huge, although Taras damage prevention for voids follows close after :)

Don`t have enough experience with Montresor to say anything but the change seems good, as did his personal upgrade, he could see some play now - now let`s hope for a cool divergent paths child for Levi and everything is cool again^^

My default Tara list likely hasn't changed (though it will be slightly more powerful now).
Aggressive Bury / low card count style. 

Tara - Knowledge of Eternity, Dead of Winter, Eternal Journey

Karina - Faces in the Void

Nothing Beast - Void Shield 

Scion of the Void - Scramble

2x Death Marshal 
2x Void Wretch

24 minutes ago, Mr_Roy said:

This has got me excited to get tara back out again.

What do people think would be a good second upgrade for the nothing beast? I was thinking either scramble for the extra mobility, oathkeeper for fast or the bigger they are if show of force is in the pool.

The Bigger they are would take it to min damage 3 which is the sweet spot IMO.

40 minutes ago, Mikey_C said:

My default Tara list likely hasn't changed (though it will be slightly more powerful now).
Aggressive Bury / low card count style. 

Tara - Knowledge of Eternity, Dead of Winter, Eternal Journey

Karina - Faces in the Void

Nothing Beast - Void Shield 

Scion of the Void - Scramble

2x Death Marshal 
2x Void Wretch

Well you don't need Dead of Winter to take Death Marshals now, so it's almost a pointless upgrade.

I will always have a special spot in my heart for Dead of Winter when it enabled me to kill a Perdita at the top of turn 2 when she had El Mayor on her. (Bishop unbury with Fast, double Flurry, go first next turn and drop Oathkeeper for Fast, double Flurry, all those Flurries targeting WP). It's great if you're bombing with Nothing Beast or Bishop, for offensive buries, and for when you bring in the odd model with Terrifying.

Getting a damage prevention on top that happens to synergize with the NB and Wretch mechanics is just the cherry on top.

Also don't forget that the scion got an indirect buff too. His (0) to unbury minions and henchmen now makes him pair well with the NB, who he can now unbury (as he couldn't do that before now) and without any damage penalty. That essentially enables the scion to run as a second beast bomber, freeing up AP on Tara, or at the very least allowing for a second vector to drop the NB.

• Like 2

So, the basically nice thing is that the NB can now take all the good Outcast upgrades - they`re alle strong and have their places, I don`t think that any single one of them will outshine the others;)

Everyone will soon find out what works best for him/her, that`s the best part of Malifaux^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khoregard said:

Would like to point out just for safety reasons that using the scions zero to unbury anyone will still deal two damage to the scion, so plan accordingly.

that's why you pack wretches to heal her while she's buried!

She's otherwise invincible as long as you got at least one card in your hand and an unengaged model to activate, so yeah

On 12/25/2016 at 1:33 PM, Khoregard said:

Would like to point out just for safety reasons that using the scions zero to unbury anyone will still deal two damage to the scion, so plan accordingly.

Ok, I'm confused here. On her card it says she only suffers 2 damage when a friendly model uses her Actions while she's buried. If the Scion is unburied and uses The Hollowing on TNB, where does the 2 damage come from?

Also, I'm super excited for this errata. Tara is my favorite Master and I'm stoked to get her back on the table. I'm thinking The Bigger They Are for TNB, but that's mostly just because I've been 1 or 2 points away from killing Joss on more than one occasion.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:33 PM, Khoregard said:

I've been using the scion to unbury henchmen for the last year in tournament games and never had it interpreted that way.  The scion would only take 2 damage if she is buried and a friendly non-Peon uses The Hollowing to unbury a henchman or minion.

Whispers From the Nothing:  While this model is buried, friendly non-Peon models may declare this model's Actions (including Triggers) during their Activations.  Deal 2 damage to this model which may not be reduced or prevented each time one of its Actions is declared using this Ability.

9 minutes ago, Seadhna said:

Has anyone tried not going beastie-bomb with Tara?

like, do a support game with aggressive burying and giving out fast, but without Obliteratiob Symbiote?

That is usually how I play Tara.
I posted a list further up the thread.