January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

What should really happen is: wyrd release a card arsenal with the errata changes for 5£. Instead of expecting from everyone to print and vault and whatever. And the collective cards should be mailed and replaced by tge company. The changes are welcome and fixing problems. But they create anxiety and chaos since the game is card bases. There should be a replacement plan instead of a generic idea.

7 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

What should really happen is: wyrd release a card arsenal with the errata changes for 5£. Instead of expecting from everyone to print and vault and whatever. And the collective cards should be mailed and replaced by tge company. The changes are welcome and fixing problems. But they create anxiety and chaos since the game is card bases. There should be a replacement plan instead of a generic idea.

This is incredibly unlikely. After all, Games Workshop don't mail new codicies to people when they errata things.

The FAQ and the current cards is enough to get by. However, an 'errata deck' wouldn't go astray, but Wyrd reimbursing everyone with new cards for everything changed? Yeah no.

I think Wargamevault will eventually have the updated versions, we might even see a product covering them for the upcomming waves.

Personally I think all the changes are fine, as said in the article it's really cleaning up and making the overall logic of the game better. Which isn't perse affecting power levels, just sometimes. 

What I like about the Errata the most is that it aims to improve the game on all fronts and from this new Malifaux' guy perspective it did that. 

• Like 1

I really like the direction this is going. It is good to see that some underpowered models are not forgotten and are pushed forward again. Now I have some hope for the Swamp mother and the scion of black blood in 2018 :p.

Cuddling and boosting models is a very good idea (imho much better than the 0SS upgrade system). Clarifying the wording also.

My main concern is the same as everyone else, it is card management. Maybe a revision index of the card could be provided on them. Additionally, could each batch of errated cards be printed on the book of the same year? It would just take a few pages but would make the access to the changes easier for players that are not always on the forums or the web.

As someone suggested a Mk3 or 2.5, I personally don't think  that a whole new edition is necessary, the current one is great, it just needs some small clarifications and adjustments.

However, I think I would be willing to pay for a book (digitilized maybe) clarifying/modifying some rules such as terrain management and elevation, errating/clarifying some of the cards to take the FAQ remarks into account (the FAQ is getting quite big in fact) and synthesizing all the errata.

38 minutes ago, trikk said:

Why would you cuddle Sonnia? All you have to do is deploy properly :P. She got hit with Papa in a Box change

Because she suffers 'pre-cuddle Levi syndrome which is 'Whatever master I'm going to take it's gonna be Sonnia' which means she is too good for Guild good :)

3 hours ago, Xekros said:

. Additionally, the austringers' raptor attack still says it ignores cover, despite no longer having the :ranged.

The attack didn't have :ranged anyway (unless you focused). And there are a few occasions where non :ranged attacks suffer cover. 

28 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

So far every year the new deck of cards has come with the past years errata'd cards in.  

10 minutes ago, Adran said:

So far every year the new deck of cards has come with the past years errata'd cards in.  

They've thrown in some errata cards in various decks, e.g. Generalist 2 contains Metal Gamin but not Leveticus cards. It feels more like filling out the print sheets than a concerted effort.

1 minute ago, Bengt said:

They've thrown in some errata cards in various decks, e.g. Generalist 2 contains Metal Gamin but not Leveticus cards. It feels more like filling out the print sheets than a concerted effort.

Wasn't the Levi Change right around GenCon, with the Upgrade #2 Deck probably already in production (to have everything available), I guess Levi was not in that stage to be included...

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Wasn't the Levi Change right around GenCon, with the Upgrade #2 Deck probably already in production (to have everything available), I guess Levi was not in that stage to be included...

For some reason I remembered Metal Gamin as being at the same time as Leveticus, but checking back they were made in November '15. So bad example.

2 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

Oh I just thinked. A WarRoom to have cards on mobile? For example an alliance with Crewfaux to give them the rights to have cards updated.

It's got nothing to do with Crewfaux. They actually have it all in the app (including a neat feature apparently that puts any upgrade skills in-line with the skills on the card, which I would love) but that's been locked at Wyrds request. Master cards are in it (I think?) as they're free. Wyrds app is from a different developer.

It's nice to see people are happy with the changes. I have mixed feelings about this errata. I do think its a better method than handing out 0 SS upgrades. I also think we need an easy/cheap way to get the "corrected" versions of  the cards as cards are so integral to the game.

Also as a disclaimer, I'll say I'm not a competitive player (dont play tournaments) and I live in an island where the Malifaux community is small (@10 players) but thriving.

Im mainly a guild player and I agree with the "cuddles" to Papa Loco and Francisco. They dont even feel like cuddles to me, as I never ever tossed them inside the box. That seemed like an exploit to me (something that was not intended). So for me nothing has changed with those models. I know how effective Duncan's list (so many good results in tournaments) so I can see the imbalance there and the reason to fix it.

I give thanks for the buffs to Lucius. They were needed.

Other buffs and cuddles I dont really get those.

The cuddle to the belles... well... As I said I'm not competitive. Never played more than 1 belle when I've played ressers but I never felt it was OP. There has been a lot of complaints about Belles, I get it, but where are the tournament results. Some time ago, Belles were considered for cuddling and design team thought it was all ok (http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/99589-rotten-bells-lure-is-too-much/?page=3). So what has changed?

If its not about balance and we are talking about game experience and perception, well... that's subjective. Very little ppl play ressers around here. Around half of the players play Ten Thunders. I would then ask the design team to check Recalled Training as its a staple in all my games now... 60% of TT players, and you can bet you will get Recalled Trainingx3 on a key turn 3/4/5. Being on the receiving end of a Lone Swordsman with recalled training isnt a nice game experience. For 1 soulstone... Every... game... 

I think that when you make changes based on how a model affects game experience (not balance)... well, game experience can differ from one meta (place) to another. Are you going to fix them all? I've seen games go that way, catering to people whining on forums and it has never ended well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bengt said:

For some reason I remembered Metal Gamin as being at the same time as Leveticus

Well... I encountered a lot of poeple noticing the MG change in later versions of the Errata (read: MG Change had gone unnoticed by them) and there was a sudden outcry again. Maybe you experienced it as well and thus the confusion :) 

7 minutes ago, Dealer said:

It's nice to see people are happy with the changes. I have mixed feelings about this errata. I do think its a better method than handing out 0 SS upgrades. I also think we need an easy/cheap way to get the "corrected" versions of  the cards as cards are so integral to the game.

50c each from an online store isn't exactly pricey or difficult.

• Like 1