Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aaron

January 2017 Errata

387 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

I just think that if you know you had a big issue, you would check every order that went out the door to make sure they were correct.  Now they are going to have to spend more money on another reprint run and shipping.  In addition, I know I at least got a credit, don't know if they are giving it to everyone without asking for it.

Easy to say, tough to do. Even hiring more people, you're looking at delaying - severely depending on the quantities - orders by putting everything through such a QA check.

I got my errata cards yesterday, and all were fine.

What I really want to know is, why haven't they taken down Waldgeist a notch or two?

6 ss for 7 wounds, armor 2, unimpeeded, perfect camouflage, a decent attack, and a fantastic 0-action. Plus the ability to throw them From the Shadows to camp on strategy markers from the get go.

Why armor 2? (AND perfect camo). Are there any tougher minions for 6 ss out there? 

11 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

What I really want to know is, why haven't they taken down Waldgeist a notch or two?

6 ss for 7 wounds, armor 2, unimpeeded, perfect camouflage, a decent attack, and a fantastic 0-action. Plus the ability to throw them From the Shadows to camp on strategy markers from the get go.

Why armor 2? (AND perfect camo). Are there any tougher minions for 6 ss out there? 

Because it wasn`t needed - no player using Waldgeists dominated a tourney just because of them :)

But tournaments were dominated because of Lenny or all the others who got Cuddled?

I didn't say you win everything without effort by including them but they seem rather underpriced compared to other 6 SS models.

28 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

But tournaments were dominated because of Lenny or all the others who got Cuddled?

I didn't say you win everything without effort by including them but they seem rather underpriced compared to other 6 SS models.

The exact same guild list with Francisco, Papa Loco and double austringers won major tournaments three years in a row. The third year (fall 2016) the lead designer of the game was watching the match. Do you think it's a coincidence those moddles got changed? :D 

Regarding Waldgeist survivability: Flesh constructs have 13 WDs and HTW for 6ss and can straight up eat even a master if you have paralyzed it with a nurse and accomplice into it. They still hardly make lists. Depleted have 8 wds, htw and htk for 4 ss.

The thing is that Waldgeists aren't a problem because they hardly make neverborn lists because other options are percieved as better. As long as they aren't percieved as brokenly good they won't get errata. Austringers had an ability that was percieved as broken because it's almost impossible to do anything against it. People have a hard time accepting that you will hit their models even for low damage since it's almost impossible to prevent and that leaves a bad taste. I don't think austringers were errata'd because they were too good but because they left a bad taste in people's mouths. It's really hard to compare options between factions and even within them, it all comes down to perceptions. Had guild had some other OP broken shit at 6 or 7 ss that made people not take austringers then austringers would have made it without errata.

Any tournament list half worth its salt should also bring several options to deal with armour or you're toast against 90% of competitive lists so 'geists don't pose a problem for tournament players.

6 people like this

Thanks, Ludvig. :)

I will have to remember something vs armor in my next tournament. 

1 person likes this

On 2/18/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ludvig said:

The exact same guild list with Francisco, Papa Loco and double austringers won major tournaments three years in a row. The third year (fall 2016) the lead designer of the game was watching the match. Do you think it's a coincidence those moddles got changed? :D 

Regarding Waldgeist survivability: Flesh constructs have 13 WDs and HTW for 6ss and can straight up eat even a master if you have paralyzed it with a nurse and accomplice into it. They still hardly make lists. Depleted have 8 wds, htw and htk for 4 ss.

The thing is that Waldgeists aren't a problem because they hardly make neverborn lists because other options are percieved as better. As long as they aren't percieved as brokenly good they won't get errata. Austringers had an ability that was percieved as broken because it's almost impossible to do anything against it. People have a hard time accepting that you will hit their models even for low damage since it's almost impossible to prevent and that leaves a bad taste. I don't think austringers were errata'd because they were too good but because they left a bad taste in people's mouths. It's really hard to compare options between factions and even within them, it all comes down to perceptions. Had guild had some other OP broken shit at 6 or 7 ss that made people not take austringers then austringers would have made it without errata.

Any tournament list half worth its salt should also bring several options to deal with armour or you're toast against 90% of competitive lists so 'geists don't pose a problem for tournament players.

Austrigers were also likely changed in an effort to help Lucius without making the combo too strong.

1 person likes this

@Aaron

If I were to trade in Guilders for a Vintage Misaki, would I get an errata'd vintage card? 

*wispers* Mr. Cooper... 

3 people like this

On 3/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, bluepanther said:

@Aaron

If I were to trade in Guilders for a Vintage Misaki, would I get an errata'd vintage card? 

Also curious. I have some guilders set aside and am wondering if I should hold off for now or not. 

On 21.3.2017 at 4:32 AM, bluepanther said:

@Aaron

*wispers* Mr. Cooper... 

I sure didn't when I received Vintage Misaki this week.

17 hours ago, Myyrä said:

That's no good. Sorry, @Myyrä. Thanks for the heads up. 

1 person likes this

On 3/25/2017 at 5:08 AM, Myyrä said:

That stinks. I hoping to pick one of these up as well and would really like the right card!