January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

28 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

But tournaments were dominated because of Lenny or all the others who got Cuddled?

I didn't say you win everything without effort by including them but they seem rather underpriced compared to other 6 SS models.

The exact same guild list with Francisco, Papa Loco and double austringers won major tournaments three years in a row. The third year (fall 2016) the lead designer of the game was watching the match. Do you think it's a coincidence those moddles got changed? :D 

Regarding Waldgeist survivability: Flesh constructs have 13 WDs and HTW for 6ss and can straight up eat even a master if you have paralyzed it with a nurse and accomplice into it. They still hardly make lists. Depleted have 8 wds, htw and htk for 4 ss.

The thing is that Waldgeists aren't a problem because they hardly make neverborn lists because other options are percieved as better. As long as they aren't percieved as brokenly good they won't get errata. Austringers had an ability that was percieved as broken because it's almost impossible to do anything against it. People have a hard time accepting that you will hit their models even for low damage since it's almost impossible to prevent and that leaves a bad taste. I don't think austringers were errata'd because they were too good but because they left a bad taste in people's mouths. It's really hard to compare options between factions and even within them, it all comes down to perceptions. Had guild had some other OP broken shit at 6 or 7 ss that made people not take austringers then austringers would have made it without errata.

Any tournament list half worth its salt should also bring several options to deal with armour or you're toast against 90% of competitive lists so 'geists don't pose a problem for tournament players.

• Like 5

On 2/18/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ludvig said:

The exact same guild list with Francisco, Papa Loco and double austringers won major tournaments three years in a row. The third year (fall 2016) the lead designer of the game was watching the match. Do you think it's a coincidence those moddles got changed? :D 

Regarding Waldgeist survivability: Flesh constructs have 13 WDs and HTW for 6ss and can straight up eat even a master if you have paralyzed it with a nurse and accomplice into it. They still hardly make lists. Depleted have 8 wds, htw and htk for 4 ss.

The thing is that Waldgeists aren't a problem because they hardly make neverborn lists because other options are percieved as better. As long as they aren't percieved as brokenly good they won't get errata. Austringers had an ability that was percieved as broken because it's almost impossible to do anything against it. People have a hard time accepting that you will hit their models even for low damage since it's almost impossible to prevent and that leaves a bad taste. I don't think austringers were errata'd because they were too good but because they left a bad taste in people's mouths. It's really hard to compare options between factions and even within them, it all comes down to perceptions. Had guild had some other OP broken shit at 6 or 7 ss that made people not take austringers then austringers would have made it without errata.

Any tournament list half worth its salt should also bring several options to deal with armour or you're toast against 90% of competitive lists so 'geists don't pose a problem for tournament players.

Austrigers were also likely changed in an effort to help Lucius without making the combo too strong.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5.1.2017 at 8:23 PM, Aaron said:

I've updated:

• SE Tara
  • SE Nothing Beast
  • SE Francisco
  • Mr Cooper
  • Hanged Eric
  • Hanged Nathan
  • Miss Terious

They are not yet available, as it takes some time on Wargame Vault's side.

As far as I can see, there's nothing else on the site to update.

Sorry if I missed an update, but are there any news when these cards will be available?
The search-function on Wargame Vault displays cards like, for example, Mr Cooper or Carver (Killjoy), but when I click on them I always get the notice that these cards are not available.
I haven't bought the GC 2017 cards or any errata cards yet, because the shipping costs to my country are rather high... so I keep waiting to be able to order all the cards I want in one go (although I might as well skip GC 2017 now and wait for GC 2018 ^^)