January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

2 hours ago, bluepanther said:

I just received my cards and they are all correct. This is strange... I mean did you order cards that actually changed. Lol. JK. I actually didn't get bad cards the first go round because I ordered before the incident occurred but wargamevault must have decided to just resend every order because I got my order again and it was right again. 
What cards did you order specifically?

Also, @Aaron the special cards still aren't up such as Mr. Cooper. I find this odd if they got all the files. As long as it has been I would have thought everything would be up for order even if they were behind on fulfilling orders.

I just got my reprinted order of the incorrect cards and they are still the incorrect ones!  Not very happy about this.

2 hours ago, bluepanther said:

Also, @Aaron the special cards still aren't up such as Mr. Cooper. I find this odd if they got all the files. As long as it has been I would have thought everything would be up for order even if they were behind on fulfilling orders.

Once they get the files, we need to get a printed copy and approve them. We have not taken this step, as there have been some other pressing concerns we wanted to ensure were addressed before we started adding new cards.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tris said:

with plus flips.

And the ability to charge even more models.

And @edopersichetti

they did kill way above their weight class, and could do some schemes besides, with 3 ap and walk 7 - they still have walk 7 by the way ;)

But that was the idea - a reasonably killy model that could double up as scheme runner. Keep in mind that they are designed to go down pretty fast, not to live for the whole game - you do want them to go rampage, wreak some havoc, and then die. Now I find it hard to justify them, for a similar price range, we have better scheme runners (say Merris) or better damage dealers (say Burt) and they are both more durable and mobile. They are both reckless, and 3AP with Wk 5 is way better than 2 AP with Wk 7...I'd actually take even a Lightning Bug over them, for 1 point less!

The plus flips are only if they rampage, which means they're probably gonna die soon ;)

I think killing above your points class is normal, if you then die right away. They're like guided missiles, like Papa Loco or Pere Ravage (6 SS). Otherwise, if you kill stuff and then stick around, you're likely to cost twice as many SS...

12 hours ago, trikk said:

2/4/6 is a very good damage spread for 6SS.

It's good but nothing crazy, it's the same as a Wild Boar, which is a lot more durable, and definitely less than say Burt or Francois. Then why not raise their point cost to 7 SS? That way they would have kept the option for crazy mobility, which together with the worse attack would have balanced out, giving you an alternative. I'd take 3AP Wk 7 with a worse attack over 3AP Wk 5 with better attack...at least sometimes. This way they are just plain worse...yes, they may have one rampage turn in which they'll do a couple of attacks, very likely hit minimum damage every time, kill something if they're lucky (it is also very hard for them to focus on one target, and don't forget they can charge your guys too!) then die. Are they worth 6 SS? I don't think so. I bet I won't see them on the table very often...which I guess for all non-gremlin players will be a success, and for us just a pity ;)
At least something has finally been done about some models that were truly an issue, like the Rotten Belles!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluepanther said:

You think that they shouldn't have gotten errata'd because now slow hurts them like it does everyone else... Haha.. You could ask a player from any faction if they would take 1 wound on their models to gain the fast condition and they would all take it. To be quite honest I think the amount of reckless, dumb luck, and bayou two abilities are far more powerful than people realize. I think if more people played them it would be realized how powerful they are. Its really hard to stop when a player knows how to use all that extra AP wisely. 

Bingo. As I said before, 1 extra AP is a CRAZY resource. Gremlins was my first faction, and when I started playing other factions, oh how I miss those AP! Yes, Dumb Luck and Bayou Two are also probably underestimated, but I mean, in a game based on activations with very limited number of actions, action points are the primary resource. Having the chance of a model essentially being fast for the price of just 1 wound, is really priceless! Especially in a faction that 1) has a lot of healing and 2) usually doesn't care for his own models sacrificing themselves...

About Dumb Luck, I can tell you that last time Francois saw the battlefield, he one-shot killed A MASTER with 1 melee attack, hit dumb luck, then flipped red joker for a ridiculous 14 damage. In ONE attack. ;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wizuriel said:

I think Rooster Riders are fine with the cuddle, but I do agree if any Gremlin unit seems reckless it is Rooster Riders. Imo losing Bayou Two card and changing Reckless to Drunk & Reckless might have been a better play. 

For example. Or raising them to 7 SS, which means they would have been in competition with a whole different range of models, but at least providing a different playstyle. I just doubt they'll see the battlefield very often now, since we have better options.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Durza said:

Also wk 7 and 1ap charges, they are still really good and i don't see how people think they aren't anymore. 

1 less AP means A LOT less flexibility, if you wanted to do something other than charge with them. If you just wanted to charge away and kill stuff, then 1 less AP means 1 less attack, and kill a lot less stuff. I don't know if you play Gremlins or not, but as an experienced Gremlin player I can tell you that now, for that price, we have other, better options. It's not that they aren't good, they're just not worth it anymore.

It's like any 7 SS Neverborn model trying to compete with Illuminated...now, that's a crazy model that perhaps needs a little touch (and I'm saying this against my interest, since I play Neverborn, too). It's the reason why you don't see stuff like Young Neph a whole lot...they're not bad, Illuminated are just better ;)

Maybe having a model that runs schemes and charges like crazy isn't what the writers wanted? How many 3 AP Minions do the other factions get, and you're spouting doom because one of the Gremlins isn't an auto-take anymore?

You're free to switch them out for whatever you want in your games, no one's going to force you to bring them. I'd even argue that was the point behind the change to the riders, same as Colette's errata; just reminding everyone that there are other things to bring or do than the same thing three times.

• Like 1

Things like Roosters are going to take a while to settle down. They were broken. Really, they were. They deserved to lose something - Reckless, 1 AP charges, Rampage, toning down their :melee attack. Something was on the cards to drop. They chose Reckless.

Now? There's morely 'good'. There's competing models - as said, Merris, who is fast. Burt, who can do the damage. Roosters still combine those into a single model. Right now, people are still reeling from their broken good models being downgraded to merely good - in the same way Neverborn players who crutch on Illumunated would feel if they (when?) got Cuddled. In a few months, we'll see where Roosters actually stand. They might get a buff of a different kind in the 6 monthly errata if Wyrd feel they overswung the pendulum, but I think it's fair to say Reckless just isn't coming back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

It's good but nothing crazy, it's the same as a Wild Boar, which is a lot more durable, and definitely less than say Burt or Francois.

If we define damage spread levels by dumb luck Francois I think all my masters suck as none of them have a severe of 10. If you look at Francois without the Dumb Luck he has a worse spread than a Rooster. Both Francois and Burt are Rare 1. I faced lists with 4 roosters.

They definitely needed a cuddle more than Belles IMHO

• Like 3

7 hours ago, trikk said:

If we define damage spread levels by dumb luck Francois I think all my masters suck as none of them have a severe of 10. If you look at Francois without the Dumb Luck he has a worse spread than a Rooster. Both Francois and Burt are Rare 1. I faced lists with 4 roosters.

They definitely needed a cuddle more than Belles IMHO

Francois is never without the Dumb Luck, it's built in ;)

Ok, 4 roosters is a little excessive, but perhaps that is not a rooster's problem, it's just a "bad" player. I always like playing with an eye to the fluff, I hate "power players". And perhaps yes they needed a cuddle, but they could have literally done anything else but from removing reckless, which, again, I think is a very distinctive feature. Raise the SS cost, lower stats, remove Bayou Two Card, make them Rare 2...anything.

I guess you'll face lists with 0 roosters now ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edopersichetti said:

Francois is never without the Dumb Luck, it's built in ;)

Ok, 4 roosters is a little excessive, but perhaps that is not a rooster's problem, it's just a "bad" player. I always like playing with an eye to the fluff, I hate "power players". And perhaps yes they needed a cuddle, but they could have literally done anything else but from removing reckless, which, again, I think is a very distinctive feature. Raise the SS cost, lower stats, remove Bayou Two Card, make them Rare 2...anything.

I guess you'll face lists with 0 roosters now ;)

A game actively catering to tournament players to the extent that only tournament players can get certain models kind of needs to take win at all costs players in consideration. If you don't care about power gaming the changes shouldn't affect you, they didn't change the roosters fluff as far as I knowso you can still play your thematic lists.

The problem was that they weren't behaving like they should in the fluff sincw they were far to good at scheming and hit well above their weight class.

• Like 3

I ordered all the errata cards for Guild from Wargame Vault, and the initial order had the older non-errata cards in them. I notified them and over a month later they sent me the replacements, which were still the older non-errata cards. Currently awaiting another replacement shipment........=/

Just letting everyone know, buyer beware. This is a common thing right now, as on the Wyrd Place FB there is a ongoing thread of multiple people running into this issue. Might want to hold off until they've got all the kinks worked out.

I just got an email and they said that it would take about a week to fix before printing.  They gave me store credit.  It is still irritating.  You would have figured they would have made sure the second run was good before shipping.

14 minutes ago, Durza said:

In that thread Wargame vault have said they have found the issue and are working on it, and apologized.

Glad to hear things are getting sorted out.  In case it still is of any use, I just wanted to note that my order (Jan 31 2017: Colette, Ironsides, Union Miner C, GG2017 strats/schemes) arrived and all the cards, as far as I can tell, are the correct and up to date editions.

39 minutes ago, Chris Rivers said:

I just got an email and they said that it would take about a week to fix before printing.  They gave me store credit.  It is still irritating.  You would have figured they would have made sure the second run was good before shipping.

They did check, the test runs they did were correct according to Aaron, which is why they thought they had fixed it. 

Speaking as someone who works in this kind of industry, there's a lot of ways for the wrong print files to make it to the printers. The fact that it takes so long to print them tells me they don't have an entirely automated system and are relying on people to generate the print files. This mostly points to just bad QA on Wargamevaults part.

Keeping old files would be pretty standard. But keeping them in a manner where who/whatever sending them to print gets confused between the sets just points to unchecked human error.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 2:39 PM, -Loki- said:

Speaking as someone who works in this kind of industry, there's a lot of ways for the wrong print files to make it to the printers. The fact that it takes so long to print them tells me they don't have an entirely automated system and are relying on people to generate the print files. This mostly points to just bad QA on Wargamevaults part.

Keeping old files would be pretty standard. But keeping them in a manner where who/whatever sending them to print gets confused between the sets just points to unchecked human error.

The WGV announcement basically says that they found the wrong problem, and fixed it, so they thought they were good.  And some of the cards are right, so presumably their QA just got good ones.

From a Six Sigma/Lean standpoint, I'm super interested in what happened.  From a customer standpoint, I want it right.  From a "person who's done print jobs" perspective, I feel for them.

I just think that if you know you had a big issue, you would check every order that went out the door to make sure they were correct.  Now they are going to have to spend more money on another reprint run and shipping.  In addition, I know I at least got a credit, don't know if they are giving it to everyone without asking for it.

19 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

I just think that if you know you had a big issue, you would check every order that went out the door to make sure they were correct.  Now they are going to have to spend more money on another reprint run and shipping.  In addition, I know I at least got a credit, don't know if they are giving it to everyone without asking for it.

Easy to say, tough to do. Even hiring more people, you're looking at delaying - severely depending on the quantities - orders by putting everything through such a QA check.

I got my errata cards yesterday, and all were fine.

What I really want to know is, why haven't they taken down Waldgeist a notch or two?

6 ss for 7 wounds, armor 2, unimpeeded, perfect camouflage, a decent attack, and a fantastic 0-action. Plus the ability to throw them From the Shadows to camp on strategy markers from the get go.

Why armor 2? (AND perfect camo). Are there any tougher minions for 6 ss out there? 

11 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

What I really want to know is, why haven't they taken down Waldgeist a notch or two?

6 ss for 7 wounds, armor 2, unimpeeded, perfect camouflage, a decent attack, and a fantastic 0-action. Plus the ability to throw them From the Shadows to camp on strategy markers from the get go.

Why armor 2? (AND perfect camo). Are there any tougher minions for 6 ss out there? 

Because it wasn`t needed - no player using Waldgeists dominated a tourney just because of them :)