[Help Wantd] 10 Thunders Mei Fang, Rule of Cool

Kobayashi

So,

after having a fun game with my Gremlins and Lucky Emissary last night (he won me the game). I really want to touch my Mei Fang Crew now (currently I only lent her to new players, never being able to field them myself).

With the fun having with Lucky, I want to field the Shadow Emissary. I also want the Crew half thematic... I have some purchases, but I need to paint up some rest of the models and want to include the Shadow Emissary. Can you help me build a mostly viable (sure, sure Schemes & Stats) in theme Crew.

- Things I have painted -

Rail Crew

Rail Golem

Dawn Serpent

Sparks

- Things to paint -

Shadow Emissary

Obsidian Oni

Katanaka Sniper (I have 2 LE models, but would prefer the 2nd one to trade in for a different stanced model)

Metal Gamin

Willie

Kamaitachi

Johan(a)

Komainu

Mech Porkch

Yes I know I should take Toshiro, since he is great to summon off, but I really want to do it in theme. I also have various other 10 T models in the Pipeline like the Jorogomu...

-) effigy (cheap and tought construct, accomplice)

-) toshiro (he can summon koimainu from scrap (created by emissary / emberling / porkchop / obsidian oni), he also got some sinergy with rail workers (they're both construct and living) so you can summon ashigaru or koimainu, he can benefit from emissary rite of strenght

-) koimainu (medium base resilent constructs, free placement)

-) mechanized porkchop (gremlin, foundry construct, ml boost in charge and scrap free drop)

-) obsidian oni (can put burn and drop scrap, also healing support)

-) rail golem (it works better with arca-mei but still thematic, willie and sparks are also foundry)

-) perhaps high river monk if you want fire synergy.

-) terracotta warriors (recalled training works pretty well on mei)

-) katanaka and tengu are also staples minion for TT. Nice ranged damage and cheap scheme runners. Tengu can also stack regeneration on summoned koimainu

4 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

@Piccio

I even have the shadow effigy and tengus.. terracotas are not available and I want to save Toshiro for when I paint up and field Yan lo (already built... the beard).

Re Mech Prokchop; would it be good to have it around Mei for the buff... ... :s

Emissary, Porkchop, Mei:

Porkchop has wandered up the field, Emissary used its (0) to push and drop a scrap marker, then sets itself near a cluster of enemy models. Ideally, all of them will be within the Conflux of Combat bubble. If they're close enough, you can even give Mei Feng Fast while setting things up.

Mei activates, has 3AP (4 with Fast) to spend and Seismic Claws, Recalled Training, Vapormancy. Burns Recalled Training. Railwalks on anything except a Black Joker to the Emissary's scrap marker, trigger-chains a 'free' Railwalk to Mechanized Porkchop, declares charge at something that will leave her in the passive aura of the Conflux of Combat. She takes 1 wound from the Porkchop's aura, gains another set of positives on all attacks in her activation.

Because reasons.

How many cards do you have in hand? If you've got a spare, get a bonus attack! With Seismic Claws triggers, you potentially get more. All with double positives on the attack and single positives on the damage. Feel free to pop a couple Vent Steam triggers off of Vapormancy while you're at it.

I also like to sometimes do the paradox thing where I have both Effigy and Emissary on the table--and in the 10T effigy, you've got some defensive tech that will help Mei Feng survive reprisal.

Edited by spooky_squirrel
overly excited
  • Like 1

Without the Emissary handing out Fast and fueling an empty-the-hand moment in your crux turn, that 1 wound gives you positives to attacks for the remainder of Mei Feng's activation.

Her Vapormancy attack is a 3:meleeCa 7 attack action that can hand out blast and burning. Get this on positives and you will have an easier time dealing with stuff.

Note: you could also declare a charge, beat on something for a few hits, then Railwalk elsewhere and Jackhammer kick as a trigger off the Railwalk and still have the positive.

So yeah, the Mechanized Porkchop strikes me as being something very solid to have around for the buff for Mei. ;)

3 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

If you are referring to Conflux of Combat for this, that is once per turn.

Indeed--I have edited it. Sadly I don't have my cards in front of me at this moment, but I was able to confirm via @GMort's unboxing series that the card states once per turn.

It's not a closed loop, however, so Mei can use triggers off of the attack, potentially chaining in more of them in the case of Seismic Claws and a victim or two that are stuck somewhere where they cannot be pushed out of her claw range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Thanks for the Intel, so the next thing on the painting table will be def. Porkchop and Emissary anything else I could take (given enough soulstones, have not the cards with me) for a 50 game. Should I Keep the Emberling if I don't want Toshiro, or should I take the wonder weasel?

I think that the kamaitachi really needs the terracotta warrior to work with Mei (or anybody outside of McCabe/Shenlong). You need the push/heal/card draw to outweigh the benefits of the emberling. Remember, even if the emberling never generates an additional scrap, it is a construct you can Railwalk to, it is Incorporeal, and it can take Interacts (remember, the weasel is a minion, but is also Insignificant). Once you get the terracotta, definitely try the weasel out, though.

One thing I will recommend (because I keep forgetting this myself): remember why you are bringing Mei Feng to the fight. You have schemes and strat to score. If you get caught up in the "if I do this, I can wipe out all of their support by turn 3!" you'll forget that you still need to score.

Bouncing Mei Feng off of the Mechanized Porkchop to have bonuses on the attack while attacking with Scalding breath is pretty slick, but if I'm not spending her AP in a way that advances my schemes or denies theirs for the 11 point game approach, or scores me my 10 for the 10 point approach, I'm helping my opponent. If their support needs to die to stop them from overrunning the table (i.e. Tannen in a Dreamer Summoning crew), then I need to decide if having Mei Feng reach out and touch him from across the table is a good trade, because she's probably not going to survive the reprisal.

I find I make most of my Mei Feng mistakes when I think to myself that she's going to be able to hammer their support with a railwalk/kick/follow up (triggers and extra shenanigans), railwalk/kick/etc., and be good to go... and I fail the first two railwalk flips and cannot cheat them without screwing up the rest of my plans. Another thing that's come up that occasionally throws a spanner in the works is when a Wp-duel ability like Teddy's goes off when Mei Feng is targeting something next to the Teddy, and Teddy throws Mei Feng somewhere where she cannot do what she was trying to do.

The Emberling is a 3 stone minion that's not insignificant. Even if you're not using burning synergies or trying to incidentally damage opposing constructs, it's a 3 stone scheme runner. It is not a construct, however, unless there's an update to it that I've missed.

• Like 1