The Cult's Kickstarter Goodies

retnab

Hey all, figured I would consolidate our roadmap of when we're getting our goodies here for everyone.  The Cult's unlocks are:

Twisted Horrors - Squad (at $175k) SUCCESS

Fenton Brahms - Commander (at $225k) SUCCESS, free

Doomseekers - Squad (at $250k) SUCCESS, free

Raving Madman - Adjunct (1x at $300k, $325k, and $400k each), SUCCESS x3, free

Breachling - Champion (1x at $375k and $500k each), SUCCESS x1, free

Special Edition Binh Nguyen - Syndicate Champion (at $450k), SUCCESS, free

There's actually a lot of free stuff coming up if we hit the goals, I'm excited to see how high up we get!  The Breachling was confirmed by Aaron on the Kickstarter comments to be the Cult's non-large Champion model, and we have no idea if Thrace and Bin Nguyen will work for us, but otherwise that's our stretch goal (EDIT: Thrace does not, Binh does).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Horomatangi

Raving Madman

Only the most raving here! ;) Interesting... tried googling that name and it came back as a Maori legend of a giant water lizard.  Is that a hint of what's to come for us?  If so I think that would be pretty awesome, between that and the Goryshche we'd be getting some good diverse legends coming to life in the faction!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, retnab said:

Only the most raving here! ;) Interesting... tried googling that name and it came back as a Maori legend of a giant water lizard.  Is that a hint of what's to come for us?  If so I think that would be pretty awesome, between that and the Goryshche we'd be getting some good diverse legends coming to life in the faction!

maybe thats the cult/gibbering horde duel faction master?

36 minutes ago, retnab said:

Only the most raving?  Sounds like a good place for me!

That info about the Horomatangi sounds awesome!

I wonder what the Raving Madmen are... We still haven't seen anything about that crazed sorcerer with the book on the CotBM page is yet... maybe him?

?format=750w

I'm pretty certain I've sold my soul (what little is left of that void anyways...) to the Cult!  Loving everything about them and the reveals and really hope we can get up to 500k... Hopefully it'll pick up after the holidays (Wyrd may have messed up their timing a bit here...)

Think my favourite unit for looks is that Doom seeker with the two crescent blades!  Can't wait to see what the rest entail!

I had kind of assumed he was a Doomseeker as well, but when it had been hinted that the mystery Dual Faction Cult Commander had already been seen in the artwork I thought maybe he'd be it?  There's not much in the artwork at this point that isn't already confirmed.  It does make sense that a giant water lizard would have at least something to do with the Hordes though, that is kind of their shtick.

Derp... just reread Aaron's post.  Are those the names of the first two Mystery models I have on the list?  So Horomatangi as the Dual Faction Commander, and the Raving Madman as the Adjunct model?  Actually looking at the book holding Cultist, I could see him being a Raving Madman and would explain why, unlike the rest of the Doomseekers he doesn't have a weapon with him (I think the pictures of the Doomseekers all had weapons right?).

Giant Water Lizard?

could it be that thing on the promotional art? Never could tell which side it was on, it was a lizard, but it also seemed to be attacked the Yarazi and was glowing.

We've seen with the frenzy that commanders aren't always true "commander". So maybe this one is a titan? That would be awesome.

Also I am kinda unsure about what to make of the new funding map... I was already a bit unsure about all the fact that the kickstarter felt like a store. But it seems to be getting exaggerated.

Just worth a note, in the legend, Horomatangi had a pet human who served him. So clearly it was more than some crude beast.  I would be shocked to see a titan commander this early in the game's life. But perhaps the "pet" could be a commander with Horo as a required troop and the real power in the relationship. Basically something like what they have with Dreamer and Chompy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Inefficiency_Expert said:

Just worth a note, in the legend, Horomatangi had a pet human who served him.

That's a good point, I wonder if they'll do something like that.  We're nearly at the Fenton Brahms stretch goal, hopefully we'll find out about Horomatangi soon after that!

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

I've learned about it all far too late. :( Congratulations to everyone who contributed and who are expecting some wonderful rewards for their pledges. Jealousy ++.

Not too late at all, the backerkit's still open for a little longer and you can still get in on the goodies here :) 

Edit: To get the goodies you need to select the Commander-tier pledge or higher, the pledge levels are at the bottom of the page for some reason

5 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Thanks retnab! Now if only there were a sizeable deposit to my bank amount of the required amount... ;)

Lol that is true :P $175 USD does get you enough for a full 2 Commander game and the rulebook though, not a bad way to start out even with the conversion fees (though I do cry every time I remember how bad the CAD is lately)