December 19th - Alt Lazarus

Lucidicide

Wow this sculpt looks fantastic! I think we all agree it is much better than the original. Its much more dynamic. The current Lazarus just looks so stiff but I think Wyrd was trying something different with the moveable parts on the original model. Anyways I hope he can be used *well* with Ramos and the Aracanists. I am actually trying to get rid of my outcasts and switching over to Arcanists soon

While the execution of the original isn't great, I like that concept better. This new one looks too humanoid for my taste, too much like a guy in armour, the original is much more robot-y and that's how I see Lazarus. Fight the fleshbags!

Also the way he holds the grenade launcher looks rather awkward. The art is much worse in that regard so the 3D artist did some work to save it but didn't quite get there in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Four_N_Six said:

I don't play Outcasts, but depending on how this guy is acquired, I could be persuaded to let him roll with Wong.

1 hour ago, Swinerider said:

Or Zipp

But Wong gets to make Lazarus Glowy, upping all his damage (incl. blasts) by +1, and making him ignore Armour, Incorporeal, and HtK. That's why my Lazarus and my Wong are the BEST of Bayou Buddies! And no amount of your Zipp's sweet-talking is going to lure him away!! ;-)

+1 for the new sculpt, also. I'm not 100 % sold on it - feels a little too graceful, for what i see as a blunt hammer giant robot - but it's definitely an improvement, and corrects the current model's "middle-aged spread" issue...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

But Wong gets to make Lazarus Glowy, upping all his damage (incl. blasts) by +1, and making him ignore Armour, Incorporeal, and HtK. That's why my Lazarus and my Wong are the BEST of Bayou Buddies! And no amount of your Zipp's sweet-talking is going to lure him away!! ;-)

+1 for the new sculpt, also. I'm not 100 % sold on it - feels a little too graceful, for what i see as a blunt hammer giant robot - but it's definitely an improvement, and corrects the current model's "middle-aged spread" issue...

Earl Burns!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bengt said:

While the execution of the original isn't great, I like that concept better. This new one looks too humanoid for my taste, too much like a guy in armour, the original is much more robot-y and that's how I see Lazarus. Fight the fleshbags!

Also the way he holds the grenade launcher looks rather awkward. The art is much worse in that regard so the 3D artist did some work to save it but didn't quite get there in my opinion.

Fully agreed.

Looks more Sci-Fi than steampunk.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

This is not part of tOS in any way or form.

Haven't decided yet really how to release him - Guilder program, purchase .. we'll figure it out. 

Whole story why ol' boy looks different. Has to do with an ambush by the guild and basically being blow to bits and back, and some friends at @ putting him back together again ...

Thank you for not making this part of TOS; I mean, I'm in for 300 for the KS, but since they're incompatible, it would be kind of a mixed message.

Maybe add him as a random insert to larger tournament packs as a surprise for the person who places last but doesn't drop out?