Brutal Emissary Conversion and Guild collection

Loftybloke

6 hours ago, Loftybloke said:

Thanks very much.

I think it definitely looks better than the stock sword. In my opinion it always looked like a placeholder in the digital sculpt that never got finished.

Lofty

I doubt that's the case.  The sword is just like the art, where it wasn't given a lot of detail because its in the background.  Wyrd just sometimes has issues where colorization and perspective that looks fine in the art fails to translate into detail on a 3D model. :\

• Like 1

Looking forward to it!

I personally dont mind the sword at all. But I see room for improvement.

Perhaps Ill convert another one aswell someday. If only because Never Bluff A Six gun doesnt feel in line with his massive sword.

Like you Id probably try to insert a revolver into the design. Be it like The Judge or have the sword be a massive bayonet.

Thank you :)

Yes, the base is cork sheet with greenstuff over the top, which I then shape in to flagstones. My other Guild miniatures also have cobbles which i press into greenstuff. I will try and get some more pictures up today which will show this. For now, see below pic of pre-paint bases i prepared for my Lady Justice crew.

IMG_20160326_141648.jpg

• Like 1

As promised, I've taken some photos of my current Guild collection.

The only things not featured here are a Lone Marshall, the Pale Rider, Peacekeeper, Alternative Francisco and the Brutal Effigy. I will hopefully have time to finish a few of them soon enough, and they may well end up in a WIP post before then :)

Excuse the makeshift light box.

First up, my favourite Crew box (minus totem which I've never used but is at least part way painted)
Lady Justice. This was my first crew and the master I've played the most with and learned the game with.

IMG_20161218_140130.jpg

Next we Have Sonnia Criid. I really like the shift in play style from melee aggression to powerful caster

IMG_20161218_140416.jpg

Next up is Dashel and the Guild Guards from Lucius' box. No real interest in playing Lucius really, but he can apparently run a Nephilim grow list reasonably successfully. (Have I alluded to future revelation?. quell horreur). Anyway, Dashel works well with the Guards and riflemen. Yes I know the raptor isn't attached the Austringer properly. I'm not yet ready to talk about Austringer assembly

IMG_20161218_140607.jpg

I've yet to use the exorcists successfully :( but the riflemen consistently do well when I bring them :)

IMG_20161218_140830.jpg

The mainstays of my Justice/Sonnia crews :) the 0 upgrade on the executioner is ridiculous :D

IMG_20161218_140714.jpg

Lastly I have the starter box Guild miniatures. My wife and I bought the starter box to help her learn the game :). I really like the dirty white on these guys. Just need to decide what a hospital floor colour would be in Malifaux :/

IMG_20161218_140938.jpg

More to follow as I finish them :)

Lofty

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a WIP Peacekeeper that I thought I would share (he's been at this stage for a month or so im ashamed to say) as well as the beginning of my Hoffman crew.

The Peacekeeper is based on a sewer style of base, and I will carry this throughout the Guild Constructs.  The idea of Hoffman working on his creations in some kind of mad engineer's laboratory, is one that I really like :) I also added some 'charging points' to the Peacekeeper, as he was giving me a very 'Igor' vibe, and I love the idea of him getting recharge via some mad lightning conducting thing…

IMG_20170110_202914.jpg

I like the background/character of Hoffman and his constructs and  I caved in and bought with some cash I received from family at Xmas. I went ahead and made Ryle and the Guardian first, along with their bases. Just missing greenstuff topping to take flagstone details.

IMG_20170110_202535.jpg

I'll post more WIP and progress as soon as I get time to work on things a little more.

I also have a Lilith crew that's taking at least some of my hobby time at the moment too :)

Cheers

Lofty

• Like 1

I've got all the models I have for Hoffman assembled
IMG_20170118_185512.jpg

I  was a little worried about pulling the Hunters/Watcher up from the magnetic storage I use as they all have a small point of contact with the base and I only just manage to pin the watcher through the straight leg, so I used the pipes in a workaround which I describe in detail here. Just to add some liquid greenstuff to the Hunters and everyone is ready to be sprayed to paint :)

I would share the progress I've made with my Neverborn, but maybe I should do that in a new thread.

Cheers

Lofty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress with Hoffman. I've not painted metallics on so much of so many models for a while...

IMG_20170128_140523.jpg

They are pretty much ready to start adding the dark grey/red colours which I use throughout my guild models, and then I can add weathering. I've been using my incomplete Peacekeeper as a reference to this point, but I'm nearly at the stage with the rest of them that he is at so I'll be doing it all together.

Might switch to do some Neverborn painting at some point soon though to avoid any more metals :P

Cheers

Lofty

• Like 3

Thanks. Sorry about the picture quality, the WIP shots (with the keyboard in the background) I just snap at my desk in whatever light there is in the evening to show progress. I did try and take the crew shots in natural light with a white background to light them better, im not sure what else I could to to improve picture quality on my mobile phone.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Finally got Hoffman pretty much done :) it's been a labour of love certainly.

There are a couple of tiny finishing touches to do to these, like the wash on the base I mentioned, some stitching on the watcher's wings and probably a dab of wash on each rivet, but it's less than a half hour of work total :)

Excuse what is hopefully the last in a long line of crappy photos, I did order some parts to hold my phone ion a tripod, and need to fond some lamps.

I also only just discovered the crop function,m but of course only realised that I was saving over the top of the originals by the time I realised I could dictate the size of the crop and have all the images the same...

Learning curve ;)

IMG_20170305_173715.jpg

I wont make a massive post with individual shots, unless otherwise requested. they can be found on photobucket/my blog if any one is interested though

Cheers

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I managed to snag myself a Nightmare McCabe crew from a trading group on Facebook! However after opening it up in a mad rush of excitement, it was the transparent set... After having paid Import fees and postage etc I decided it wasn't worth arguing with the seller and Paypal for refunds, and to just get on with it.

I asked in a few places for advice about the brittle plastics etc and got the same feedback: Yes it's brittle but isn't glass, & if you're painting it anyway, prime on the sprue to make it easier to see the attachment points etc.

Fast forward after a weekend away, and I've assembled the dismounted Rollins, and primed the other frames :)
IMG_20170417_111543.jpg

• Like 2

I´m excited to see your version of McGabe.

Back to your Hoffmann Crew: I would really like to see a bright light effect on that blue lenses of the crew. Just like you keyboard in the background. The whole crew is that grim dark metal theme and that dark red doesn´t really shine because its dark in dark. Maybe its the picture but if you made some bright highlights or light effects they would look even more astonishing.