Funded in 35 Minutes!

Fog

I'm definitely in the camp of the Kickstarter being pretty darn good value.  Even comparing the MSRP pricing to something like Warmahordes, the pricing is similar but you're getting way more unique sculpts - I was stunned when I realized that a squad of The Warped had 9 unique sculpts!  The sculpt variety alone adds some pretty nice value IMO.

As a prospective Burning Acolyte, I am extremely excited by this.  They're amazing and flavorful, and knowing that there'll be that much diversity between sculpts makes my decision easier.

On the Other Side, I can understand the lack of 'excessive freebies.'  Our local retailer was initially very hesitant to back this kickstarter, or even really support it locally.  He's had too many situations where a game has blown up big via kickstarter and then by the time it made it to retail everyone had everything they could buy, or the game sputtered out and he was stuck sitting on a ton of product.  

This way, though, he'll be able to get a demo kit early, people will be able to get starters (and maybe a few extra boxes), but there'll be plenty left for retailers to provide.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phroggle said:

Got in there right away, but after reading over the campaign deets  I'm having "buyer's remorse. Frankly the price point and lack of KS exclusives have me thinking I might be better waiting and buying it retail.

Eh, I just look at it this way; if you're going to buy all this stuff on in retail anyway you may as well just donate now, you're ultimately getting it cheaper than MSRP according to the KS page.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fog said:

As a prospective Burning Acolyte, I am extremely excited by this.  They're amazing and flavorful, and knowing that there'll be that much diversity between sculpts makes my decision easier.

On the Other Side, I can understand the lack of 'excessive freebies.'  Our local retailer was initially very hesitant to back this kickstarter, or even really support it locally.  He's had too many situations where a game has blown up big via kickstarter and then by the time it made it to retail everyone had everything they could buy, or the game sputtered out and he was stuck sitting on a ton of product.  

This way, though, he'll be able to get a demo kit early, people will be able to get starters (and maybe a few extra boxes), but there'll be plenty left for retailers to provide.

Yeah, that looks pretty nifty, especially considering the Allegiance boxes... while they are good, they also have pretty limited models, so there's a whole lot left that can be bought/sold. 

33 minutes ago, Shrapnelsmile said:

While what I see is quite appealing, we're in need of a two starter box, one book option to support.  If more than the $99 pledge is required to get any reward, i have to jump into Titans and that isn't wanted yet. Not when we cannot even easily acquire two demo forces in our pledge.

You could pledge $198 and get 2x Champion level kits ($350 MSRP btw). You get 2 Allegiance boxes and 2 rule books and save $100 not getting the titans.

5 hours ago, Shrapnelsmile said:

While what I see is quite appealing, we're in need of a two starter box, one book option to support.  If more than the $99 pledge is required to get any reward, i have to jump into Titans and that isn't wanted yet. Not when we cannot even easily acquire two demo forces in our pledge.

you know, it IS quite odd there's no two player starter kit in the KSer choices. I wonder if there will be one on retail, or if they won't make one until maybe later

15 minutes ago, Kyris said:

you know, it IS quite odd there's no two player starter kit in the KSer choices. I wonder if there will be one on retail, or if they won't make one until maybe later

Aaron stated somewhere deep in the KS comments section that there were plans for a 2 player starter at one point, but they were scrapped. There are no plans for one at present.

Just now, AverageBoss said:

Aaron stated somewhere deep in the KS comments section that there were plans for a 2 player starter at one point, but they were scrapped. There are no current plans to release one.

Ah, interesting. Wonder if it was a cost thing or they just decided it wasn't needed. I can't think of a single war game that doesn't have one; but on the other hand I don't think any of them launched with one.

I'm in at the Dual Commander level ... it is a good deal, and pushes the project forward early.  Extra rule books can be gifted, loaned to generate interest or sold later if my friends end up stocking up on them in the community. With the rules for Titans posted, they appear to blend in with enhancing the game, not dominating them like large models in some other systems.

Pretty excited, and this still has a lot of momentum for being so early in the time line.

Thanks all for letting me vent a bit first.  The Other Side is going to be a great addition to the scene.

• Like 2