The Other Side Kickstarter

Lucidicide

Congratulations!! You're almost funded!
But if you excuse me, I want to say that it's looks very... poor in comparison to the previous Kickstarter TTB. Very small pictures, no rules (even a short version for review) and the most important thing - NO KS exclusives for backers. Many people come to KS exactly for smth unique, that they can catch only through the KS and what will be the very rare after it (like Hannah TTB). So here, at this kickstarter I see nothing for backers and it's very sad((

Backed so fast!

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Congratulations!! You're almost funded!
But if you excuse me, I want to say that it's looks very... poor in comparison to the previous Kickstarter TTB. Very small pictures, no rules (even a short version for review) and the most important thing - NO KS exclusives for backers. Many people come to KS exactly for smth unique, that they can catch only through the KS and what will be the very rare after it (like Hannah TTB). So here, at this kickstarter I see nothing for backers and it's very sad((

The rules would have been nice, but I'm not miffed regarding exclusives. It looks like we'll be getting a good discount anyways, us early adopters.

1 minute ago, Pyrflamme said:

Backed so fast!

The rules would have been nice, but I'm not miffed regarding exclusives. It looks like we'll be getting a good discount anyways, us early adopters.

Got to echo this, the hefty discount seems to be the main deal here. It also keeps things simple and to the point commercially. TTB had a ton of fancy stuff that made the whole thing devolve into an eternal nightmare of extra costs that had no real relation so the kickstarter product itself. The resources wasted on making the frankly ugly wicked doll could have been a lot better spent on the product itself for example.

Hmm, some of the models look a bit generic I feel, like Crow Runners and the other Abyssinia unit looks fairly indistinguishable, though that might be a bit better when I see them painted? It's mostly the Burning Man ones that catch my eye, also a bit disappointing the King's Empire Titan is just a very generic looking walker, same with the Gibbering Hordes one.

I'm not super interested in the game anyway cause of the scale, but at least it presents an opportunity for scavenging.

I'm in for the Cult!  Bit surprised there aren't more models available, there was about 10 per faction shown but only 4 per faction available to buy?  I hope some more of them become available as Add-Ons, I'd love to be able to play some 2 Commander games (I assume they're the expected game size at 45 models a side mentioned previously?) when it lands.

Wyrd strongly believes in The Other Side. We are translating the rules and stat cards into six additional languages, which will be available at retail release. The available languages at launch are: French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. This is in addition to English.

While I'm quite happy to hear that, I urge you (as both translator and gamer): please, please, do invest in translators with background in gaming (or at least proper proofreaders). Certain large and recognizable wargaming publisher has a history of unsuccessful translations into Polish. Some of the translations were simply funny to read, others contained blatant errors in rules translations that changed how the game was played. In the end, most players simply preferred the English version. I have great faith that Wyrd would never allow such a thing to happen, but I'd just like to point that out in advance.

And now I'll just go and pledge my sou... I mean my money to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lakshman said:

While I'm quite happy to hear that, I urge you (as both translator and gamer): please, please, do invest in translators with background in gaming (or at least proper proofreaders). Certain large and recognizable wargaming publisher has a history of unsuccessful translations into Polish. Some of the translations were simply funny to read, others contained blatant errors in rules translations that changed how the game was played. In the end, most players simply preferred the English version. I have great faith that Wyrd would never allow such a thing to happen, but I'd just like to point that out in advance.

And now I'll just go and pledge my sou... I mean my money to you.

We have invested in professional folks to do so, but at the same time, we'll be bringing it to the Henchmen to take a look over things before we drop it on the community and quite bluntly, if some things are a bit jacked up, or can be cleaned up or explained a bit better with the help of the community, we'll certainly take it under advisement and update. That's one of the benefits of releasing the rules, and cards in those languages for free. 

I'm sure if we miss something, y'all will let us know poste haste and as always, we would appreciate the help. 

Hell, English is my first language and I'm afraid there are entirely way too many folks out there that have it as a second, third or even fourth language and understand it better than I do. :)

Thanks. 

• Like 2

One question about the hardcover rulebooks, are all rulebooks now sold in the Kickstarter going to be hardcover?  If so, would it be possible to have a softcover rulebook add-on?  I love a good hardcover rulebook for reading at home, but I much prefer the smaller softcover's for taking down to the LGS to play :) 

It's been requested in the comments on the kickstarter, but might as well bring it up here - is it possible to get a full game walkthrough video? I feel it would help sell the game more than the single turn on a small board with small forces video currently up.

edit - I also noticed that The Frenzy, shown in both the 'Allegiances' video and its own little preview video, you've shown 2 sculpts. In the preview video for the Stormsiren, you say she's a commander 'like The Frenzy'. I'm assuming that you can't have two of The Frenzy down, so what's up? Is one an alt LE model? I really like the one shown in the preview compared to the more static one shown in the Allegiances video.

• Like 3

I'm hoping you guys provide some Limited Edition miniatures for the people willing to back your vision now...while I've seen some complaints about LEs on the Kickstarter comments, there also seems to be a proportion of "supporters" stating that they will wait to buy at a discount from retailers in the future. I guess it comes down to the type of person you want to reward...?

16 hours ago, -Loki- said:

It's been requested in the comments on the kickstarter, but might as well bring it up here - is it possible to get a full game walkthrough video? I feel it would help sell the game more than the single turn on a small board with small forces video currently up.

edit - I also noticed that The Frenzy, shown in both the 'Allegiances' video and its own little preview video, you've shown 2 sculpts. In the preview video for the Stormsiren, you say she's a commander 'like The Frenzy'. I'm assuming that you can't have two of The Frenzy down, so what's up? Is one an alt LE model? I really like the one shown in the preview compared to the more static one shown in the Allegiances video.

In today's update featuring the upcoming commanders, there seems to be one of them with the legend (1 of 3).

From that, I'm guessing that the Frenzy is a collective commander with three models on the base, either in spirit or literally (linked minds).