Hoffman: which Christmas gift for him?

Franchute

@skoatz 

As a firm believer in reasonable goals I would suggest sculpting your own slightly smaller hunter-kitten prototype! 

"Wolsung - a steampunk miniature game" also has some cute robots I believe, but that's the low road ;) They also don't really match the style of the Malifaux bots.

http://shop.microartstudio.com/clockwork-servant-3-p-895.html

• Like 1

I took stompybot back. He took it back that night. This morning it reappeared on my painting station, now base coated. :lol:

Hoffman wants to O.S.A. copy either emissary's native 0 action (...which may lead to two overlapping auras of 'heal 2'? Hmmm...) or his conflux's 0 action to drop a scrap (which means he can at last produce two scrap per activation, for a 0 and a 1ap; I'm sure we all see the potential of getting nimble and armor out on turn 1 for a pleasant change).

• Like 3

It´s like the first time I realised that machine puppet does not allow for triggers to be declared (so no glorious 5+ attacks with a min damage 6 peacekeeper :/ )- since then I more often than not use it to take walks, interacts or focus if I want to hit things with max damage - only use it to attack if unmodified min damage would kill the opponent :) 

If it could declare triggers Langston would be even funnier. A fast Hoffman copying his attack and stoning for autokill it until the enemy has no hand and everyone is dead. That's probably why it can't do it. It is also why that rams upgrade is guild-only constructs, someone just forgot that part when playtesting his upgrade for the emissary :D 

Since this topic is still rolling...after some discussion I decided that the emissary borrowing the Malifaux Child's "Just Like You!" while powerlooped to a metal gamin could, in fact, borrow the Ca8 before taking the -3Ca penalty, for that odd and specific situation where you felt the need to hire the gamin and also might not want anything more important buried that turn and need another Hoffman action more than the emissary's own. Fishing for a 7 on a positive flip for Machine Puppet (with its own triggers but without triggers on the puppeted action) seems more achievable than hunting for a 9.

*floats through the topic trailing hearts, gears, and a chorus of "shoot all your problems away"*

Brutal Emissary is all I could ever have dreamed of. Raspy's crew minus the lady herself (deleted by a puppeted focused shot or two) swung at it for four turns but it simply would not die! Hoffman assimilated the gun and shot the December acolyte! Earlier games I had it amped up to double positive attack! And it just looks amazing alongside the smaller stompybots!:wub:

I ran the gamin alongside it and did appreciate machine puppet on a 4 instead of 6, frequently. My hands and flips were not rich in moderate cards. (For extra value, the gamin was designated scheme runner against Raspy by magnetizing its way across the board on the stepping stones of ice gamin while toting both scheming upgrades.) Howard was launched upfield in all three games, twice directly by emissary, once by 'that giant winged robot scares me and I want to block it first'. I did not keep a harpoon bearer alive long enough to reel enemies into its reach. It loves mobile toolkit, of course.

• Like 1

On 21.2.2017 at 7:03 PM, Ludvig said:

If it could declare triggers Langston would be even funnier. A fast Hoffman copying his attack and stoning for autokill it until the enemy has no hand and everyone is dead. That's probably why it can't do it. It is also why that rams upgrade is guild-only constructs, someone just forgot that part when playtesting his upgrade for the emissary :D 

I don`t mind OSA, but it would be nice if Machine Puppet could declare triggers - Guild without crit strike or harpoons without the ability to drag models are much less interesting :/

• Like 1