The Cards So Far

retnab

And I'm back!

Well, there have been some pretty awesome reveals so far, the Black ops seem like they will be very effective, at east if you can find the scrip to afford them, the raving madman will help the cult models reach glory even faster than they do now (I watched the starter box video, wow) and breaching summoning doomcallers? That feels like a pretty good deal. Horo seems pretty cool, and Gorsyche's upgrades look pretty awesome, but I am honestly the most interested in Nguyen, and how syndicates will work. 

• Like 2

As much as "Is that... Cinnamon?" (Cinnamon's ability that models within six' as well as himself cant use moral actions) is a cool nod to the forum community, I honestly find that it just doesn't fit very well. It's an obscure reference that few will actually get, and isn't funny all on it's own.  It also doesn't make much sense as an ability either unfortunately.

Why not: "No, it's a giant flaming rhino" or Smells like burnt toast

39 minutes ago, retnab said:

I kind of assumed that "Is That... Cinnamon?" was referencing the smell of cinnamon in the air rather than all opponents knowing it to be a famous rhino named Cinnamon, but as Parker says the fluff can fix that pretty easily.

That makes much more sense than what I originally though (I thought it was referring to his name too).  Maybe "Can you smell... Cinnamon?" would be better?

He sure is!  The new design is very slick, I think I like the faction logo more in the bottom right rather than top left, since it currently takes up a fair bit of space on the model's portrait but having the cost and whether it's a unique model be more clear and visible is a nice touch :) 

• Like 1

I'm almost certain Glory will at some point be left out of the backside, as we get to understand that the side without art is the Glory side ;)

Other than that, I had some discussion before but would still love to see the cost on the frontside next to the name so I can browse cards quickly for army builds. 

Nontheless the design looks awesome.

Apart from the Stratagem design... That cost needs an Icon aswell (I feel).

I was hoping that it can attach assets above limit. So in that case, is fast regeneration worth considering over additional head? Or maybe some other assets are nice for Gornyshche? 

Another question is about Deranged Laughter Stratagem- it says that when you discard one or more Jokers yo gain 1 VP. Isn't RJ a card with value 14 and any suit so it would be drawn anyway?

Yeah. Snapping heads isn't that good by itself. You need multiples to make it really work. So, if you want to run other upgrades on the Goryshche, Fast Regeneration is pretty awesome. Sure, you can replace Splitting Tails, but that +3 Speed may wind up being more valuable than growing a new head.

Red Joker: I think it lets you choose a suit, but doesn't inherently have a suit itself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cedar said:

I was hoping that it can attach assets above limit. So in that case, is fast regeneration worth considering over additional head? Or maybe some other assets are nice for Gornyshche? 

Another question is about Deranged Laughter Stratagem- it says that when you discard one or more Jokers yo gain 1 VP. Isn't RJ a card with value 14 and any suit so it would be drawn anyway?

The Gorysche has multiple fantastic Assets asside from the multiple heads :D 

Deranged Laughter seeing a Red Joker can indeed gain you one VP and draw it. While it is any suit, you still have to choose one suit for it. 

7 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

Sure, you can replace Splitting Tails, but that +3 Speed may wind up being more valuable than growing a new head.

I have a feeling that being able to move after going through a Portal Marker is going to be even more important for getting some wild attack angles, but yeah being able to pull a 20" charge when you want it is pretty nice.

• Like 1