Painting Witchling Stalker Swords

Baggy42

Hi Folks,

Am fairly new to Malifaux and am loving the models.

I want to have a crew that looks half decent when I play (I am not the most gifted painter...) as I have a habit of buying stuff faster then I paint it.

I have got on fine with the clothing layers but was wondering if anybody has any tips for painting swords? I use citadel paints

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hey,

I love the painting buddha series for painting tutorials. I know the following one is about painting an axe, but I love the way this guy paints the metallics. For a sword, just apply the same concept; you just need to understand how the light is reflected on the sword. For that, the second tutorial below might be useful.

• Like 2

While I do love me some non metallic metal I think you would be better off using metallics with a wash and a few easy highlights. If you want to make the swords look worn you could probably do very light strokes with a thin brush in a few places.

To those of you who read the original post and suggested NMM, that's just evil :D (original post) "I want to have a crew that looks half decent when I play (I am not the most gifted painter...) as I have a habit of buying stuff faster then I paint it."

On 11/12/2016 at 6:17 AM, Ludvig said:

To those of you who read the original post and suggested NMM, that's just evil :D (original post) "I want to have a crew that looks half decent when I play (I am not the most gifted painter...) as I have a habit of buying stuff faster then I paint it."

Sorry. I read too fast. As suggested above, a fast method with a good return is the rusty metallic:

1. Prime in black

2. Base color in mournfang brown

3. Add some washes of rhinox hide. This does not need to be homogenous

4. Dry brush with blazing orange (or Troll slayer orange for a more recent GW colour)

5. Dry brush with leadbelcher

6. Dry brush with ironbreaker or runefang steel in the more exposed surfaces

Edit: added paint names

• Like 2