Jump to content
Akai

Cult of the Burning Man image Previews

Recommended Posts

Ooh, so they're government officials (I'm suddenly thinking of Mulder and Scully).  That's an interesting angle to take, I like it!  Also gives the possibility of KE/Cult crossover models with named models from the ECB too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Sure. Going off the top of my head here, so some minor details might be off. I don't have an amazing memory.

The British gov had locked up a madman who had been gathering a following in London. It turns out some of the things he said started to come true, etc with the Burning Man and so forth. He was transferred to the Extraordinary Cases Bureau for further study.

I'll let you figure it out from there.

Interesting, although now I wonder why they're cult models. Are they turncoats who're trying to use the Cult to further their own power, or are they double agents still working for the british government? or maybe some third option I'mnot seeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Sure. Going off the top of my head here, so some minor details might be off. I don't have an amazing memory.

The British gov had locked up a madman who had been gathering a following in London. It turns out some of the things he said started to come true, etc with the Burning Man and so forth. He was transferred to the Extraordinary Cases Bureau for further study.

I'll let you figure it out from there.

I'm actually slightly disappointed that they're not the militant wing of the English Cricket Board after all. :(

Anyone know where i can buy cheap 28mm scale cricket bats?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm absolutely loving the feel of all of the Cult's stuff.  It goes from John Carpenter's The Thing to Dark Wizards to crazy hillbillies and grannies with crazy aethertech flamethrowers.  It's beautiful!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

It is indeed named Cinnamon. Don't listen to @Aaron or @Mason try and tell you otherwise.

He escaped from the Zoo and he just wants the comfort of people. LET HIM SNUGGLE YOU!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

It is indeed named Cinnamon. Don't listen to @Aaron or @Mason try and tell you otherwise.

If we field two Rhinos (not unique right!?)...Cinnamon and Toast?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Clement said:

f54a978bc235ba9259515204c2fb4f96_origina

The Granny with the blowtorch is *amazing*  I wasn't digging on all the body horror, but this might turn it back around for me.

Check the stretch goals, that granny is ECB black ops.  Also, a titan commander, hell yeah!

Also I am kinda getting uncorfortable with how much it feels like Wyrd is pushing for more backing. As much as I wish them the best it kind of feels like a bit too much, look at how they have "locked" underneath the models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Check the stretch goals, that granny is ECB black ops.  Also, a titan commander, hell yeah!

Also I am kinda getting uncorfortable with how much it feels like Wyrd is pushing for more backing. As much as I wish them the best it kind of feels like a bit too much, look at how they have "locked" underneath the models.

Titan Commander?  Explain...

 

Unrelated:   There are 10 "The Broken" sculpts, so far everything on plug bases has been in fire teams of 3....   ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clement said:

Titan Commander?  Explain...

 

Unrelated:   There are 10 "The Broken" sculpts, so far everything on plug bases has been in fire teams of 3....   ????

Horomontangi is a LOT bigger than the other commander models, there is a size comparaision of him and Osso somewhere and it is ridiculous.

Also the broken's cards mentions something about "... of 5" which I think means that their squads will be made of five models instead of 3, or that the unit will be five independent squads of models of models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Horomontangi is a LOT bigger than the other commander models, there is a size comparaision of him and Osso somewhere and it is ridiculous.

Also the broken's cards mentions something about "... of 5" which I think means that their squads will be made of five models instead of 3, or that the unit will be five independent squads of models of models.

Ah.  I thought you meant the ECB Black Ops were titan commanders.   Yeah he's very much large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all look SO GOOD!  I was not expected Horomatangi to be a Titan Commander, that's for sure haha.  He looks good though, I'm just curious why he's willing to hang out with the Cult (and what he does for us of course).  Blowtorch Granny is a winner for sure, and with any hope we can get to Cinnamon to see what sorts of shenanigans it gets up to.  An awesome spoiler day all round :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Gorysche, the ECB black ops, gender equality (hey, I'm Canadian) and a titan commander I finally find myself going from, "cool faction but let's see what else is in the future" to:

LONG LIVE THE BURNING MAN!

Lets hope we can get ourselves some swordsmen in the future. I like swords.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so the models look super sweet, but am i the only ones thinking of painting these up as hippies with the portals being a tye-dye styled paint scheme? (cuz you know you see things on LSD and XTC)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My disappointment at the England Cricket Board fiasco had been all but forgiven with ECB Granny. Good damn that is am awesome model. :D

So far everything for the Burning Man had been amazing, except for Cinnamon. I mean sure he's a flaming Rhino. But in an allegiance filled with madmen, cultists, John Carpenter's Thing, the Noodle Worm, a pseudo-Godzilla, and secret agent Noona... flaming Rhinos just don't quite cut the mustard.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my, I just saw the full ECB Black Ops renders. They look utterly fantastic. Hell, I would probably add them on even if I don't pick up the rest of the cult (can they be used with Horomatangi? :D ). I'd want to use some as TTB characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've kind of been sitting on the fence up until now...think I just fell off ! The Burning Man renders are absolutely fantastic...seeing them all together on a board would be a sight to behold...every figure is stand out....except the rhino thingy...the ECB Black Ops are something I would buy just to paint up if I saw them in a store

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it on the Kickstarter comments but every Cult model is so full of character and unique that it makes me wish they were a Malifaux faction. I'd buy an ECB Black Ops crew box lead by the dapper Gentlemen in the top-center with his off-the-reservation not-Torchwood/BPRD/X-Files crew. The Mulder looking dude with the spirit camera in the bottom right is also one of my favorites. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy the idea behind the ECB a whole lot, just these totally normal people walking around with this crazy tentacle cult taking notes xD  I hope we get to see more of them than just the Black Ops side in future models and fluff!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×