Cult of the Burning Man image Previews

Akai

Edit: Wyrd has a much better organized viewing of all the renders at this link here:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/cult-of-the-burning-man

From the Allegiance video...the models fit very well with the weird aesthetic stuff from Malifaux.

The Warped ( 9 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

Cult_Warped.jpg

98b826ff777a6f5a549e477154054c0a_origina

Twisted Horrors (9 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

Cult_Twisted%20Horrors.jpg

53483e6837ff0e1d90a284be07339449_origina

Stalking Portals (3 unique sculpts, 6 in a box)

Cult_Stalking%20Portals.jpg

2ef8675abba48a411144c2989ff0ea8d_origina

Cult_ECB%20Black%20Ops.jpg

Gorysche (Titan)

Cult_Gorysche.jpg

Cult_Doomseekers.jpg

Fenton Brahms (Commander)

Cult_Fenton%20Brahms.jpg

Adeodatos (Commander)

Cult_Adeodatos.jpg

Cult_Breachling.jpg

Cult_Broken.jpg

Edited by Akai
Added Wyrd's Link to All Renders
  • Like 7

I think the Cult is beating Abyssinia for me now, between the small glimpse of the rules we saw and the amazingly detailed models these guys seem great!  I can't wait to hop all over the place with the portals mechanic :) Does anyone have an idea how the rule "The Burning Man Watches From Above" would work?  I'm assuming it's any time an Ace goes to the discard pile (flipped, cheated, discarded) then you get a Shaken Token?  That seems like you should reliably get a Glory a turn, right?  I assume Glory only lasts one turn then?

• Like 1

One thing I think should really be pointed out is that while all other shown units so far have 50% or higher unique sculpts for their units (5/9, 3/6), The Warped actually have 100% unique sculpts (9/9)!  Just proves the Cult is the best :D 

(not a great sized image of them, but here they all are!)

CultUnits_zpspvr8pmpe.png

• Like 5

I was torn between Abyssinia and the Cult all up until actually seeing the full unit sculpts.  So much variety in each unit won me over 1000% :D And I agree Cinnamon Bear, I really want to know more about the rest of the Cult models!  We've seen (at least in part) 6 cards for the 10 revealed models, and of the remaining the ECB Black Ops has me really curious as to what they do in the Cult.  They seem a little more organized(?) than the rest of the mad rabble.

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

I suddenly really wish there was a Burning Man faction in Malifaux too. I think the Gorysche alone is swinging me into the cult's direction despite my love of the ocean and sea monsters. I guess I could get both but then I'd feel like I was missing a "normal"-ish faction for demoing. 

I think Neverborn and Jacob Lynchs theme are really comparable in terms of Malifaux but in terms of overlap I think its perfect.