Abyssinia Image Previews

Akai

Edit: Wyrd has a much better organized viewing of all the renders at this link here:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/abyssinia/

From the Allegiance Video....of the 4 Allegiances it seems this one has mixed size units (Steel Legion and Mechanized Infantry). Really like Prince Unathi. 

Abyssinia_Steel%20Legion.jpg

Prince Unathi (Commander)

Abyssinia_Prince%20Unathi.jpg

Mehal Sefari (5 unique sculpts, 9 models in a box)

Abyssinia_Mehal%20Sefari.jpg

0362e0332c085cefa9205be9d0b33d6f_origina

The Lord of Steel (Commander)

Abyssinia_Lord%20of%20Steel.jpg

Abyssinia_Basotho%20Cavalry.jpg

Electrocutioners (5 sculpts, 9 in a box)

Abyssinia_Electrocutioners.jpg

8eeacd67cdfa0658b7e8cd47c572aed1_origina

Crow Runners (5 unique sculpts, 9 models in box)

Abyssinia_Crow%20Runners.jpg

a3e15b41f02bb3c52f123677cf0110e0_origina

Dreadnaught (Titan)

Abyssinia_Dreadnaught.jpg

Abyssinia_Mechanized%20Infantry.jpg

Okoye (Dual Faction Commmander)

tos_1.jpg

Edited by Akai
Added Wyrd's Link to All Renders
  • Like 9

Whoops, I was busy with other stuff and didn't notice you'd made one while I was going back and forth and typing. You even have pictures!

My thoughts:

Prince Unathi looks pretty wicked with his rocket launcher (?) although the cage on the loading end reminds me of a shuttlecock and I find that funny for reasons I can't fully articulate. It looks like the Dreadnaught has two Gatling guns and the gun protruding from the bottom of the Dreadnaught's body screams "electricity used for sordid purposes". The "boiler" feels a little exposed to me, but otherwise it looks cool. Lord of Steel looks awesome and will undoubtedly be powerbombing people all over the board. Crow Runners sound like scouts, between the name and the weapon loadout, plus what I can see of their rules.

The Mehal Sefari were apparently an elite Ethiopian army unit, so I'm guessing they'll be, well, the elite statline troop. Mechanized Infantry look like they'll hand out the pain, but my god, could the driver be any more exposed? At least give him a windshield! Fast skirmishers in the cav, wondering if they can throw those spears or if it's just a melee attack. Electrocutioners seem to continue the theme of high tech but they'll have to get close - it would be interesting if they had a rule like WMH Cygnar's Electroleap. Steel Legion: finally, some armor for the drivers of these mechanized vehicles!

Overall I like the armor style and the mechanized units, but man, the Dreadnought and Mechanized Infantry feel like they could use some more protective plating, or even mesh screens.

Rules seem like they'll continue the high-tech theme, with extra assets (upgrades?) and a card drawing trigger to keep one ahead.

I want all of Abyssinia... except the horse riders. They don't really look like they fit theme wise... I am both hoping its a get this whole faction for $XXX.XX and you can trade out boxes for same price boxes and add extra boxes as addons... I would trade out the horse riders. And add on more mecha...

5 days... too long to wait... More previews!!!!

On 12/14/2016 at 10:39 PM, Ammanas said:

Loving everything but the Calvary and Steel Legion. 

Painting horses again at this mm is daunting to me, so I may pass on the cavalry units.  

I'm fond of the Steel Legion; what is it that is not to your liking Ammanas?

Agree with the other member above, too -- I believe my factions for friends and demos will be Gibbering Hordes verses Abyssinia.

Finally, yes Horbagab -- I'm curious about the infantry / walker combo too.

It's the 40k Ork killer Kan look that puts me off.

For the cav its the complete absence of tech in a advance tech army that throes me.

As for the Mechanised Infantry with the 2 models per fire team I imagine it's purely a survivability thing as we now know it only takes 1 damage to take out a model

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

I feel kind of torn on Abyssinia, because I love about half of the sculpts and am not a fan of the other half (the Titan, Motorcycle, etc) but the Mehal Sefari, Mechanized Infantry, Engineer, Rail Gunner, etc all seem really cool. I'm curious if Abyssinian lists without Titans are effective.

The Mechanized Infantry and Steel Legion both come with those larger bipedal Titans... so if you don't like them, either, you'd be pretty limited.

It is very easy to have an effective list without a Dreadnought.

• Like 1

Just now, Cinnamon Bear said:

Ah, I meant the Dreadnought specifically. I like the Steel Legion and Mechanized Infantry titans but was under the impression they were smaller than actual titans. 

That impression would be largely mistaken.

I mean, they're not quite as tall as the King's Hand, but it's not too far off. They are... big.

I'll try to get a scale thing to ya'll soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Thats good to know, I'm still cycling through the other allegiances trying to decide if I'll get a second set for demoing and if so which one.

Seeing the King's Hand next to one of those next to an infantry model would be helpful, I'm not sure how my scale expectations were so off base.

If I could be of any demo-ing advice I'd replicate the art we see of the Gibbering Hordes fighting with the King's Empire. Usually a clear picture of chaos vs order, alien vs human sets a very clear picture of what's actually going on.

Abyssinia versus Burning Man should work out reasonably well in that regard aswell, largely because you've got the chaos vs order, mutant vs armour thing going on. Abyssinia vs King's Empire or Burning Man vs Gibbering Hordes would strike me as a 'monster game' if I was unaware of the lore and I do not think The Other Side is really a 'monster game' or 'soldier game'.