The faction I'm waiting for...

JDAntoine

2 minutes ago, SnakeoilSage said:

I want to know more about Canada. They're gold, which is the best color. 

Seems more brown-ish to me, Gremlin Canadians would be amazing ;)'Shot your machine, sorry!' 

Other than that it's obviously cool to see the Ten Thunders hint aswell, obviously they are not all linked to Malifaux factions but I do think a Guild and Ten Thunders appearance should be likely.
At the same time we see a clear hint in the video for the Guild with even a 'other' Guild logo appearing briefly in our Malifaux Master set up.

I do hope and think it would be amazing if every color on this map represents a faction. 

1 minute ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Personally, I'm sad we didn't get a 3 kingdoms army, or whatever 10T earthside looks like.

Orange China seems to be a hint that they are there, the other 3 Kingdoms nations do not appear on the map.

At the same time I think the suggestion of India also being linked to the UK is awesome, this more or less makes them the Arcanists of the Other Side, or so it seems to me...

• Like 1

Just now, JDAntoine said:

I do hope and think it would be amazing if every color on this map represents a faction. 

I doubt it, because  as we know - the Guild was the World Government and at the map we seeing only Russia in the red color. It's very lovely in my opinion, but I have solid doubts that the most powerful fraction (which controlling the 90% of soulstones extraction and traffic) presented only in one place) 

but I have hope to see the Russian bearded mans riding the bears))

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Before things get too crazy in speculation land... that map is not finalized, and the colors don't necessarily mean anything.

Which colour is Speculation Land :P ?

Nexus123, Stark, I agree, this topic is just made for good fun. I saw the Guild and I saw a need for a topic around their existance on the other side of the world. I mean we know it's there and we know it's a big influence and I hope to see a Guild come trough.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

Seems more brown-ish to me, Gremlin Canadians would be amazing ;)'Shot your machine, sorry!' 

Other than that it's obviously cool to see the Ten Thunders hint aswell, obviously they are not all linked to Malifaux factions but I do think a Guild and Ten Thunders appearance should be likely.
At the same time we see a clear hint in the video for the Guild with even a 'other' Guild logo appearing briefly in our Malifaux Master set up.

I say it's gold. I want to see steampunk mounties and Metis shamans, ice magic and polar bears. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nexus132 said:

Honestly, I could live without any crossover factions. I want earth to be new and different, not Malifaux international edition. As for 3 kingdom faction, I'm sure if the game does well it's something for the future. Right now I think the 4 initial allegiances are a great start.

While I agree, remember the 10T stuff is a gang, not the official representation of the Three Kingdoms. I'd be shocked if we didn't eventually get Three Kingdoms stuff.

5 hours ago, Nexus132 said:

Honestly, I could live without any crossover factions. I want earth to be new and different, not Malifaux international edition. As for 3 kingdom faction, I'm sure if the game does well it's something for the future. Right now I think the 4 initial allegiances are a great start.

Agreed, I honestly am wondering if the breach is going to close a second time, trapping our heroes characters by themselves in a harsh world.

5 hours ago, SnakeoilSage said:

I say it's gold. I want to see steampunk mounties and Metis shamans, ice magic and polar bears. 

Oh Canada

our home and native land!

True patriot love, in all they sons command

Car ton bras sait portee l'epee, (since your arm knows how to hold the sword)

il sait porte la croix (it knows how to hold a cross, oddly the english lyric are very different, the official bilingual version is a mix of both.)

Ton histoire est un epopee (your history is one of... I actually don't know that last word. OK looked it up on google and it means epic. That is cool. French is my second language)

Des plus brillantes exploits (of your brightest achievements)

God keep our land, glorious and free

Oh Canada we stand on guard for thee,

Oh Canada we stand on guard, for theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Oh Canada

our home and native land!

True patriot love, in all they sons command

Car ton bras sait portee l'epee, (since your arm knows how to hold the sword)

il sait porte la croix (it knows how to hold a cross, oddly the english lyric are very different, the official bilingual version is a mix of both.)

Ton histoire est un epopee (your history is one of... I actually don't know that last word. OK looked it up on google and it means epic. That is cool. French is my second language)

Des plus brillantes exploits (of your brightest achievements)

God keep our land, glorious and free

Oh Canada we stand on guard for thee,

Oh Canada we stand on guard, for theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I think the official translation is 

For your arm knows how to wield the sword
Your arm knows how to carry the cross;
Your history is an epic
of brilliant deeds

38 minutes ago, retnab said:

I would definitely not say no to some kickass Loyalist Canucks!  I almost want them to be one of the villainous factions - give them a moment to say we're done saying sorry :P 

Odds are though that Canada will simply be part of the King's Empire, and I am not to sure about them adding more factions so liberally, they seem to have one freak faction for each normal one, and in adding a Canadian faction (which would be a dream come true) they would have to add another freaky faction and they would probably try not to be racist by having the allegiance be some other country like south america. So they would have to make up something and you can see where I am going with this. I would honestly prefer hero Canadians, I like playing the hero and the lack of them is honestly my biggest gripe with Malifaux.

I mean all of these would probably be desired by some:

The forces of the undying tzar

Three kingdoms

Guild

Corrupted Spain

South America

Middle East

India (probably part of the empire, which doesn't help Canada's case, I feel like the empire may become a true empire, with forces taken from across the globe)

America

In terms of balance a single choice of faction is always the best, but lets be real that is less interesting. Three factions is probably the threshold for being easy to balance (look at starcraft. Liked the zerg aesthetic the most but I took to playing terran. Ah Hellbats), and you don't want to end up like warhammer 40k that has a ludicrous amount of factions that are incredibly varied in terms of power levels. Then again 40k's system doesn't seem to be built too well for balance, most bat reps I have seen are decided by who goes first.

If you do have Canada, I would like to see them be respectful to the indigenous cultures. Even if the government at the time period represented was guilty of what basically amounted to ethnocide and genocide. They are not homogenic, they are incredibly varied from place to place. Taking inspiration from a culture may be culture appropriation but no-one has any issue if you do it right. If you do it wrong however, well then you make yourself look bad. But hopefully Canada would get Amaroq, a giant wolf that prowls the north looking for stray children and hunters, and can tear the soul out of a man from a long distance.

• Like 2

Of the Malifaux factions, only the Guild makes sense for crossover.

While I don't want to see all these become factions at least right away for fear of Faction bloat), I think the following would be cool.

The Undying Czar or Necromancer Spain (Possible Malifaux Faction as the Grave Spirit might be able to reach through the portals to influence them)

Three Kingdoms and/or Oni (Possible Malifaux Faction if Oni [Oni seem to originate from Earth, but Malifaux makes them more real, plus I'm guessing Malifaux is a catch-all for non-human])

Middle East (Human Faction)

South American (Human Faction)

I expect we'll see at least once nation fall entirely to a Malifaux faction. Probably a new one with the barest connection to the Malifaux game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

Of the Malifaux factions, only the Guild makes sense for crossover.

While I don't want to see all these become factions at least right away for fear of Faction bloat), I think the following would be cool.

The Undying Czar or Necromancer Spain (Possible Malifaux Faction as the Grave Spirit might be able to reach through the portals to influence them)

Three Kingdoms and/or Oni (Possible Malifaux Faction if Oni [Oni seem to originate from Earth, but Malifaux makes them more real, plus I'm guessing Malifaux is a catch-all for non-human])

Middle East (Human Faction)

South American (Human Faction)

I expect we'll see at least once nation fall entirely to a Malifaux faction. Probably a new one with the barest connection to the Malifaux game.

I'd say Ten Thunders/3 Kingdoms makes a lot of sense aswell honestly. But other than that I largely agree. Granted we will and should see some influence from both Earthside in Malifaux (we do)  and Malifaux in Earthside (we also do). By large because no matter how you try to seperate them, they are most certainly linked and also seem to be roughly in the same time setting.

I do not that Faction bloat is every really a concern. In my honest opinion it also isn't in Malifaux or other well known miniature games. Choices and characters are always cool, the more the better, even if you do not particulary like a certain faction. For example, I kind of like the four factions we see now  but not enough to instantly leap into it. Knowing the Guild should have a larger role in this I am simply as said waiting for this faction. Fully knowing that things from Malifaux will not be simply replicated into the Other Side.

As you said, the paralel we do see is the Necromancy in Spain (which on the map also seem to be in South America and Scandinavia, if the colours are representing anything there...
I personally would think it would be incredibly awesome to see Spanish undead, Viking undead and Aztec-ish undead...

I'm also looking very forward to more African based factions and gameplay insight. Obviously patiently waiting for Guild all the meanwhile ;)

I think it will thake a while before we see Russians appear ;) or the Guild.

Germany seems to be under the influence of Burning Man Mutations so perhaps the only small part we will see from Germany again is... the Freikorps?

But next to the Guild I'm also very much looking forward to undead hordes offcourse and I'm wondering what's up with France.