Gibbering Hordes Image Previews

Akai

Hoping to see the Whelks or Speckled Crawlers crop up soon! Not a huge fan of the Titan, but I'm curious if more Titans are planned for each allegiance further down the line (since one of the art images seems to a show a different GH Titan and monsters fighting the cult).

Having a hard time deciding between Cult and Gibbering Hordes, and keep flip flopping...

Striped Skulkers, wow. So if you spend a Tactics token to respawn a squad of Striped Skulkers with Endless Numbers, because of Adaptive Camoflage they can deploy anywhere on the table except the opponents Deployment Zone.

I always like monstrous horde type armies. I still think Tyranids are the best realised range of space bugs on the market simply because of the thought put into their physiology which is shared across all units. But they never really played like a monstrous horde, despite their fluff. Just these cards show that Wyrd have designed the Gibbering Hordes around playing like Tyranids should, which has me immensely excited.

Also I really, really appreciate designing them around not needing to put oodles and oodles of models on the table, and around a respawning mechanic. Makes it lighter on the ol' wallet and less silly looking on the table while still getting that 'there's too many of them!' feeling.

• Like 4

As someone who loved the idea of the Tyranids and still has flashbacks of having to paint over 100 different 'gaunts, I hear ya Loki haha.  I think the Cult and the Hordes definitely have the most interesting aesthetics of the factions, and the Hordes' "you'll never kill them all" playstyle means you're guaranteed to be able to do something every turn which is cool.

Just a guess, but since they announced 'large champions' I'm guessing Godzilla here is either the Gibbering Hordes or Cult of the Burning Mans large champion. The blue lights matches the Striped Skulker in the picture, so that makes me think Hordes. But looking at the face, it's kinda.. weird. Looks a but Cultish.

RockofGibraltarBattle.jpg?format=2500w

Horomatangi is awesome, but I'm pretty lukewarm on the Morphling. Loving the Eel.

My only concern with Horomatangi is how much that add-on is going to cost! And how exactly Dual Commanders will wind up working in practice (can they be used in single commander games? how will it be used with cult since so much of their stuff is discard based synergy?) But he looks good and I want a Sea Dragon :D

The barbed crawler renders look a lot better than the art was leading me to think. Definitely a lot of character!