December 5th - TOS Allegiances

Lucidicide

After first pass of models Empire was gained :+fate and Cult has gained :-fate while gibbering stays a straight flip.  A little too much body horror in Cult perhaps for me, while Empire revealed some stunnign models and interesting rules.

Comments on a completely untrustworthy map:

• Canada is not same color as England/India, maybe its not part of the empire?
  • South America is all one color, is it United?
  • Germany, austria-hungary and italy seem to be combined
  • as do spain/portugal
  • posisble expanded ottoman empire
  • not sure what the white chunk eating up part of russia could be
  • glimpse we see doesn't cover australlia :(

also interesting to note that the factions have either Earth allegaince or Malifaux allegiance.  Perhaps special format to vs allegiances against eachother? perhaps sign that we will get more malifaux based factions on expansion

Hm,  Gibbering Hordes, King's Empire and Abyssina for me, so far.

Kinda waiting for 3 Kingdoms, and perhaps some other European power to show up?

Like the Gibbering Hordes from the waters of Malifaux, an area where we haven't spent much time in Malifaux or TTB.

I'm wondering what other Malifaux-like factions could show up.... dare I hope for Gremlins?! :P

• Like 1

I was wavering between Gibbering Hordes and the Cult, and I think the Hordes have won out. I want to play WW1 Atlantic Rim between the Hordes and King's Empire now.

Really hoping theres a starter box or something on offer with those two.

But secretly hoping for a Guild allegiance like the image shown in the video... :)

• Like 1

Obligatory history facts:

The current year in Malifaux is 1906.

The Boxer Rebellion in the real world happened in 1899 to 1901.  See Shifting Loyalties for parts of the accounts of the rebellion backed by Boxer (no relation).

The five independent colonies on the Australian continent voted to become the Australian federation in 1901.  

Such an important vote, happening so close to the current time line.  Wouldn't it be a terrible shame if something bad happened to it, like an invasion of sea monsters?  ;)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, solkan said:

Such an important vote, happening so close to the current time line.  Wouldn't it be a terrible shame if something bad happened to it, like an invasion of sea monsters?  ;)

Actually, the reason for the Gibbering Horde popping up in Africa and Europe is that they took one look at Australia's native flora and fauna, turned tail and ran. It's less an invasion and more fleeing for their lives in whatever direction takes them farther away. Sadly, their panicked vocalizations just happened to translate to the current lingua franca as "We will strip the flesh off your bones and swallow the land whole in our watery embrace, for the glory of Meredion!"

Sometimes life is funny that way.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Comments on a completely untrustworthy map:

• Canada is not same color as England/India, maybe its not part of the empire?
  • South America is all one color, is it United?
  • Germany, austria-hungary and italy seem to be combined
  • as do spain/portugal
  • posisble expanded ottoman empire
  • not sure what the white chunk eating up part of russia could be
  • glimpse we see doesn't cover australlia :(

also interesting to note that the factions have either Earth allegaince or Malifaux allegiance.  Perhaps special format to vs allegiances against eachother? perhaps sign that we will get more malifaux based factions on expansion

More comments!

• Canada is certainly a different color, my bet is Moose-man and Man-Bear-Pigs.
  • North America is a different color, no bets.
  • South America is the same color as Norway and Sweden so Aztec, Spanish and Viking zombies?
  • The Cult of the Burning Man seems to occupy something that's akin to Prussia not totally but not totally off either due to the 1906 setting.
  • The King's Empire seems to stretch from the United Kingdom to India to South Africa (seen on the world map flip).
  • Australia is fake.

I don't think we will see more Malifaux based factions but I do think we will see the ripples of Malifaux in Earthside, just like we see Earthside ripples in Malifaux. I believe that the Guild (of Mimififi) will also eventually be represented in The Other Side. Likewise I expect the Three Kingdoms to appear and have a Ten Thunders flavour, with Demons, Sheep and Sheamons. 

• Like 1