Rougarou combos

Treehouse

I'm thinking about getting some Rougarous but don't have the Titania (yet). So I've ben thinking about the other masters I've got.

Dreamer:

Well, Daydreams are aura 4" -1 WP, the Rougarous Challenge of the Alpha is pulse 4" resist WP, so that could be a thing. Maybe in Turfwar also, especially if you have a Widow Weaver. Though then you would want to place the Rougarou outside the Turf War area if possible to lure models outside.

It might also be worthwhile to summon in Lelu next to the Rougarou, then activating the wolf via Otherworldly, trying to lure people in for double pounce by wolf and Lelu. (I think I'll try that. Possibly move some Daydreams close first.)

Pandora:

The wolf's Challenge in combination with Misery aura of Pandora and possibly Sorrows could be really mean. You could run Iggy in there first and Throw A Fit, for -2 WIP. Then have the Rougarou close to Pandora and hopefully get many models close (especially if Dora has Fears).

Any combis you have used/theoryfauxed of?

Right....so Hungering Darkness comes to mind. Or Lures as well. Or just lure more enemies close before doing Alpha's Challenge for creating more WIP duels. Though I'm not sure if the AP efficiency is there.

Come to think of it, with Lilith or Waldgeists you could entangle a target to give it Rooted, then do the challenge, this way a model gets 3 damage more.

I didn't see that. That's a very cool idea. With Dreamer, you could summon the Bandersnatch and with Otherworldy chain-activate it and let it Crawl. Keeps it safe too. 

And since the Rougarou is a minion, you have plenty of healing in Dreamer's crew. Also the Daydreams for -1WP.

Barbaros has a number of pushes, and with Cyclone Crash he can potentially push multiple enemies into the Rougarou's large base.

If you want mercenaries, Burt Jebsen has Crackerjack Timing to pull in multiple enemies (though the Rougarou will have to charge one first so Burt has a target).  Also Lust can push models towards each other, and Bishop, who can push enemies 3" in any direction on melee attacks.

Stolen off a mate, but if you have one near the Tooth, Her sword has a built in push up to 4 inches, so you can use her (0) to pull someone over, Rougarou gets a pounce, enemy hits Tooth, Tooth hits back, pushes the enemy a fraction of an inch, Rougarou gets pounce, Tooth still has 2 attacks, possibly 3 from fast or more from obeys or similar effects.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
35 minutes ago, catbat07 said:

Baby Kade! Lure! Pounce! Min 3/5 damage! just stick him next to a doppleganger and rougarou before watching your opponent cry.

The Tooth does it better because of the free attack off the Lure, the push built in to her Greatsword attack, and the Lure being a 0 action.

Lure, Pounce, opponent free hit, Tooth free hit, push, Pounce. Then there's still Tooths 2 ap. if the enemy survived, she can hit, Push and Pounce two more times. If it died, she can go do other things.

I'm a big fan of Baby Kade but it's hard to beat Tooths synergy with a Rougarou for the same cost. Baby Kade gets bigger hits off, but Tooth lets you get more pushes in for more Pounces overall plus a free attack. While she eats a free attack in return, 7W, Armour +1 and Hard to Wound +1, plus the enemies free attack having an additional negative to the damage flip means she's not often doing to be killed by the free attack unless you Lure something like Viktoria of Blood or Misaki and they red joker the damage.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:47 AM, -Loki- said:

The Tooth does it better because of the free attack off the Lure, the push built in to her Greatsword attack, and the Lure being a 0 action.

Lure, Pounce, opponent free hit, Tooth free hit, push, Pounce. Then there's still Tooths 2 ap. if the enemy survived, she can hit, Push and Pounce two more times. If it died, she can go do other things.

I'm a big fan of Baby Kade but it's hard to beat Tooths synergy with a Rougarou for the same cost. Baby Kade gets bigger hits off, but Tooth lets you get more pushes in for more Pounces overall plus a free attack. While she eats a free attack in return, 7W, Armour +1 and Hard to Wound +1, plus the enemies free attack having an additional negative to the damage flip means she's not often doing to be killed by the free attack unless you Lure something like Viktoria of Blood or Misaki and they red joker the damage.

Tooth also gets exponentially better the more pounces you can add.  If you have Lelu and Lilitu in range, and Lelu has given Lilitu pounce, a single push by Tooth can provoke 3 attacks.  Granted, you're at 29 points for this ball of murder.  

Alternatively, just give Lilith her Greatsword and get her up in there too.  Pounce lists can be amazingly effective at singling out an enemy, bringing it in, and murdering it for minimal AP.  Really nice for scheme/strats when you're contesting an area, and know models will be within 12".  

List of thoughts so far excluding masters:
knights 0 pt actions
Tooths built in push
Kade, Beckoner, Lilutu 's Lure
Tuco's 0 pt action
Teddy's built in push
Nephilims push (Barbaros, Mature, young)
Banraku (snatch)
Wardens push trigger (Lucius)
Mr Graves (show you the door)
Mr Queeg (trigger plus setting off models 0)
Changelings mimicing some of the above

Doppelganger mimicing some of the above
wicked dolls (shooting attack)
Bandersnatch
warpigs (Zoraida) (attack trigger pushes)

cherub (trigger built in)

Lenny (zoraida - ht1 only)

Some hired humans from other factions.

There may be more but those are off the top of my head (no book with me) so some of them may not be valid due to wording.
Waiting on Rougarou myself so will soon be able to test some of these.

Updated after checking books for more options.

• Like 1

Though it costs a lot of crows Nurse Heartsbane is also interesting with the Rougarou. Her Convulsions trigger on her Electroshock attack will either provoke two pounces or provoke a pounce and rip a card from their hand. And she can possibly take this action 3 times in an activation (if she hits her 0's trigger), completely outside of any obeys or whatnot. Seems especially good with a controlly master like Zoraida where you will tend to have hand advantage.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, catbat07 said:

Am I missing something- I thought Lilitu was Ca7?

Pretty sure 8 is higher than 7?

To clarify, I was talking about Liliths Transfixing Gaze, which is Ca 8, though it does require a mask. And again, it's a master action.

21 hours ago, exliontamer said:

Though it costs a lot of crows Nurse Heartsbane is also interesting with the Rougarou. Her Convulsions trigger on her Electroshock attack will either provoke two pounces or provoke a pounce and rip a card from their hand. And she can possibly take this action 3 times in an activation (if she hits her 0's trigger), completely outside of any obeys or whatnot. Seems especially good with a controlly master like Zoraida where you will tend to have hand advantage.

That trigger is depending on you hitting the right suit isn't it? That could really kill its usefulness.