Welcome to The Other Side!

Lucidicide

Whoo! I really like that it has a much different visual identity from Malifaux and the originality of all of its factions.

While I'm not that keen on the current visuals of Cult of The Burning Man, I'm very much interested to see where it's story is going and seeing its future stuff. All of the factions hold my interest in some way, be it art, fluff or its historical feel.

I'll probably support this on the kickstarter if the book will be avaliable as a pledge and I might even play it if there is going to be a META for it in my city. I was unsure if I was ever going to play it, but Abysinnians piqued my interest, so I might get it when the official game is out one day.

1 hour ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Where can I find this? This really peaks my interest if it is just more than a one sentence blurb.

I believe that it gets mentioned in the Exorcist description of Under Quarantine for TTB.

Honestly, a fair amount of information about Earth and The Other Side has been slowly seeping into Through the Breach for awhile now. For instance, "A Fire in the Sky" is our first Penny Dreadful to take entirely place on Earth...

• Like 7

@Aaron

Are there any retailer pledges planned for the kickstarter?

Would be good to get the game at our local flgs going, because otherwise everyone interested is just going to pledge and then there`ll be no real incentive to get it going at a shop :/

Couldn`t even promote it otherwise....

1 hour ago, Mason said:

I believe that it gets mentioned in the Exorcist description of Under Quarantine for TTB.

Honestly, a fair amount of information about Earth and The Other Side has been slowly seeping into Through the Breach for awhile now. For instance, "A Fire in the Sky" is our first Penny Dreadful to take entirely place on Earth...

MASON TAKE MY MONEY!!

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

There will be a Retailer Pledge on The Other Side. Wyrd, as always, is committed to our retailers and values everything they bring to their local communities. We understand their challenges and are doing what we can to support them even through the Kickstarter.

Thank you, love to hear that :)

And because a friend of mine was asking -  do you also have EU-friendly shipping in mind?

1 hour ago, Tris said:

Thank you, love to hear that :)

And because a friend of mine was asking -  do you also have EU-friendly shipping in mind?

We are aware of EU shipping concerns, but I can't make any promises at this point. Promises are for the Kickstarter :-P

11 minutes ago, Manic Mouse said:

So how much do we know about the actual game, and how it plays?  Are there masters?  What are the objectives like?  How many models in a typical army?

I'd say I know quite a bit, but I haven't quite figured out whether to use cards or dice... :-P I'm joking, of course. The game uses a standard deck of playing cards with our own suits. I can't tell you much about gameplay now, but I bet you can intuit some by looking at cards that have been revealed.

The Kickstarter will answer many of your questions :)

• Like 2

Just now, Aaron said:

We are aware of EU shipping concerns, but I can't make any promises at this point. Promises are for the Kickstarter :-P

I'd say I know quite a bit, but I haven't quite figured out whether to use cards or dice... :-P I'm joking, of course. The game uses a standard deck of playing cards with our own suits. I can't tell you much about gameplay now, but I bet you can intuit some by looking at cards that have been revealed.

The Kickstarter will answer many of your questions :)

Thanks Aaron.  I'm interested for sure, but I think I have more questions than anything at the moment.  The factions revealed so far all look great, and importantly all very different than the current Malifaux factions.

7 hours ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Really? I thought they more got involved/had influence in every government Earth side because of their control of the SS and magic, I don't remember them actually taking over anything in total. I know they hold the Malifaux world with an iron fist, but if they did it Earthside it must have happened later in fluff than I've gotten to.

Edit: from https://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux-history

"The Guild took control of access to Soulstones, doling them out for use in exchange for positions of power within each government. Minister of Magic, Secretary of Aetheric Practice, and so forth, these titles gave legitimacy to their claims. The Guild demanded they be put in charge of the area surrounding the Breach to further study the phenomenon and how they may be able to open it again."

It likely varies based on the country's acceptance of the Guild in the beginning and the level of power they had. I believe the Three Kingdoms has been basically taken over by the Guild. Abyssinia probably was in a good position and the Guild was treated more like the first among equals.

It should be noted that Ironsides blames the Guild for not banning American slavery. So, they have a huge influence beyond just SS and magic. It's pretty much their only concern of course. 

5 hours ago, Mason said:

It was a cruel tease to put it on the Upcoming List and not have it for Black Friday. Parker sad.

Honestly, Through The Breach is an incredible wealth of information. I was buying it just for the fluff before I started a campaign. Actually, Under Quarantine was the first place Parker Barrows was mentioned. and actually has a quite a bit on his background.

3 hours ago, Nexus132 said:

maaaaan, December is not a good month to do kickstartes, they should of held off till February. Oh well, I hope it does well, I'll be supporting.

Eh. Remember, it starts in December. It should end in Jan or Feb. So, if you get any money for Christmas, there's a perfect place for it.

Of course, I don't have kids, so Christmas doesn't hurt me too much.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 7thSquirrel said:

16 hours ago, Nexus132 said:

as it mentions in the fluff that Spain has an undead problem

Where can I find this? This really peaks my interest if it is just more than a one sentence blurb.

Yes, we definitely have an undead problem here. For instance, this Saturday we have the Barcelona vs Real Madrid match and you will be able to see hordes of zombies watching open mouthed the match, drooling expected too! :D

Back to topic, sooo excited with the Kickstarter!! Seems my Christmas gift have been decided! I'll let my LGS know so they are aware, maybe we can get several factions (four will do, yep) so I can demo it!

• Like 2

"Magic, steampunk, monsters, and soldiers collide to make the battlefields of The Other Side action-packed. In order to get you into the action sooner, every model in The Other Side will come preassembled and ready for play!"

So will the miniatures for this game be PVC like Aionus and the Tortoise and Hare box?

remember the people in malifaux are more throughly oppressed and protected by the guild then those earth side. A world wide multiple contient all in compassing empire isn't practical. However a highly advanced and militarized above the law organization controlling the bulk of the world's access to magics and power sources. much more cost effective power. but with illicit sources having been coming out of the breaches around the globe now breaking the monopoly that economic power base is destroyed. it's like if all of the oil being produced only came from Texas and then over night oil fields in Russia and the middle east pop up with 10x the output. well Texas influence would be greatly lessened

• Like 1

This looks so exciting.  I mean there basically is a Wakandan / Black Panter faction.  Uh yes please.

My only concern is the timing, mid December right after Black Friday in the middle of Christmas shopping is literally the worst time ever for a KS.  I'm hoping its not gonna impact the funding too much for Wyrd.  I want this to do well.  

• Like 3