Wokou Raiders + Mighty Gust timing

Norken

Question

If a Wokou raider is subject to a Mighty Gust that also affects 3x enemy scheme markers, how does the timing work? 

Is each marker placed in sequence, triggering a 3 inch move after each placement?  With the markers being placed with respect to where Mighty Gust pushed it to, not where the Wokou raider is now from the Ever Changing Winds pushes.

Or are all 3 markers placed simultaneously, triggering 3x 3 inch moves that all happen after the placement of all the markers.

3 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure that there's a big limitation being overlooked: When the Wokou Raider starts pushing, the markers placed by Mighy Gust get placed within :pulse3 of the position Mighty Gust placed the model, not wherever it might be after placement started.

Push the target up to 5" in any direction and place any Markers removed in this way within :pulse3 of the target's new location.

Note that it doesn't say "within :pulse3 of the target".  So the rocket loses its boosters, leaving them behind. ;) 

You get about 14" of displacement from the action, but the requirement is that the model was standing in :pulse3 of three -enemy- scheme markers.  

So the combination requirements:

Misaki, so that you can have Sensei Yu and the Wokou Raider in the crew

Sensei Yu, 9 SS, and a 2SS upgrade

Wokou Raider, 8SS

Sensei Yu has to be within 6" of the model and needs a 6 or better, one try per turn.

Or am I missing something that this isn't a very specific master based combo?

• Like 1

I would say you place a marker and push, place a marker and push, place a marker and push.

I'm leaning this way because I can't think of anything that is done simultaneously in Malifaux.  Blast damage hits multiple models at once and is resolved sequentially, a pulse that hits multiple models at once is resolved sequentially, a bunch of models taking damage from poison during upkeep are resolved sequentially, etc.  I don't have a strong case for this and could be swayed to the other side without too much difficulty.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2016 at 7:08 PM, MrDeathTrout said:

I would say you place a marker and push, place a marker and push, place a marker and push.

This would make most sense.

But there's one thing that makes me leery of it... the said Wokou Raider could then activate after the fact, and after gaining fast from mighty gust, move either another 15" deep into enemy territory or 13" via move and charge. 

That's a minimum of a 27" threat hitting with :+fate 3 times. There's not much that can pull off something like that! 

Or have I gone mad? Is this the case?

I hope that's the case because that's just nasty, but it seems a little broken to me. Especially with 3 Raiders and fast on Yu from somewhere, which is expensive, so probably better with just 2 Raiders... Not sure many players would be willing to play you again after that!