The Guild Compendium

JDAntoine

9 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Thanks for taking the time to put this all together....as a new learner/player armed with a starter set and some randomly selected models it makes for a great overall reference....if someone in the know could do similar for the Neverborn it would be excellent 

I'll see what I can do in the future, I expect this one to be finished up tomorrow (sorry not tonight), might aswell apply the template for all factions.

What is a bit helpful to me as a newer player is this way I can directly find what I need on the forums, as said cards will be applied and if there are more (alternate sculpts) I will also include them.
Currently I've decided to exclude the colour variant sprues because I can't easily trace them back and they are the same colour otherwise. 

From my perspective players also generally want to hunt down exclusives slightly more as 'just colour variants' as awesome as the colour variants are :D

32 minutes ago, Absolution Black said:

You forgot the alternative witchling handler. But well done so far, lots of good stuff for new players to get an overview.

Thank you! As said, I'm still quite new. I'll search it up and add it to our arsenal!

If players do want to know about the colour variant options in the past I'd have to do some additional research but could add it for the die-hard collectors.

Thanks for the feedback, small mistakes have been removed/updated.

As soon as I'll find the time the General Upgrade cards will be linked to Wargamevault, I wonder if I should also include the Specific Upgrade cards and add some additional information about them? 
It might be interesting to do? Additionally I wonder if Guild players would like to have an additional overview of all the Mercenary models we technically have available to out faction.

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Justice - Melee Master, high damage and self sufficient, Guild Marshal
Perdita Ortega - Ranged Master, hard to hit and Family synergy, Family
Sonnia Criid - Casting Master, Blasts and Burning synergy, Witch Hunter
Douglas McMourning - Guild/Ressurrectionist, Melee Master, Poison synergy
Charles Hoffman - Casting Master, fantastic Construct support, MS&U
Lucius Matheson - Guild/Neverborn, Casting Master, Minion support, Mimic

Lucas McCabe - Guild/Ten Thunders, Combined arms Master, fantastic Minion support, Black Sheep
Nellie Cochrane - Casting Master, fantastic Minion support, Journalist

I wouldn't call Lucius a "Casting Master". He has no Ca attack actions, tactical actions yes, but those aren't really a quality that makes a Casting Master. His own actions are based on placement and scheme running with Primary Emphasis on Minion support. His only attack action is a sword that gives :-fates to hit mimics and minions.

Nellie gets away with being a Casting Master because she does have Ca Attack actions that do damage.

1 hour ago, Hagisman said:

I wouldn't call Lucius a "Casting Master". He has no Ca attack actions, tactical actions yes, but those aren't really a quality that makes a Casting Master. His own actions are based on placement and scheme running with Primary Emphasis on Minion support. His only attack action is a sword that gives :-fates to hit mimics and minions.

Nellie gets away with being a Casting Master because she does have Ca Attack actions that do damage.

I believe that Ca actions per definition make a Master a Casting Master. His actions most certainly are focused on Minion support. Which in my opinion is exactly as is stated on the tin:

Casting Master, Minion support, Mimic  How else would you describe him in as few words as possible?

Compendium is complete as far as it's possible to purchase individual models and cards. Some things to note:

- Currently Wargame Vault does not sell loose Wave 3 and Wave 4 cards
- Currently Wargame Vault does not sell loose Wild Ones (Nightmare Edition) cards
- Currently the Vintage models come with their own cards who are exclusive to those models.

As it's very difficult to obtain quality pictures of the cards of exclusive models like the Wild Ones or Vintage models I decided to not add them.

Pretty much everything else is exactly as it says on the tin. For those who have some questions on certain definitions:

• Casting Masters are not solely using Ca for damage. (example Lucius)
  • Ranged Masters are not solely using Sh attacks for ranged attacks. (example Perdita)
  • Melee Masters are not solely using Ml attacks, most often they have more tricks in the bag. (example Lady Justice)
  • Combined Arms Masters are a wonderful mix of everything and don't have a specific Ca, Sh or Ml attack that highlights them. (example McCabe, two forms)

Cheers,

For what its worth I wouldn't call Sonnia a Casting master, I'd call her a ranged master, and Perdita is a combined arms master (her close combat attack is better than her ranged attack).  (I'd argue that Sonnia has probably the best close ranged attack in the guild, but she doesn't have the defences to want to use it normally). 

But I don't see what purpose a "casting master" as a title is. Knowing what stats a model used doesn't really tell you what the master does. 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

But I don't see what purpose a "casting master" as a title is. Knowing what stats a model used doesn't really tell you what the master does. 

I'm a firm believer that playing it and checking PullMyFinger will really tell you what the master does... or reading the card ;) !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really helpful thanks for taking the time to make it. :)

Noticed a few typos here a list of errata  :

Preformer -> Performer
Frekorpsmenn -> Freikorpsmann
Dr. Durfesse  -> Dr. Dufresne 
Transparancy -> Transparency
Suprisingly Loyal -> Surprisingly Loyal
Elixer of Life -> Elixir of Life

I believe Master Queeg should also be Guardsman.

For McMourning, maybe also add Anti-Armor and scheme manipulation?

• Like 1