Mounted Guard Sizing Issues and Solution

Mason

On 11/14/2016 at 4:21 PM, -Loki- said:

You know, I'm struggling to think of another wargaming company that's flat out said 'we done goofed, we're redoing the mold, tell us you bought them and we'll replace them free of charge'.

That's pretty bloody good to your customers.

I'm also struggling to think of another wargaming company that's attempted to keep a consistent scale and screwed up on the level of the Guards.  It's good that they're willing to fix it, no question!  Much better than "Let's just not mention it".

2 hours ago, Valgaav said:

I'm also struggling to think of another wargaming company that's attempted to keep a consistent scale and screwed up on the level of the Guards.  It's good that they're willing to fix it, no question!  Much better than "Let's just not mention it".

I can, because it's my other main game. Infinity. Corvus Belli have gone through several scale transitions. First edition was exaggerated 28mm. The first half or so of second edition was non-exaggerated 28mm with exaggerated guns. The second half of second edition was non-exaggerated 28mm with non-exaggerated guns. Third edition saw a shift to 30mm. Even amongst this, there's been scale mistakes. One of the army starter packs smaller than anything else from the late second edition period it was done in, and third edition which came quickly afterwards was much bigger (to the point where those models could pass for children). Some units have changed scale, multiple times through successive releases, so you can't make a full team of that unit without scale differences unless you do a lot of converting. And two of those changes were after the scale shift with third edition. One of their TAG models is so out of scale the visible pilot arms look like children's arms.

Corvus Belli are really bad with scale. They don't offer to fix anything, and don't even acknowledge that it's an issue.

• 5 weeks later...

Just found about this as i had intended to buy the mounted guards at BF. Really happy of the decision. Great move on Wyrd's part, it helps building confidence with the company we put a decent sum of money in.

There are still a few other strangely scaled models in the line...not many, but a few, namely  Reva and Nekima off my mind. I humbly hope that we, someday, see a decision like this for those models, even if they were not mistakes per se (although in those case there should be no replacement, just removing the old one and selling the new would be fine by me).

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 4:28 AM, grrrfranky said:

I've only just noticed this, having bought them in the gencon sale (they've have been sitting in the primed pile for quite a while now). Is it still possible to get mine replaced?

Go ahead and use the Contact button as outlined above. I think we should still be able to get you hooked up. :)

• Like 1