Black Friday Newsletter

Lucidicide

You probably won't know what other special stuff is in the sale until the week before (Monday Preview?)  or until the store is open. Patience.

I'd like to personally thank the sculptor for the Witching Thralls who decided the second one, with the blue goop coming out of his eyes, deserved actual pants instead of a diaper like the art shows. Two thumbs way WAY up!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChrisB76 said:

For Europeans it is quiet expensive to order this stuff :( I hope there will be an european warehouse in the future...

It would be very nice, saves a lot of money but to be honest, I doubt it'll happen. It is sadly enough one of those things one has to deal with as a European. I imagine it would involve quite a bit of work/cost setting up an EU warehouse, and I'm not sure whether that would be cost effective for Wyrd.

• Like 1

A warehouse  in  Canada  too would be  nice. Adding an extra $20+ for shipping just to drive across  the  border is ridiculous.  Though  it is more likely  to  happen than Europe  now that Trump  is in power.  Any wyrdos  looking to flee the states, Welcome to Canada!:D

• Like 1

Well, the shipping costs aren't a problem, well, I don't find them to be a problem anyways. I can understand it costing money to ship something. The customs and vat charges how ever hurt quite a bit. Those get pretty high pretty quickly. Think that for example for the Netherlands it's a little under 30% on top of total cost including the shipping costs.

2 hours ago, Gertjan said:

Well, the shipping costs aren't a problem, well, I don't find them to be a problem anyways. I can understand it costing money to ship something. The customs and vat charges how ever hurt quite a bit. Those get pretty high pretty quickly. Think that for example for the Netherlands it's a little under 30% on top of total cost including the shipping costs.

Ouch! Canada isn't as bad. Just have to pay the taxes on the goods, though our post office also charges a "handling fee" for parcels going across the border. I think it was a flat $17 last time I checked. Needless to say it's cheaper for me to drive  several hours, cross the border, pick it up in the states and drive it back.  :P

4 hours ago, Gertjan said:

It would be very nice, saves a lot of money but to be honest, I doubt it'll happen. It is sadly enough one of those things one has to deal with as a European. I imagine it would involve quite a bit of work/cost setting up an EU warehouse, and I'm not sure whether that would be cost effective for Wyrd.

No to mention there is a large crowd of people here who would be buying a lot of stuff during Gencon/Black Friday or similar sales once there is a warehouse in Europe.

• Like 3

There is not going to be a warehouse in europe for multiple reasons - costs, resources, manpower, foreign tax laws, licensing .. etc. We'll give it a think should our numbers ever skyrocket to GW levels .. but seriously ...

If wishes and wants were that easy, I would happily do so, but hell, just doing business in the state of California here in the states is enough to make one realize you don't even want to touch foot outside the US and have to deal with laws and costs that affect EVERY aspect and level of your company, common sense be damned.

• Like 3

Yey!! Going to be expensive this year!  I want all the Oni!

Would it be possible to get bigger pictures of the boxes put up?  When I click on them I get little thumbnail sized images of the boxes and contents. 

Also, I'd love to know if the swirling spirits on the Goryo are optional!

Thanks in advance!

Hope there's a translucent Pandora set put up too!  Would love one of those!

21 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

There is not going to be a warehouse in europe for multiple reasons - costs, resources, manpower, foreign tax laws, licensing .. etc. We'll give it a think should our numbers ever skyrocket to GW levels .. but seriously ...

If wishes and wants were that easy, I would happily do so, but hell, just doing business in the state of California here in the states is enough to make one realize you don't even want to touch foot outside the US and have to deal with laws and costs that affect EVERY aspect and level of your company, common sense be damned.

I agree that an European warehouse would be madness.

However, letting an European distributor get access to your sales/specials through the regular ordering channel outght to be a shrewd move. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, (Keenan) said:

For curiosity's sake since I just moved to California, what's harder about doing business here than any other state?

Been a while but from what I remember they have a lot of laws that differ from the rest of the US.  I remember often when they were talking about handling taxes/HR/Accounting California was practically its own handbook in itself.

As for the holiday selection this time, might have to hit 150 as I was never a fan of Rathkin metal or plastic very much.  That and I just liked the look of the Chemist from Quarentine Zone.

Can't wait to get Dead Outlaws for Jack and Will-o-the-Wisps. The So'mer poster is growing on me, and I like the idea of the black joker LE mini. Big enough to be on a 50mm base means it will make a cool, thematic objective marker.

Kind of hoping that alt Barbaros, Dr Dufresne and/or nightmare Coryphee they'll be in the basket as well.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 11:02 AM, Eichohrkatz said:

@Nathan Caroland

Is there a chance that the LE models will be offered in the Guilder shop? So that it's easier for non-US citizens to "purchase" them....

Eventually.

You'll notice that last year's Black Friday specials have become available in the Henchmen store - these as well will do so in time. 

• Like 1

I like that we are able to get access to some new LE models.    But I have to say this again.    These sales (3 times a year) hurt the LGC.   This is less money Malifaux addicted players will spend at the LGC.  With access to all the pre-release models, there is nothing left to buy at the LGC when the $60 promotion comes around.   

• Like 1