Neverbourne 2: 50ss 3 round event 18th Feb 2017

Clankers86

Good Evening all, As the title suggests I wish to announce Neverborne 2!!

When?

Saturday 18th February 2017

Where?

Bournemouth International Centre
Exeter Road
Bournemouth
BH2 5BH

What?

A Three round, 32 person, 50ss Malifaux Event, using the Gaining Grounds 2017 tournament pack.

(Neverbourne 2 pack available below)

How?

Tickets are available and order them from the Entoyment website: http://entoyment.co.uk/miniatures-and-wargames/event-tickets/beachhead-events/neverbourne-malifaux-tournament-beachhead-2017.html

Please note that due to the tables space needed to be clarified so the cut off point to buy tickets will be the week before the event (11th February 2016).

who?

1 Richard Walters
2 Mike Asquith
3 Keith Robinson
4 Conor McNamara
5 Dominic Westerland
6 Kendall Hart
7 Jonathan Stokes
8 Gareth Jones
9 Ben Sime
10 David Sell
11 James Henley
12 Adam Worsdale

Neverborne 2 pack v2.docx

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Joel said:

What's the ease of hotel finding/getting to venue?  08:30 start would be coming down the night before...  any recommendations?

There are tons of hotels about 10 mins walk away just up a hill, and a few more in the town centre which are probably closer. If you're looking for something reasonably priced there are two premier inns both pretty near, Bournemouth Central or Bournemouth Westcliff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on record for saying I prefer 4 rounds, I like to get more games in where I can I also like a clearer winner however, this event is one of the times I think 3 is the way to go.

Here's why:

1. I have already heard a few people unhappy about how early preregistering is and also I'm sure it made it more difficult (if not impossible) for some people to make the event for quite that early.
    This isn't really an issue for me as it's the nearest tournament to my house I'll be going to all year.
  2. Round times at 1hr 50minutes. This has multiple problems within itself. First is GG17 suggest 2 hours as someone has already said, now while that is only a suggestion I will say that with new schemes (especially these ones I've found) games can take just that little bit longer and not being rushed between rounds would be nice.
  3. It's at a cool Wargame Show.
    I appreciate Jan has done the smart thing with an hour lunch so we can see the show, but with getting food (so queuing or having to venture off unless you came with packed lunch) it's not all the time in the world.
    I'm not suggesting rounds should be longer but if we start later (maybe finish later too) and have larger gaps between games it may give all the participants and heck, Jan himself, more of chance to enjoy the event.
  4. Number of players.
    Hopefully this reason becomes invalid but if we have say, only a dozen players 3 rounds will produce 2 3-0s at most which isn't too bad.
    I like a clear winner but with a lot of events getting even larger it's very rare true swiss works out anyway.

TLDR: I think 3 rounds is enough with the number of players this event hit last year and the time from the fourth round could be used to make the rest of the event much more comfortable for the players and the TO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

I'd definitely prefer four rounds so differential plays less of a part in the rankings (and so I get an extra game in of course) but I get why people would want only three.

The extra game is a valid point the pairings though while there are only 10 players is not.
After 3 rounds you'll have at tops 2 people on 3 wins and this is assuming no draws at all.
At most you'll have maybe 4 people on the same win-loss record.

Also VP differential is something that's worth learning about playing IMO

With ten players, as you say, you can have two people on 3 wins, so overall winner would be decided by differential. I'm not gonna go into my tournament manifesto of why I dislike differential scoring in Malifaux Tournaments because it's long and boring but I personally think it's better to have at least a winner decided on solely by wins than differential.

After Listening to everyones feedback I have made the decison to turn this into a 3 round event. This has been updated in the latest pack.

The main reasons are: I agree that a later start will give people more of an chance to attend, the extended lunch will give people more time to look around the event and Longer rounds should promote a more relaxing experence which will allow for more socalising opportunities.

If anyone who has bought a ticket really disagrees with the decison and does not want to attend then they can contact me and I can sort them out a refund.