Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aaron

November Community Event

33 posts in this topic

Hello Wyrdos!

For the month of November, we decided to forego the community contest in the favor of a long-standing tradition among our community: the holiday hobby exchange.

This exchange is a voluntary sign-up where members of our community agree to send some miniatures hobby related product as a gift to a random person. The product should be at least $10 in value, but we leave it up to the sender.

If you participate in this program, you will need to provide your mailing address. Sign ups will close on November 30th, at which point we will assign everyone who signed up for the exchange a name and mailing address for another individual (we will try to match you relatively geographically) who also signed up. Then, everyone will send another person something for the exchange. When you receive your gift, you are encouraged to come onto this thread and post a thank you note to your "secret Wyrdo."

The exchange items can be a variety of products: brushes, minis, bases, terrain, etc. Many people, in years past, have gotten quite creative with the exchange. Maybe you've got a really cool mini unassembled in a corner somewhere or you really want to get someone a cool set of bases. Whatever it is, it is a welcome part of the exchange! Just remember that this is a gift-giving exchange. You should sign up out of the spirit of giving (not so much receiving).

To participate in this program, you need to fill out this form completely and accurately.

Wyrd is not responsible for what products are chosen to be sent, shipping costs, lost packages, customs or taxes, or anyone who doesn't receive an item in the exchange. We are facilitating this program within the community, so please be respectful of one another and make sure you send a gift along.

8 people like this

Wow. I did not expect this to go official. :blink:

You don't appear to be doing the "willing to ship internationally y/n?" bookkeeping of previous years on it, and that's Ok because it looks from the outside like that was a tremendous pain for the organizer, but it's tradition to declare whether or not you're comfortable with international postage, and I am.

[I adore giant stompybots. I play Guild because calling 'construct' as a faction isn't acceptable, own the male half of Guild and half of a Ramos box (he kept Joss and the spiders) and all the standalone construct boxes for Guild.]

I'm looking forward to this and already have a few fun little ideas!

Awesome, this sounds like a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.  I love the holiday season and I'm definitely in for this.  Thank you for organizing this!

Awesome! I did one two years ago that was super fun on the forums, the one last year was pretty disappointing. Never even heard from my target if they got anything. I would love to join in. 

I'm in. Whoever I'm matched with will be getting something special :)

sounds great. i know that maybe here in italy/europe i'll be alone. but i am in... where do i have to sign?!?

just in case (i collect minies from all factions but M2E non metal...anyway i have some metals... ;-) )

Having difficulty signing up on the sheet above. Is there another way?

No worries. Just me being an eejit!

Edited by Púca

2 hours ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Did anyone receive notification of who they are paired with yet?

Nope. I was going to poke about this in the middle of next week once the Black Friday orders were probably mostly shipped.

Waitaminute, when'd you start playing Ressers too? :huh:

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Nope. I was going to poke about this in the middle of next week once the Black Friday orders were probably mostly shipped.

Waitaminute, when'd you start playing Ressers too? :huh:

Just planning to expand McMourning into the dark side. Poison seems fun.

They'll be going out really soon. Something came up that delayed it, but it's now taken care of!

2 people like this

The holiday exchange emails seem to be out. 

The emails just had real names though. I'd really like to get my match something for their faction. Might be a good idea to post your first name, location, and preferred factions here.

Name: Cameron

Forum name: rust and the city

Factions: guild, ressers, arcanists

Hey Everyone!

Happy Holiday Season! @Aaron has been torturing me with holiday music and @Brian Gresham is already wearing silly hats. The Holiday Exchange Emails have been sent out! If you signed up but didn't receive one please email me at  lindsey@wyrd-games.net and I will get you set up. If you need any further help you can post here or email me. This is our first year officially sponsoring this tradition so if you have any feedback we'd love to hear it.  

5 people like this

Forum name snooping just feels less invasive than Facebook snooping with real names. :PI got lucky and got someone I sort of know already but @RustAndTheCity has a point.

I'll just leave this here. It's festive, I promise:

(I am Samantha from Austin, the one with the arachnids painted like vintage sewing machines.)

1 person likes this

Yay, it started! :)

I got paired with some Jan from Brno in the Czech Republic - if you contact me you can tell me what you play so I won't send you something you don't need.

I myself am Hannes from Marburg/Germany. I play Rezzers and 10T (and own close to everything from these factions ;) ) and am just starting to branch out into Neverborn. 

Thanks for organizing this fun event!

What is everyone shooting for as a deadline for shipping this out?  I don't want to rush it, but I don't want to be the last guy shipping.

@Gnomezilla sent me an awesome holiday gift!  Everything she sent was perfect!  Pictures are too big.  I'll try and resize them or use imgur or something.

2 people like this

My gift was sent out this morning.  Hope the person likes it!  Have a great holiday season everyone!

2 people like this

Sent out my gift!  It should get there before the 25th.  I hope they like it.  Great event, thanks for organizing it Wyrd!

2 people like this