What would you like to see for Gremlins?

Math Mathonwy

Didn't the Brewmaster come from somewhere other than "The Bayou"? Might there be other Gremlin's from his neck of the woods/mountains? Ninja assassin Gremlins? Able to move around similar to Seamus maybe?

Digging the Hills Have Eyes ideas, I think the previously mentioned Taxidermist Gremlin would fit into a family of degenerate freaks pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Ophelia lost the auto rams from her Pet Idiot, Lenny, it'd be nice to see a lil more options for Kin. It would be a great chance to continue their mimicry of the Latigos.

Aïeule Lacroix; The Kin's Matron would give out the Kin keyword like her counterpart, but be more of a support/summon with an ability to make Young Lacroix: perhaps a mechanic similar to Som'er's. Model would be visually similar to Mah Tucket, but perhaps pregnant and/or crawling with mischievous young.

Tireur la Lacriox; Copying the Latigo's canon fodder, cheapish 3-4ss minions with a natural Kin keyword and Reckless/Rough Riders/Dumb Luck and maybe a Trusty Flask for some independence. Models would be direct parodies of the Pistoleros, I imagine one looking down the barrel of his own gun though.

Edited by JLMinella
formatting

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 5:26 PM, Omenbringer said:

My wishes are simple:

A master for Sparks, The Mechanized Porkchop, and the Survivors. (Gremlin Arcanist, that can utilize Scrap Markers).

A henchman that turns dying Bayou Gremlins into low cost summoned spirits or undead.

An upgrade that allows Giant Skeeters to Cast Sooey!, returning their previous edition use as Air Traffic Controllers.

Totally this. A "tech" master for Sparks etc would be very awesome and it might already be in future plans (even though they didn't announce new masters in book 5, thankfully). And the henchman suggests a splash into ressers? It sure would be nice to have some more dual faction gremlins!

Not a big fan of dual faction models for Gremlins TBH, due to the great synergies with gremlin/pig keyword. If the new model lacks the Pig/Gremlin keyword, it will be too weak when used by Gremlins compared to their use in the other faction. If it has it, it may be too strong in Gremlins or too weak in the other factions :s.

I honestly would like to see Mah errated. Imo she needs to be a bit less card destructive and would like to see her really focus on positioning to flank your opponent while she tries to troubleshoot based on what you need her to do

Mah

abilities
keep do it right unless need more card space, if so remove.
Change Get off my land: to "After determining Initiative, this model may discard a card to push all friendly models (including this model) in :pulse3 up to 5" in any direction.  

Add resourceful: Once per turn When this model discards a card you can draw a card.

Change Chores (trying to make all suits at least situationally good)
:mask: same
:ram: same
:crow: Once per activation Enemy models that deal damage to friendly models with a :melee attack suffer 1 damage
:tome: Friendly models heal 1 damage

attacks
Giant Wooden Spoon:
:mask: After damaging push enemy model up to 3" in any direction and this model up to 3" in any direction
:tome: After damaging draw a card
:ram: Attack ignores armor and hard to wound
:crow (upside the head): After damaging target must pass a TN10+dmg DF flip or gain slow

horrible hollerin': keep unless need more card space, if so remove

tactical
too much makeup: keep
let mah handle this: keep
aim for the sore spots: Now lasts till start of next activation

Little Lass (increase cost to 5)
-remove Get Off My Land
-remove peon and insignificant and make into a minion
-give her bayou 2 card

change medium wooden spoon to same triggers as Mah

change aim for the sore sports to same as Mah

Add dolly making time (CA 5: TN10): discard a card to add that suit to all of this models and a friendly leaders duels within :aura6

• Like 1

I think Mah is mostly fine as she is.  Two of her Chores could be adjusted to be more useful most of the time (as it stands right now, 90% of the time I want a :ram and could care less about the other options).

I don't like giving Lass Bayou 2 Card.  I see Gremlins as a faction of families.  The Jones, the Kin, the Tuckets, and a dozen others from our TtB book.  Each of those families should have their own trick.  2 Card is a Jones trick.  The Tuckets have "Get Off My Land" and an above average stat line for gremlins.

36 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

I don't like giving Lass Bayou 2 Card.  I see Gremlins as a faction of families.  The Jones, the Kin, the Tuckets, and a dozen others from our TtB book.  Each of those families should have their own trick.  2 Card is a Jones trick.  The Tuckets have "Get Off My Land" and an above average stat line for gremlins.

That's a weird view. Are you suggesting that all Bayou Gremlins, Rooster Riders, and Slop Haulers are of the Jones family? And that Mech Pork is also a Jones? And what's the Kin trick?

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

attacks

Giant Wooden Spoon:

These are worse imo. Crit Strike lets you dump resources into a min damage 5 hit which can be very useful. I'd rather have a separate crow trigger ignore armour etc. And Horrible Hollerin is absolutely vital imo not only to give Mah her turn 1 momentum but also during the game to get your other models into a position where Mah is able to disengage and remain safe by using her (0) to push into them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That's a weird view. Are you suggesting that all Bayou Gremlins, Rooster Riders, and Slop Haulers are of the Jones family? And that Mech Pork is also a Jones? And what's the Kin trick?

It doesn't have to be 100% the same throughout the faction.  Sammy is Kin and she has 2 card.

I just think it would be nice to get some in-game mechanics built around the different families.  Things they have in common that make them work together.  A lot of undead have Hard to Wound.  Woes typically attack willpower.  Guild are boring.  They all have their "thing."  I didn't say it was a perfect, but I'd like it to be shown more in the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, wizuriel said:

I honestly would like to see Mah errated. Imo she needs to be a bit less card destructive and would like to see her really focus on positioning to flank your opponent while she tries to troubleshoot based on what you need her to do

Mah

abilities
keep do it right unless need more card space, if so remove.
Change Get off my land: to "After determining Initiative, this model may discard a card to push all friendly models (including this model) in :pulse3 up to 5" in any direction.  

Add resourceful: Once per turn When this model discards a card you can draw a card.

Change Chores (trying to make all suits at least situationally good)
:mask: same
:ram: same
:crow: Once per activation Enemy models that deal damage to friendly models with a :melee attack suffer 1 damage
:tome: Friendly models heal 1 damage

attacks
Giant Wooden Spoon:
:mask: After damaging push enemy model up to 3" in any direction and this model up to 3" in any direction
:tome: After damaging draw a card
:crow (upside the head): After damaging target must pass a TN10+dmg DF flip or gain slow

tactical
too much makeup: keep
let mah handle this: keep
aim for the sore spots: Now lasts till start of next activation

Little Lass (increase cost to 5)
-remove Get Off My Land
-remove peon and insignificant and make into a minion
-give her bayou 2 card

change medium wooden spoon to same triggers as Mah

change aim for the sore sports to same as Mah

Add dolly making time (CA 5: TN10): discard a card to add that suit to all of this models and a friendly leaders duels within :aura6

I really like the idea of the Resourceful ability on Mah. I think that would go a huge way to make Mah work. I could see just making Do it right become one of her chores.

I'd be happy to see them get rid of the Aim for the sore spots action and just give her MI 7 3 inch range. Less flavorful and no option to be 1 inch melee but it would make her better. I'd just give her a crow trigger and call it Aim for the sore spots and it would ignore armor and hard to wound.

Then I would give her the tome trigger built in and make the out for blood upgrade  trigget off of giant wooden spoon and she's good to go.

Oh. And make Too much makeup until start of next activation, because why not?