What would you like to see for Gremlins?

Math Mathonwy

Imagine that book five would bring more models (an amazing concept, I know!). What sorts of models would you like for Gremlins?

I would like Drunken Tri-Chi Pigs. A cross between Moon Shinobi and Piglets, essentially.

I would also like Calamity Janelle, a Henchwoman that boost Bayou Bushwhackers by giving them Focus in an Aura whenever she Focuses and confers Bayou Two-Card to them.

Or, if you'd prefer to list Upgrades (perhaps Limited ones for Masters), feel free to tell us about them, too.

• Like 4

Tri-Chi spy. 

Enforcer

Model should be 2 gremlins in a trenchcoat. when he dies you summon 2 moon shinobi at half strength

Tri-Chi Spy

Enforcer, living, Gremlin, Tri-chi, rare 1

8SS

Stats

DF: 5

WP: 5

WD: 7

Wk: 4

Cg: -

Ht: 2

Abilities

From the Shadows: This model may be deployed anywhere on the board that is at least 6” away from the enemy Deployment Zone. This model may not take Interact Actions on the first Turn.

Not what I Expected: When this model is killed or sacrificed it doesn't drop any markers, instead summon 2 Moon Shinobi within 1" before removing it. These Moon Shinobi suffer 3 damage each which can not be reduced.

Disguised: This model may not be the target of the Charge Action.

Induction: Enemy models within :aura6 that suffer damage from the Poison condition suffer an additional 2 damage from the Poison condition. 

Attack Actions

(1) Stink Bomb (Sh 6:crow / Rst: DF / RG: :ranged8): Target enemy model gains the Poison +2 condition. This attack ignores cover

:crowCloud of Filth: After succeeding all models in :pulse2 gain the Poison +1 condition

:ram Kaboom: After succeeding target suffers 1/3/4 damage

(1) Too Much of a Good Thing (Ca 5 / TN: 12:crow/ Rst: Wp / Rg: 8): After succeeding, the target suffers damage equal to its Poison Condition value. Remove the Poison Condition from the target.

Tactical Actions

(0) Go Go Drunken Ninja Rockets (Ca 5 / TN: 11) place this model anywhere up to 5". This action must declare a trigger

:tome That's Not Right: After placing this model, this model gains the burning +1 condition.

:crowToo Much Gas: Before placing this model, all models within :pulse3 gain the poison +1 condition

:mask Just Ease Off The ... Ops: After placing this model, all models within :pulse3 gain the poison +1 condition

:ram Mushroom Cloud: Until the end of the Turn, the area within :aura3 of this model is considered Ht 3 Soft Cover.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I would like Drunken Tri-Chi Pigs. A cross between Moon Shinobi and Piglets, essentially.

I would also like Calamity Janelle, a Henchwoman that boost Bayou Bushwhackers by giving them Focus in an Aura whenever she Focuses and confers Bayou Two-Card to them.

Marinated Porkchop? ;)

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

Tri-Chi spy. 

Enforcer

Model should be 2 gremlins in a trenchcoat. when he dies you summon 2 moon shinobi at half strength

Please, please, please let this have some Inspector Gadget references going in the abilities. :lol:

Feral swamp-chickens. When they are reduced to 0 wounds they get to "Run Around Headless", doing one final charge at the nearest target.

A sentient Quicksand Monster, that creates hazardous terrain nearby.

A Henchman modelled after Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme, who can BBQ Pigs and Gators (or any swampfiends), for healing or luring effects.

But yes - also, ANY extra Tri Chi. Another Enforcer would be great. Maybe "The Sheriff", who gets to do various things to models with Poison on them, like "Breath-test", "Walk the straight line", and "You talkin' back to me, boy?". Oh - plus "A night in the cells", and "Dep-yoo-tee Hog".

Okay - with that last one, I've changed my mind. I think the Gremlins need a Swamp-Sheriff Master, who's a pastiche of all the inept southern lawmen from eighties tv & movies such as Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane (Dukes of Hazzard), and J.W. Pepper (Live & Let Die). He could have his own cadre of deputised Gremlins, and who knows? Maybe they could all ride around on hogs... ;-)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Je ne c'est LaCroix said:

Avian Taxidermist. Specialty bird taxidermy division, with Reckless Beagle sidekick. Beagle catches the Guild Austringer's Raptor, taxidermist stuffs it with explosives, beagle takes it back to the Austringer, Raptor explodes, feathers everywhere

The beagle needs a defensive trigger:

"Condescending Laugh" When a Sh attack fails against this model, it gains +1 Df to subsequent Sh attacks until end of turn.  

• Like 2

I have fun with him, but people still seem extremely underwhelmed with the Brewmaster.  So an extra model or upgrade to make him more reliable would be great.  Maybe something to buff the range on Drinking Contest, or a reliable way to hand out poison at range.  The Akaname were an attempt, but I don't think it quite landed where they wanted them to.  More in the kill Brewmaster style play, or in 10T Brewmaster.  Maybe a huge hog (or another swamp animal, as has been suggested) with a barrel of whiskey around its neck.

A friend and I also had an idea for a master that they sort of did with Sandeep, but not quite what we were thinking.  We're thinking of a Summoner (Pathfinder character class), Synthesist archetype.  Essentially in Pathfinder, there's a class called a summoner that summons an Eidolon as its pet.  But as you level the character, there are points you get to spend to turn the thing into literally whatever you want (4 arms with a bow?  Go for it).  I designed mine like the creature from "The Host," but you can do anything.  Instead of summoning a separate creature, however, a synthesist summons its Eidolon like a spirit suit of armor around himself and controls it that way.  We want a master like that.  So instead of summoning creatures, it gets the ability to summon stuff onto itself and give it a flexible selection of actions to spend its AP on.  Maybe another gremlin gets Wong's bag and goes a different route with it than him?  Maybe those taxidermists get a little extra experimental?

1 hour ago, Four_N_Six said:

I have fun with him, but people still seem extremely underwhelmed with the Brewmaster.  So an extra model or upgrade to make him more reliable would be great.  Maybe something to buff the range on Drinking Contest, or a reliable way to hand out poison at range.  The Akaname were an attempt, but I don't think it quite landed where they wanted them to.  More in the kill Brewmaster style play, or in 10T Brewmaster.  Maybe a huge hog (or another swamp animal, as has been suggested) with a barrel of whiskey around its neck.

An oversized toad could fit it! 

Toads are famous for loving swamps and similar habitats, one of their peculiarity is that they secerne poison as a defensive mechanism and there are none at the moment in malifaux.

So it could be an enforcer, maybe with unimpeded, a defensive triggers which can deal poison +1 after resolving (somewhat similar to whiskey golem's one), and perfect camouflage. Than it should have a good melee attack (since tri-chi lacks of some beaters) with something like Ml5 and 3/4/5 (or melee 6 with 2/4/6 and poison+1 builted in) and a slow trigger plus maybe another one (can't think of any which could be nice) and also a tactical/attack action similar to the pine box of dead marshals, that consist in the toad eating the target and spitting him at the end of the activation/turn/next activation (would be funny if it would start maybe at 7 for ht1 models, 6 for ht2 and 5for ht 3 etc, since the bigger they are, the harder they are to gobble up :lol:), maybe with a ram&mask trigger that says "give it a taste" which allows a damage flip.

And to finish it off probably leap as a 0 and some healing (amphibious tend to have good regeneration).

IMG_0226.JPG

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, EpicWaffle said:

An oversized toad could fit it!

Toads are famous for loving swamps and similar habitats, one of their peculiarity is that they secerne poison as a defensive mechanism and there are none at the moment in malifaux.

So it could be an enforcer, maybe with unimpeded, a defensive triggers which can deal poison +1 after resolving (somewhat similar to whiskey golem's one), and perfect camouflage. Than it should have a good melee attack (since tri-chi lacks of some beaters) with something like Ml5 and 3/4/5 (or melee 6 with 2/4/6 and poison+1 builted in) and a slow trigger plus maybe another one (can't think of any which could be nice) and also a tactical/attack action similar to the pine box of dead marshals, that consist in the toad eating the target and spitting him at the end of the activation/turn/next activation (would be funny if it would start maybe at 7 for ht1 models, 6 for ht2 and 5for ht 3 etc, since the bigger they are, the harder they are to gobble up :lol:), maybe with a ram&mask trigger that says "give it a taste" which allows a damage flip.

And to finish it off probably leap as a 0 and some healing (amphibious tend to have good regeneration).

I'd like a more reliable lure in faction, so maybe something like "Pretty colors" on a giant toad, and they have a modified pounce like "Lick the toad" or something that gives poison instead of a free Ml attack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

A sentient Quicksand Monster, that creates hazardous terrain nearby.

It could be an alligator snapping turtle! They're nicknamed Mud dragons, they tend to live in muddy swamps and attract preys with their "tongue" while hiding in the mud of the swamP, so it could fit both the "monster characteristics and the hazardous (maybe better if severe) terrain :D 

Also turtles are cool ;) and since gremlins live in the richest biome for animal species, would be cool to have more thematic beasts running around :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Four_N_Six said:

I'd like a more reliable lure in faction, so maybe something like "Pretty colors" on a giant toad, and they have a modified pounce like "Lick the toad" or something that gives poison instead of a free Ml attack.

Oh that would be so cool! :D or a debuff condition called "hypnotic gaze" similar to swill (all hail the hypno toad!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Okay - with that last one, I've changed my mind. I think the Gremlins need a Swamp-Sheriff Master, who's a pastiche of all the inept southern lawmen from eighties tv & movies such as Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane (Dukes of Hazzard), and J.W. Pepper (Live & Let Die). He could have his own cadre of deputised Gremlins, and who knows? Maybe they could all ride around on hogs... ;-)

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I had a go at making a Detective Gremlin Master a while back. He's more kind of a pastiche of noir/detective stereotypes, but there's some cop stuff in there.

2 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

So instead of summoning creatures, it gets the ability to summon stuff onto itself and give it a flexible selection of actions to spend its AP on.  Maybe another gremlin gets Wong's bag and goes a different route with it than him?  Maybe those taxidermists get a little extra experimental?

Kinda like Gremlin Yan Lo! I like it :D

• Like 1

My wishes are simple:

A master for Sparks, The Mechanized Porkchop, and the Survivors. (Gremlin Arcanist, that can utilize Scrap Markers).

A henchman that turns dying Bayou Gremlins into low cost summoned spirits or undead.

An upgrade that allows Giant Skeeters to Cast Sooey!, returning their previous edition use as Air Traffic Controllers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EpicWaffle said:

IMG_0226.JPG

I had a go at making a Toad!

Although I did it a bit different from your vision for one, mine's more a support piece intended to help Moon Shinobis out a little bit. I love the idea of a trigger to bury & then unbury enemies but I ended up leaving that out because I felt like there was too much going on.

Li'l Gulpy - Cost 7 - 40mm
Enforcer, Living, Rare 1
SWAMPFIEND, TRI-CHI

Df    Wp    Wd    Wk    Cg    Ht
5      4       8       6      8      2

=====ABILITIES=====
Df (:crow) Lick the Toad: After resolving, the attacker gains Poison +1.

The Weird Stuff: Other models within :aura5 treat the text of the Focused condition as the following: "This model may remove this condition when declaring an Action to gain a number of :-fate to the Action's duel and damage flip equal to the value of the Focused Condition removed. During this action, this model may only cheat flips which suffer one or more :-fates."

Toxic Blood: This model is immune to damage from the Poison condition and may choose not to reduce the value of the Poison condition during the upkeep phase.

Insignificant: This model may not take Interact actions.

=====ATTACK ACTIONS=====
(1) Angry Hop (Ml5 / Rst: Df / Rg: :melee2): Target suffers 1/2/3 damage. Push this model into base contact with the target, even if this attack fails.
    :crow Contact Poison: After succeeding, the target gains Poison +1

(1) Tongue Shot (Ml6:crow / Rst: Wk / Rg: :ranged8): Push the target into base contact with this model.
    :crow Infect: After succeeding, the target gains Poison +1 a number of times equal to the number of Crows in the final duel total.
    :crow:crow SSSSLURP: After succeeding, if the target is Ht 1 or has the Paralysed condition, sacrifice the target, then this model may make a 1/2/3 healing flip.

=====TACTICAL ACTIONS=====

(0) Leap (Ca5:mask / TN: 10:mask): This model immediately moves up to its Cg, ignoring intervening models and terrain.

(0) Looks Tasty! (Ca5:mask / TN: 11): If this model has the Poison condition, until the end of the turn, other models within :aura5 with the Focused condition must remove (use) it when declaring any Action which requires a duel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

I had a go at making a Toad!

Although I did it a bit different from your vision for one, mine's more a support piece intended to help Moon Shinobis out a little bit. I love the idea of a trigger to bury & then unbury enemies but I ended up leaving that out because I felt like there was too much going on.

Li'l Gulpy - Cost 7 - 40mm
Enforcer, Living, Rare 1
SWAMPFIEND, TRI-CHI

Df    Wp    Wd    Wk    Cg    Ht
5      4       8       6      8      2

=====ABILITIES=====
Df (:crow) Lick the Toad: After resolving, the attacker gains Poison +1.

The Weird Stuff: Other models within :aura5 treat the text of the Focused condition as the following: "This model may remove this condition when declaring an Action to gain a number of :-fate to the Action's duel and damage flip equal to the value of the Focused Condition removed. During this action, this model may only cheat flips which suffer one or more :-fates."

Toxic Blood: This model is immune to damage from the Poison condition and may choose not to reduce the value of the Poison condition during the upkeep phase.

Insignificant: This model may not take Interact actions.

=====ATTACK ACTIONS=====
(1) Angry Hop (Ml5 / Rst: Df / Rg: :melee2): Target suffers 1/2/3 damage. Push this model into base contact with the target, even if this attack fails.
    :crow Contact Poison: After succeeding, the target gains Poison +1

(1) Tongue Shot (Ml6:crow / Rst: Wk / Rg: :ranged8): Push the target into base contact with this model.
    :crow Infect: After succeeding, the target gains Poison +1 a number of times equal to the number of Crows in the final duel total.
    :crow:crow SSSSLURP: After succeeding, if the target is Ht 1 or has the Paralysed condition, sacrifice the target, then this model may make a 1/2/3 healing flip.

=====TACTICAL ACTIONS=====

(0) Leap (Ca5:mask / TN: 10:mask): This model immediately moves up to its Cg, ignoring intervening models and terrain.

(0) Looks Tasty! (Ca5:mask / TN: 11): If this model has the Poison condition, until the end of the turn, other models within :aura5 with the Focused condition must remove (use) it when declaring any Action which requires a duel.

This is actually a cool idea for a model :D I would had put 6 in defense actually since it deals no damages and maybe tone it down to 6 stones! But could be really cool if they were like a tag team, one poison dart frog (which is the one with bright colors and allucinating)  and one mean bull toad

Some what like the 2 "bodyguards" for the brewmaster or ,even better, the guardians of the way of the moonshine :D which has some shinobi-esque feeling (like the toads in naturo to make an example).

In any case you made me want to "theorize" the one I sudjested a lil more in details, so I'll give it a shot :D

Mean Pimple - Cost 8 - 50 mm

enforcer-living- rare 1 

Tri-Chi Swampfied 

Df 5 Wp 6 Wd 8 Wk4 Cg 7 ht 3

ABILITIES

Df (:crow) Lick the toad: After resolving, the attacker gains Poison +1

Toxic blood: this model doesn't suffer damages from the poison condition, and may decide not to lower its value during the upkeep phase.

Hard to wound +1

Armor +1

ATTACK ACTIONS

(1) Tongue-chop (Ml 6 :mask/ Rst Df/ Rg: 2:melee) : target suffers 2/4/6 damages. This attack gains :+fate to the damage flip if the target has at least poison +2.

:mask Mighty swing: After damaging, push the target 3" away.

:crow Taste the shine: After damaging, if the model had the Poison condition, this model heals 1/2/3.

(1) Hypnotic Gaze (Ca 6/ TN: 12/ Rst: Wp/ Rg:8): Target model gains the slow condition. If the target already had the slow condition, Paralyze it instead.

TACTICAL ACTIONS

(1) Swallow 'em  (Ml3/ Rst:Ht / Rg: 2): After succeeding, bury target model. Unbury the target at the end of this model activation in base contact with this model.

:ramTaste it: target suffer 1/2/5 which cannot be cheated.

:mask Spit it out!: unbury the target up to 4" from this model.

(0) Leap (Ca5 :mask/TN: 10 :mask): this model immediately move up to it's Cg, ignoring intervering models and terrains.

I love these ideas, especially ninja piglets. That can only be a good thing. The gremlin vignette in book 4 made it seem likely we'd  get something pork related.

I'd love an upgrade to summon wild boars, a Bayou Two Card upgrade (mAh!!!) and an upgrade to summon zombie Bayou gremlins for Zoraida.

For models I'd like to see zombie Bayou gremlins, attack goats and another 50mm hench pig for Ulix. Maybe one that gives out different  equally useful bonuses so Old Major isn't a must take with Ulix.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 2:26 PM, Omenbringer said:

A master for Sparks, The Mechanized Porkchop, and the Survivors. (Gremlin Arcanist, that can utilize Scrap Markers).

The Doctor: Gremlins/Arcanists

Well that was messy...: This model is immune to explosive demise. 

Don't die on me!: All Gremlins within 3 aura gain Hard to kill

At least not yet: Whenever a Gremlin with 3 is reduced to (1) wound, this model may push in base contact and take a (1) action

Now that is Beautiful!: Should this model fail a horror duel, it gains reactivate instead of paralyze 

(1) Bonesaw: :melee1 tn(?) deal 1/1/2 damage

:maskBack and forth!: Immediately take this action again. This next attack may declare triggers 

(1) Let's get you patched up!: TN (?) Heal 2?3/4 damage on a friendly model. This ability must declare triggers if able. 

:ramIgnore the ticking...: The target model gain explosive demise 3, on this model is immediately killed on turn 5. Should the target gain this ability after turn five, instantly kill it.

:maskScars will heal right?: The target model gains terrifying (all) 12. The target must pass a TN 12 horror duel every time is activates 

:tome ???

:crowI always wanted to try that!: All models within 12 and line of sight must pass a TN 10 Horror duel, sacrifice the target.

• Like 1