Looking to buy for ulix or wong

thewisp

Which other Masters appeal to you? Som'er Teeth Jones could happily use a lot of the models that you already have, as could Zoraida.

And how comfortable are you playing the two Masters that you have? If you're not desperate to learn a third just yet, then you could have a look at things like The Sow, Sammy LaCroix, Old Cranky, and Merris LaCroix - all bring good things to most crews, especially the two Masters you currently have.

Also, I hear that Ulix often wants more than just one Warpig... ;-)

Well i just started the game so i have played a few games with wong and ulix.  Wong seems to be easier  to start.  I just didnt know if trixiebell or lenny would help vs buying ither support pieces.  

Is two war hogs a thing?  Also are survivors any good?

Lenny and Trixiebelle are pretty widely used within Gremlins, so you won't go wrong having them. And that will give you other models and Masters to eventually use as well. I don't think you really need either of them for the crews you have, but then i don't tend to think that any one model in Malifaux should be thought of as "must-have" when there are so many good models, and the Schemes, board layouts, opponents etc are always different. 

Multiple Warpigs with Ulix IS apparently a thing. I don't play Ulix myself, so hopefully someone else will confirm that for you.

Tell you what - listen to some podcasts for ideas about models that go well with your crews. @Khyodee's Schemes & Stones ones especially are clean, accessible and informative.

Two Warpigs is definitely a thing.

Creative Taxidermy is really good for Wong, as Stuffed Piglets give him a cheap Activation that he can lightning zap to hit things with high Df or just to get lots of shots off - especially with the new 'Do Over' upgrade, which allows you to discard a card to take another shot if you hit your own model when firing into melee. You could also use the Stuffed Piglets as extra Piglets to summon, I guess. The Taxidermists can also make Pigs fly, which is hilarious, and both the Taxidermists and Sammy LaCroix can summon Stuffed Piglets. Speaking of, Sammy LaCroix is an excellent model, and I consider her a must-take in most Wong lists - she can carry 'Ooh, Glowy!' and let Wong take 'A Gremlin's Luck'.

Finally, Old Cranky is a good Totem for both Wong and Ulix, Rooster Riders are great with anyone, and Merris LaCroix is an excellent Scheme Runner that can really help Ulix summon Warpigs as she can pump out Scheme Markers.

I don't tend to do the Warpig summoning with Ulix but that is because it just seems too resource intensive in terms of AP and wounds. You can get around those by hiring certain models but I just find at that point you are limiting the crew.

Looking at the models you have to get I would suggest picking up the Sow and a Hog Whisperer for Ulix this will also get you an extra piglet. If you want to go down the Warpig summoning route then you will probably want slop haulers as well as another Warpig. If you are thinking of adding a new master box I would pick up Somers box as that will net you Lenny who can really help Ulix and can boost Wong in some circumstances.

As has been mentioned Wong tends to like Sammy, Old Cranky and Stuffed Piglets so I would pick these up as a priority. I also really like the Emissary for him as you blasts do +1 damage near him. Which means with the correct set up you can be causing lots of damage that you opponent can do nothing about. This requires a stuffed piglet engaging the enemy, the Emissary within 4" of the piglet and Wong to have A Gremlins Luck and Explosive solutions upgrades, adding Do Over can make this slightly more AP efficient as well. Basically Wong shoots into the combat and hits the piglet thanks to A Gremlins Luck. You then shoot the piglet to get moderate off with a :ram in Wong's duel total. This means you do 3 damage to the piglet, place 2 blast marks doing 4 damage and then do the pulse for potentially 6 damage on models near the piglet. Repeat this again for another 6 damage and then the piglet blows up doing between 1 and 4 damage. This does take some setup but it can allow you to remove large amounts of the enemy crew quite reliably.