Which 18 Vallejo Paints?

ZeeDeveel

Hey guys I've found a good deal on Vallejo paints, I can get 18 of them for a great price. The question is, which 18? I currently don't have any paints as my citadel ones are all dried up. Is this a good choice of paints for a starter set. If you would edit the list in some way, please let me know!

Chainmail Silver
Burnished Gold

Black Wash
Sepia Wash

White
Black

Imperial Blue
Electric Blue

Bloody Red
Gory Red

Goblin Green
Dark Green

Bald Moon Yellow

Warlord Purple
Orange Fire

Elf Skintone
Desert Yellow
Brown

I use game color for the bulk of my painting, there are photo's in my twitter account (link in my sig) if you're interested.

If you're buying just for Malifaux would you share the faction(s) you're interested in?  It'll help direct you a bit.

Don't see nay specific issues with the colours you've chosen above though.

8 hours ago, mythicFOX said:

I use game color for the bulk of my painting, there are photo's in my twitter account (link in my sig) if you're interested.

If you're buying just for Malifaux would you share the faction(s) you're interested in?  It'll help direct you a bit.

Don't see nay specific issues with the colours you've chosen above though.

Initially I will be painting The Dreamer starter crew box with my gf... and possibly a box for me, though I'm not sure what yet! It'll likely be Arcanists.

The colour selection I've picked it missing an off-white, any shades of grey, a bright gold, a standard silver, gunmetal... probably loads of stuff... I'm hoping I can mix what I don't have there. You reckon what I've got should be enough and I can be creative with colours I don't have?

Your models look beautiful by the way mate, good work. :)

---

I went with the following, the list is 20 since I found a deal for 20 too:

Chainmail Silver
Brassy Brass

Black Wash
Sepia Wash

Dead White
Black
Ghost Grey

Dark Blue
Electric Blue

Bloody Red
Gory Red

Goblin Green
Dark Green

Moon Yellow

Squid Pink
Warlord Purple
Orange Fire

Pale Flesh
Desert Yellow
Leather Brown

• 2 weeks later...

Get Deck Tan. It's awesome to mix with base colours to get highlights. It's like a bleached bone, only cold. I also use the metallic air rust for a lot of mixes, the same with air metallic wood (but takes a lot of layers, really poor coverage!). I'll see if I can have a look over my rack tomorrow which colours I tend to use most from Vallejo.

In general I tend to prefer Army Painter for the bulk of my standard colours, but Vallejo have some tones that are just amazing in the right spots...