"Neverborn Allstars" with Lilith or Pandora?

LulleK

Hello!

I'm new to Neverborn, and as I understand it, the "Neverborn Allstar" lists (Nekima, Graves, Dopple, Primordial Magic etc.) can be played with either Lilith or Pandora (voices?). My question is: who do you choose as the master of the two, and when?

Also, I wonder what happens if Pandora uses Self Harm on a taget without any sh actions, if armed with Voices? I get that she wouldn't do any damage without anything to copy it from, but Voices doesn't do any damage any way?

Correct, the spell can still target the model and subsequently Paralyse it, even if it lacks :ranged actions. 

From playing with and against Pandora, her strengths are suited to games where control of the centre is important - she's very powerful at Turf War, Extraction, Squatter's Rights etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hydranixx said:

Correct, the spell can still target the model and subsequently Paralyse it, even if it lacks :ranged actions. 

From playing with and against Pandora, her strengths are suited to games where control of the centre is important - she's very powerful at Turf War, Extraction, Squatter's Rights etc.

Cool, thanks!

In those kind of games where you want to control the centre, do you prefer Voices or brawler Pandora?

Inflict is nuts because it's a 9" diameter circle of wp14 duel or take 2 instances of 1 damage. You can often hit tons of models at once and do either a ton of wounds or destroy the opponent's hand (sometimes both). 

You can use that core with almost any of the NB masters with minor tweaks. Beyond Lilith and Pandora it goes well with Dreamer (sub PM for daydreams), Collodi and Titania. 

I wouldn't worry much about when to use each one if you're newer to the game. They're both fine in almost all situations.  

One of the largest factors that influences my decision making between Pandora and Lilith when I am running a crew like that is possible positioning. I find myself using Lilith more so if I believe my opponent will spread out and Pandora more if I find they will be squished together and I think I know where (or can influence) that will be. Obviously, since this is Malifaux, your mileage may very well vary.

Also another shout-out here for (1) Inflict. With 1-2 damage (1 point at a time: take that, armor!) from Pandora herself and the potential for extra damage from nearby sorrows Inflict is sort of like inaccurate carpet bombing. Your opponent will be impacted in some way and you force that decision onto them: Damage will be taken and/or cards will be discarded and it's up to them to determine where and how. This can easily be compiled with the Insidious Madness' "discard a card to cheat fate vs a WP Duel" and/or Mr. Tanim's "Discard a card to cheat" Aura to make it even harder to resist your pulse of doom.