Soft cover in an urban environment

Xynok

Hi there,

I'm currently planning a Quarantine Zone terrain set and I'm lacking ideas for soft cover.

The ideas so far are fences, hedges (which I don't like the idea of) and 'greenery' in the form of a small circular garden (like an English roundabout) but those would be dense as well so I'd like something more scattery.

Any help would be great :)

Shrubs / hedges planted trees any sort of landscaping really
Chain link fence or wrought iron fence (any fence with significant "openess" to it),
Falling water from an overhead eavestrough or gargoyle
Low clothes line,
Pile of straw
Stack of newspapers
An overturned ruined cart with a canvas covering
Steam from pipes or buildings
A stack of boxes of bottles, baskets, market stands
Bicycles leaned up on a post
Market Stalls / tents
sandwich board signs
A curtain blowing out an open/broken window
A skeleton in some stocks

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good ones! I really like the low hanging clothes line. Imma gonna steal that.

A fun idea, if not necessarily terrain, is groups of bystanders. Like get a bunch of Reaper Bones Villagers and stick two or three of them together on a 50mm base and have them do random things during the game. Though if they could be attacked and turned into corpse tokens it'd unbalance any game that involved Ressers.

From my own thread I had the idea of a Victorian Playground full of really dangerous looking iron pipe slides, swings, and climbing things. Seriously, do a google image search on "Victorian Playground" They had the best stuff.

Mounds of night soil and other organic garbage would probably be all over the place in an area that has no organized trash pick up.

I get the feeling that much of the Quarantine Zone has gone to the wild, so patches of long grass or solid objects with masses of vines all over them would be appropriate. I'd do an image search on 'abandoned neighborhoods' for ideas.