Advanced Pursuit: Guild Lawyer

Surrealistik

22 minutes ago, Ampers&nd said:

on a first glance I like the idea:) I would definitely increase the TN on objection however, 3 is horrifyingly low (as stands you could add increased damage 3 times for 5/5/5 and it would still be only TN.9

Yeah, I've actually been wrestling with what the TN should be since the Guild Lawyers have none for either Objection or Special Damages. I might add a Special: line stating that they can be cast without a TN, albeit at the cost of precluding any Immutos.

• Like 1

or change it to grant a manifested power instead of a spell, that way no immutos can be added. (currently a lot of minutes can make it a bit mental, mass objection in a pulse? Ouch.) Try going through all the immuto from various books and comparing them to each spell- if it seems silly then its probably best to stop them adding it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ampers&nd said:

or change it to grant a manifested power instead of a spell, that way no immutos can be added. (currently a lot of minutes can make it a bit mental, mass objection in a pulse? Ouch.) Try going through all the immuto from various books and comparing them to each spell- if it seems silly then its probably best to stop them adding it.

Mass Objection in a pulse is pretty potent, but at TN 14 (12 after CP reduction) not counting any other enhancements with a TN of 10 to resist for non-primary targets, and melee range eh. The potential for paralyze is really the concerning thing, but that requires a severe damage flip after three chances of failure (cast + primary target's WP duel + TN 10 WP duel).

Will consider it though; it wouldn't be remiss as a manifested power.

it is only 1 yard, but considering it with other actions- he could run into a crowd of civilians and paralyse all of them, stop a minion attack dead (few minions will get a rank+Wp of 10) 

I like the fluff and I love the idea- it should be relatively powerful as it's an advanced pursuit with some big downsides (becoming lucius gopehr being the main one.) 

7 hours ago, Ampers&nd said:

it is only 1 yard, but considering it with other actions- he could run into a crowd of civilians and paralyse all of them, stop a minion attack dead (few minions will get a rank+Wp of 10) 

I like the fluff and I love the idea- it should be relatively powerful as it's an advanced pursuit with some big downsides (becoming lucius gopehr being the main one.) 

Super situational though, and still, quite a few points of failure (especially if you flip for NPCs as my group does because static numbers are eh; also keep in mind that a lowly Guild Guard beats Wp TN 10). Yeah, if you're willing to get into a brawl and cheat your damage flip for certainty, it could be pretty vicious. Honestly, there are worse things you can do that are more consistent, and like you say, a powerful Guild Lawyer should be able to deal with sub-Guild Guard mooks as if they were nothing.

Any thoughts on the Bound by Law and Pass Judgement spells?