Night in Malifaux - Building A Malifaux City Board

SilentSeeker

On 11/21/2017 at 11:12 AM, rober695 said:

If you don't mind me asking...how do you do the brick work? Same as the road tiles. I see you make your big cuts with what appears to be a hot wire cutter. But unsure how you do the scoring.

I have seen a lot of people just use a ball point pen to make cobblestone/brickwork. I have found it works myself but it depends on the pen and effect you are going for.

In germany we have something called the Vollmetallischer Universalstrukturierer (full metal ubiquitous structuring tool). Maybe he used one of those.

The technique with the ball point pen is used very often by Gerard Boom. But he has other very interesting techniques too.

(the vidoes are in german, but you sould easy understand what they're doing just by looking at it)

Hi here :)

due to storage problems I'm still pausing further buildings. I'll move to a bigger place in the springtime and I think I'll concentrate on miniatures until then.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:27 AM, noel said:

wow! thats alot of work,not to say its not worth it it looks fab! how many Hours to make this?

Thank You. Hum, I think it took me about five weeks of daily work for 2-3 hours.

On 9/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, Ray said:

This is amazing. Please keep the pictures flowing! 

Thank You :)

On 8/22/2017 at 9:09 AM, klatschi said:

Wow, this board is so fantastic, I love the barracks especially, with all the different small angles and the small niches and stuff. Two thumbs up for this work!

Nice to hear, thanks :)

On 6/28/2017 at 10:20 PM, Nikodemus said:

Pretty little things! You seem to prefer a less bright paintjob than I do. Eager to see your take on Misaki.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, rober695 said:

If you don't mind me asking...how do you do the brick work? Same as the road tiles. I see you make your big cuts with what appears to be a hot wire cutter. But unsure how you do the scoring.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:31 PM, Stonewall78 said:

I have seen a lot of people just use a ball point pen to make cobblestone/brickwork. I have found it works myself but it depends on the pen and effect you are going for.

On 11/23/2017 at 1:18 PM, Butch said:

In germany we have something called the Vollmetallischer Universalstrukturierer (full metal ubiquitous structuring tool). Maybe he used one of those.

The technique with the ball point pen is used very often by Gerard Boom. But he has other very interesting techniques too.

(the vidoes are in german, but you sould easy understand what they're doing just by looking at it)

Butch nailed it :)

Brick work: it's three steps: 1. pencil 2. knife 3. pencil.

Regards

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 1:15 AM, prof_bycid said:

Welcome back, @SilentSeeker !  This has been one of my favourite threads to follow over the past few years.  Glad you are back at it.  The board is amazing.

Thank You very much :D

Let's have a lot on the production of some windows. Further there are more detailed pictures of two of the new buildings: a tavern (the building with the balcony) and an inn.

large.IMG_4071.jpg.50c90bf87ec6879bdc01b2741ff33c34.jpglarge.IMG_4073.jpg.084cd5ee6b46a7236cb4c76a38bdb393.jpglarge.IMG_4072.jpg.33b1bec3fcecdd3ae05fb41941509ae3.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 10:52 PM, SilentSeeker said:

So first comes my “Tower of Malifaux”. I think it is quite unpractical for gaming, but its walls footstep is about 6” - so I think it won’t hinder the gameplay too much. If so, I can place it right next to the play area “for atmospheric and aesthetic reasons” :)

The spoiler at the bottom of the post contains a few pictures of the building process.

large.IMG_0426.jpglarge.IMG_0430.jpglarge.IMG_0429.jpglarge.IMG_0428.jpglarge.IMG_0427.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_0357.jpglarge.IMG_0256.jpglarge.IMG_0310.jpglarge.IMG_0311.jpglarge.IMG_0323.jpglarge.IMG_0324.jpglarge.IMG_0331.jpglarge.IMG_0354.jpglarge.IMG_0358.jpglarge.IMG_0359.jpglarge.IMG_0360.jpglarge.IMG_0361.jpglarge.IMG_0412.jpg

That looks grate!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...