We Didn't Burn Them..... Portsmouth 29/10/16

Chris Gibbs

On Saturday the 29th of October we're going to be running Malifaux Tournament but this time with a difference- we love our Malifuax players and we love it when our freinds come to visit but this one is going to be a mini tournament aimed at our local playerbase

This one is not ranked 

Details here https://www.facebook.com/events/1766882333595439/ 

• Like 2

Not sure how being unranked makes it more friendly, sounds rather derogatory to all those ranked events out there. 

Every ranked event I have been to has been super friendly, in fact the Malifaux community as a whole has always been very friendly. I hope this is just a poorly worded post and not some slight on the rest of the Malifaux community as it comes across as.

i wish you luck in your event and hope you manage to create the environment you are looking for with your newer players.

Luke

• Like 3

[MODHAT]From the perspective of an outsider, some people are reading way more into this event posting than is what's actually there. If you don't like the event then don't go. If you're offended by the event/thread then don't post a reply. Take it up with the mods instead and tell us exactly why this is offensive. 

I'm not going to delete any replies at this stage but if this continues to escalate, either myself or one of the other mods will start throwing around the banhammer.[/MODHAT]

One other thing - @Chris Gibbs, your event posting is a little unclear/contradictory with the details. Could you please clarify whether this will be a ranked event, and will you be allowing non-local attendees?

I am sorry for any offence caused by my opening post.

The opening line is from a british tv program called league of gentlemen and the title  of the event is as well. It was meant as a joke.

The situation I have down here is when I was running small tournements I was getting a turn out of 10-12 players at the last ranked one I ran we had a turn out of 20, 4 of which play locally, I need to make sure that I am doing stuff for my guys as well hence the decision to go non ranked and try to keep it local 

If anyone wants to come down you will be made more than welcome but this one is aimed at getting my guys playing each other, were far from a clique as a lot of my players dont really know each other and I am hopeing this will help by getting people in the same room at the same time will lead to more games for everyone 

In terms of advertising it here I was debating not but to get ss for prize support its something I have to do.

Were hopefully going to run a ranked event at some point next year and it would be great to see you all there 

Sorry again for my previous wording I ve done 60 odd hours at work this week and did not think through how it could be interprated 

• Like 4