Structure Scale? *Solved*

Guyon

3 minutes ago, Guyon said:

Found the answer online.  32mm is based on a 6 foot figure.

I'm not sure where you got that figure, but you should probably look at the models and compare actual measurements first.

For example, on the Witchling Handler next to me, the figure is 40mm from the bottom of the base to the top of the model's head, or about 37mm from the top of the figure's head to the bottom of its foot.  Likewise for the size of the Performer model next to it.

Nerdy knowledge bomb incoming...

The original scale for measuring miniatures was from the bottom of the foot of a 6' tall male model to the eyes, not the top of his head. Back in the day you mainly played with soldiers and knights, so measuring to the top of the head would be impractical as most were wearing helmets or helms and would vary from sculpt to sculpt, depending on the design. Since then it has diverged greatly. Games Workshop in particular plays a 32mm heroic scale, so they are slightly larger than a normal human. I find Malifaux takes quite a bit of license as well, but they are considered 32mm as well.

• Like 1

I build based on the height 1" is 3-4'  2" is 5-6' etc - simplified down 1" is 3' and tend to encourage our local player base to use this scale.
This range concept also works with the melee combat system but not so much with missile weapons but I suppose that's for balance reasons.
Following that scale however you will not find any pre constructed terrain that is "to scale" roof tiles being one of the main offenders.