Sandmanns painted stuff

Sandmann

• 1 month later...

@Ludvig The Coats are done with a basecoat of VGC Charred Brown, on which I stippled on coats of Foundry 14A Shade (a pale, mid-brown), GW Karak Stone and (on select parts as hems, elbows etc.) VGC Bone White. Then the whole coat is washed with a 50-50 mix of AP Strong Tone and AP Dark Tone. In really deep creases, maybe a second layer of wash.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three minis for three factions done. First, the Carrion Effigy for the Ressers:

IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4606.jpg

He has the (up to now) most "build up" base I have done for Malifaux.
I think the old wood came out good, so maybe other models will get similar bases instead of the simple, mostly sand ones I do now.

Then a Witchling Thrall for the Guild:

IMG_4607.jpg
IMG_4608.jpg

Inspired by @Mortarion, I gave him some tattoos on his back.

And finally, a Student of Conflict for the Outcasts (I bought a Victorias crew box...):

IMG_4610.jpg
IMG_4611.jpg

And a WIP-shot of what I'm working on atm (said Victorias):

IMG_4612.jpg

• Like 5

First Ronin finished! I like how the red turned out, but I'm afraid I didn't do a very good job on the eyes this time around. Built the mini before painting, and that made her face hard to reach with a brush, and impossible to reach from the sides - and apparently I need access from the sid eto paint the eyes well. At least she is the only mini in that set where that is the case.

IMG_4613.jpg
IMG_4614.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, Sandmann said:

@Piccio What do you mean with "unreal"? The students skintone is the same as on all non-undead, non-Big Jake models...

The student skintone seems yellow-white mainly and missing by the red part, atleast judging by pictures.

Probably a shadow under the cheekbone would help to balance the overall.

Also perdita skin seems very "cadaverous" white judging from the picture.

• Thanks 1

@Piccio Mhm. That might be my photography skills. I use (old) GW Elf Flesh glazed with GW Dwarf Flesh and a Foundry Dark Skin Tone, all of wich have a very reddish hue, highlighted up with Elf Flesh and Bone Withe (mixe into the EF). The Bone White has none, but is used pure only on the very highest of highlights (tip of the nose etc.). Maybe the pictures lack contrast...
Perditas skin is actually done with my older recipe and is using a second darker glaze instead of the Foundry Dark Skin, wich is actually more pastelly-brown than red. But both have relatively little yellow in the mixtures. I think Miss Deed and Allison Dade are closest to the real deal in their pictures, and the student has the same colouring.

Finished Ronins #2 and #3, now working on the Viks. I tried giving the Ronin in green coloured hair on the tips of her braids - overall, I like the result.

Plus, Dr. Dufresne (the alt-McMourning) who I had photographed a while ago but somehow never shared the picture. I only recently used her in Guild and found her suprisingly fun and will play her again - maybe I'll even get some beasts and academics...:huh:

IMG_4615.jpg
IMG_4616.jpg
IMG_4617.jpg
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4546.jpg
IMG_4547.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...