Sandmann

Sandmanns painted stuff

I've been negilient with this thread it seems. Got quite a lot done since my last post.
Me and three friends went to a tournament, and since I'm painting two of the four crews that we bring, I painted some Ressers again, plus my own Guild stuff (that I have yet to photograph, so that'll have to wait a bit still).

Guild Autopsy:

IMG_4482_zpsvsibq7l7.jpg~original
IMG_4483_zpskdxjnyiu.jpg~original

And some fodder for Muhahaha. Which has to be one of the coolest names for abilities and actions in the game :lol:
IMG_4486_zpspshczq5y.jpg~originalIMG_4487_zpsal9fgisi.jpg~original

IMG_4484_zpsr2tefi2d.jpg~originalIMG_4485_zpsfh9shm7x.jpg~original

• Like 8

On 21.2.2017 at 10:56 PM, FoeRender said:

Your painting style really goes nice with the ressers looks fanastic

Thanks ^_^ Although they're not my models (I'm painting them for a friend)...

But, I managed to photograph some of my own new modesl as well ;)

IMG_4488_zpsrpsslerp.jpg~original
IMG_4495_zpsscttlhq1.jpg~original
IMG_4496_zpsi2bcmcuk.jpg~original
IMG_4497_zpse44ibemt.jpg~original
IMG_4498_zpskx8uheg2.jpg~original

• Like 9

And on we go.
Picture quality of these last few minis is sadly not great when compared to older ones, seems I screwed up the lighting :(.
But anyway, here are the rest of the intrepid reporters!

IMG_4489_zpsci0miziv.jpg~original
IMG_4490_zpsnraarppq.jpg~original
IMG_4499_zpsesq4z1q9.jpg~original
IMG_4500_zpsdmoexl5p.jpg~original
IMG_4494_zpstwpeqr8w.jpg~original
IMG_4493_zps33t7ckon.jpg~original
IMG_4492_zpstbzrldkr.jpg~original
IMG_4491_zpsofkaqgbz.jpg~original

• Like 8

Yes, I especially like the details like the stripes. Gorgeous minis.

I am a big fan of this way of painting / comic-style miniatures and I think it suits the style of the game really well!

Thanks guys!
The stripes sadly don't follow the creases and such on the trousers perfectly, but they still work if you don't know to look for the bad spots :)

Recently I painted the Excorcist for the painting Challenge (pics at the end of the month) and the LE Guard Sergeant:

IMG_4506_zps3byre4uh.jpg~original
IMG_4503_zpscpbbqjbg.jpg~original
IMG_4504_zpsmymiysuo.jpg~original

• Like 7

More stuff done.

First, the Exorcist for the Painting Pledge this month. Used him only once and was seriously underwhelmed :(

IMG_4513_zpsphwhnshq.jpg~original
IMG_4514_zps6vaqp72w.jpg~original

Second, First Death Marshal Recruiter. This guy, on the other hand, was awesome so far!

IMG_4515_zpsbvl8cfjq.jpg~original
IMG_4516_zpsahbrhyuf.jpg~original

And lastly, the Malifaux Child.

IMG_4519_zps8gteixzd.jpg~original
IMG_4520_zpssxldevpz.jpg~original

• Like 7

Finally finished my Emissary, after about a month of on-and-offf building and painting. Kinda happy how he turned out, especially the OSL, which was (I think) my second try ever at something like this.

What do you think? I used just glazes after glazes for the effect - worth it or should I consider another method?

IMG_4532_zpsoh12bqrr.jpg~original
IMG_4533_zpsmnndyobn.jpg~original

• Like 4

The OSL looks good. Maybe I would put some more reflections on the figure. At the moment it looks a bit like a spotlight. But for the second attempt its more than good!

The lamp itself should be brighter than the reflection on the mini. So there you could do a littel improvement.

• Like 1

Nice paint work all around and the paint job looks fantastic .. But I must say the bases are a total eye sore , the minis are painted so good but th bases are just bad not painted anywhere near the standard of the models the color actually draws your eyes away from the nice painted model to the rushed dry brushed base . Love the paint jobs on the minis just spend a bit more time on the bases cause it can bring the model down IMO .

• Like 1

@Butch You're right, the lamp should definitely be brighter. Went a bit overboard there with glazing the colours together I think.

@FoeRender What do you propose for the bases? I really dislike pieces where the base overshadows the model, which is why mine are so basic.
I'm thinking a bit more different vegetation and maybe (on larger bases) small scatter, but that can easily look too busy...

Hmmmm I see what your saying maybe that's just my taste , maybe just put in the same level of detail painting wise , maybe it's the choice of colors on the base  if it was a darker duller color , like deeper Browns with some grey stones , right now there so bright which draws your eyes away from the great paint job down to a bland base  .

There's some wonderfully painted model round here, I don't even know where to start. Love your style, very clean colourful and smart

• Like 1

Gotta keep up here...

Last months painting challenge left me with these guys:

IMG_4539_zpsah9epzch.jpg~original
IMG_4540_zps4n29fqgu.jpg~original
IMG_4535_zpsukc1lilw.jpg~original

Actually tried to add some clutter and small details to my bases - worth it? I'm not super excited about it...

Also got a Metal Gamin for Hoffmann finished that I've yet to photograph :huh:

• Like 4

And here you go, photographed the metal gamin. One of my regular opponents plays Arcanists and recently got Mei Feng, and I tried to match his colour scheme for the gamin.

IMG_4543_zpsonukke3s.jpg~original
IMG_4542_zpsud2jpujo.jpg~original

Also, I apparently forgot about this dude:

IMG_4517_zpsrlgyf642.jpg~original
IMG_4518_zpsponiri67.jpg~original

He's been sitting in my cabinet, finished, for quite some time now...

• Like 5

Sadly photobucket decided to shoot themselves in the foot and all my pictures hosted there are no longer visible.
I have found a new hoster, but have yet to port the pictures over. For now, here's what I painted most recently:

IMG_4553.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4550.jpg

The frontal pic of the pistolero is a bit messed up sadly... And they are a bit on the small size scalewise. Making the already tiny facial details on Malifaux minis even tinier :(

• Like 3

I like the idea of painting the hands on Madness human-like, makes it look like some poor souls are desperately trying to get out.

I found a way to still display old photobucket pictures: You have to add "~original" to the end of the img-Code. We'll see how long this lasts.
Edited the first post in this topic, will do the others when I have time for it!

• Thanks 1

Slooowly working through my posts and getting the pics displayed again. Not really the kind of work I like...

Last months painting challenge on the other hand was fun, and I managed to finish quite a bit:

IMG_4563.jpg
IMG_4564.jpg
IMG_4562.jpg
IMG_4561.jpg
IMG_4560.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_4558.jpg
IMG_4555.jpg
IMG_4556.jpg

• Like 5