Sandmanns painted stuff

Sandmann

I've been negilient with this thread it seems. Got quite a lot done since my last post.
Me and three friends went to a tournament, and since I'm painting two of the four crews that we bring, I painted some Ressers again, plus my own Guild stuff (that I have yet to photograph, so that'll have to wait a bit still).

Guild Autopsy:

IMG_4482_zpsvsibq7l7.jpg~original
IMG_4483_zpskdxjnyiu.jpg~original

And some fodder for Muhahaha. Which has to be one of the coolest names for abilities and actions in the game :lol:
IMG_4486_zpspshczq5y.jpg~originalIMG_4487_zpsal9fgisi.jpg~original

IMG_4484_zpsr2tefi2d.jpg~originalIMG_4485_zpsfh9shm7x.jpg~original

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!
The stripes sadly don't follow the creases and such on the trousers perfectly, but they still work if you don't know to look for the bad spots :)

Recently I painted the Excorcist for the painting Challenge (pics at the end of the month) and the LE Guard Sergeant:

IMG_4506_zps3byre4uh.jpg~original
IMG_4503_zpscpbbqjbg.jpg~original
IMG_4504_zpsmymiysuo.jpg~original

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished my Emissary, after about a month of on-and-offf building and painting. Kinda happy how he turned out, especially the OSL, which was (I think) my second try ever at something like this.

What do you think? I used just glazes after glazes for the effect - worth it or should I consider another method?

IMG_4532_zpsoh12bqrr.jpg~original
IMG_4533_zpsmnndyobn.jpg~original

• Like 5

The OSL looks good. Maybe I would put some more reflections on the figure. At the moment it looks a bit like a spotlight. But for the second attempt its more than good!

The lamp itself should be brighter than the reflection on the mini. So there you could do a littel improvement.

• Like 1

Nice paint work all around and the paint job looks fantastic .. But I must say the bases are a total eye sore , the minis are painted so good but th bases are just bad not painted anywhere near the standard of the models the color actually draws your eyes away from the nice painted model to the rushed dry brushed base . Love the paint jobs on the minis just spend a bit more time on the bases cause it can bring the model down IMO .

• Like 1

@Butch You're right, the lamp should definitely be brighter. Went a bit overboard there with glazing the colours together I think.

@FoeRender What do you propose for the bases? I really dislike pieces where the base overshadows the model, which is why mine are so basic.
I'm thinking a bit more different vegetation and maybe (on larger bases) small scatter, but that can easily look too busy...

Hmmmm I see what your saying maybe that's just my taste , maybe just put in the same level of detail painting wise , maybe it's the choice of colors on the base  if it was a darker duller color , like deeper Browns with some grey stones , right now there so bright which draws your eyes away from the great paint job down to a bland base  .

• 1 month later...

Gotta keep up here...

Last months painting challenge left me with these guys:

IMG_4539_zpsah9epzch.jpg~original
IMG_4540_zps4n29fqgu.jpg~original
IMG_4535_zpsukc1lilw.jpg~original

Actually tried to add some clutter and small details to my bases - worth it? I'm not super excited about it...

Also got a Metal Gamin for Hoffmann finished that I've yet to photograph :huh:

• Like 4

And here you go, photographed the metal gamin. One of my regular opponents plays Arcanists and recently got Mei Feng, and I tried to match his colour scheme for the gamin.

IMG_4543_zpsonukke3s.jpg~original
IMG_4542_zpsud2jpujo.jpg~original

Also, I apparently forgot about this dude:

IMG_4517_zpsrlgyf642.jpg~original
IMG_4518_zpsponiri67.jpg~original

He's been sitting in my cabinet, finished, for quite some time now...

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Sadly photobucket decided to shoot themselves in the foot and all my pictures hosted there are no longer visible.
I have found a new hoster, but have yet to port the pictures over. For now, here's what I painted most recently:

IMG_4553.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4550.jpg

The frontal pic of the pistolero is a bit messed up sadly... And they are a bit on the small size scalewise. Making the already tiny facial details on Malifaux minis even tinier :(

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...