Wyrd Happenings in Rockford, Illinois

Parker Barrows

Running a demo for Malifaux. Everyone is welcomed.

Who: Parker Barrows (under the alias of Jacob, Newly Minted Henchman)

What: Malifaux Demo

Where: Top Cut - South Rockford Location (2430 South Alpine, 61108 Rockford, IL)

When: September 24th, 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Why: Because more players mean more fun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Achievement League

Who: Anyone in the Rockford area who wants to join.

Where: Any of the local LGS

What: Trick or Treat Achievement League (Regular Achievements plus some Halloween Achievements)

When: October 7th - October 27th

Why: Fun first of all. Plus, $10 gift card to Top Cut for the overall winner and a bag of candy for the winner of the Trick and Treat categories respectively. One prize per person.

• 1 month later...

My first tournament!

Who: Anyone who wants to have fun and win prizes.

Where: Top Cut - South Alpine

What: Standard 50 SS tournament. Entry Fee will be $5.

When: November 20th. Registration begins at 12. Hoping to start around 12:15. There will be three one hour and forty-five minute rounds with one 30 minute break.

Why: Competition is fun. Come and win prizes.

Round 1
Deployment: Close
Strategy: Headhunter
Scheme Pool: Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Show of Force, Search the Ruins, A Quick Murder

Round 2
Deployment: Standard
Strategy: Interference
Scheme Pool: Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Show of Force, Set Up, Inspection

Round 3
Deployment: Flank
Strategy: Extraction
Scheme Pool: Convict Labor, Take Prisoner, Exhaust Their Forces, Hunting Party, Covert Breakthrough

• 4 months later...

Who: Anyone who wants to try a new format.

Where: Loves Park Top Cut

What: 35 Stone Traitor Tournament

Henchman led game. Your Henchman and your Crew must be a different Faction  (Your Faction is considered your Crews for all purposes, including upgrades). The Henchman is locked. Your Crew is not. You may not have any members of your Henchman's original Faction(s).

Example: Toshiro/Neverborn may not hire Punk Zombies (despite Infiltration), and may not not hire Mr. Graves despite being able to hire Neverborn.

When: April  2nd. 

Why: Competition is fun. Come and win prizes.

Round 1
Deployment: Corner
Strategy: Headhunter
Scheme Pool: Claim Jump, Eliminate Leadership, Leave Your Mark, Accusation, A Quick Murder

Round 2
Deployment: Corner
Strategy: Extraction
Scheme Pool: Claim Jump, Eliminate Leadership, Frame for Murder, Dig Their Graves, Recover Evidence

Round 3
Deployment: Standard
Strategy: Guard the Stash
Scheme Pool: Claim Jump, Frame for Murder, Accusation, Tail 'Em, Inspection

• 3 months later...

Who: Everyone!

Where: Loves Park Top Cut

What: Storyline Tourney

50 Soulstone

I'll be flipping for the allowed schemes before each round. I will allow Faction schemes to be used.

Loyalty - Using an idea from my fellow Rockford-area Henchman (whose forum name I forget), I will allow people to pick a Faction or a Master. You may change the Master's faction to any faction they can legally use in between rounds.

I'll be using Story Strats for this tourney.

Round 1: The day starts out hectic as there's trouble in the Quarantine Zone.

Break Quarantine (Rippling Fates, page 48)

Round 2: .Just as soon as that mess is taken care of, the crew learns of an important train leaving for Ridley. Hope there's no trouble.

Train Robbery (Rippling Fates, page 138)

Round 3: And now after eventful day, everyone deserves a break. I think there's a wrestling match going on.

Fight Night (Crossroads, page 239)

"I got the continuity right!": Players will be awarded an extra Guilder if they use the same Master and the same Faction for the whole tournament.

When: August 6th 12:30

Why: Because trying new things is fun.

And since I realize these aren't as necessarily as balanced as Gaining Grounds Strategies, this is going to be a no-entry fee tourney. Prizes will be smaller, but the emphasis is on the fun over the competition.

Also, feel free to join my Facebook group if you have any questions. I'll answer them here, but I'll probably get them quicker on it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1092691180778182/