First round of Divergent Paths up

Squirrelich

So on Friday I won the Man's court case 11-6 vs Resser Yan Lo with Ironsides.  I got a cheeky 1st turn Plant Explosives with Captain and Lust shoving a Performer 5" and Ironsides 9" before activating, had the Performer walk and put a Scheme and then had Ironsides walk and pull 2 enemies into range (one was already in).  My crew had so many pushes between 2 Ox Mages, Captain, Lust, and Cassandra that it was hard for my opponent to get away from that.

I'm thinking of taking Ironsides for the Child's game on Monday as well, also with a pretty pushy list.  I'm torn between taking a Malifaux Child (and IE on Lust) to You Looking At Me the Potential Parent even further to my side, or taking a Wind Gamin for some possible scheming and protection for my own Potential Parent with the bury/push death mechanic.

• Like 1

I'm kindof hoping neverborn get the man this time. Fast academic? Yes please. Plus the whole Wild Hunt aspect is cool. So long as guild doesn't get him

That said I'm still gunning for him. I figure Ironsides and maybe a henchman with warding runes, and run a single oxfordian mage with Blood ward. Possibly with a silent one to counter the damage on the mage a bit. Though I doubt either will survive long

• Like 1

I ran a game for the Trickster as Kaeris vs Seamus.  It didn't go too well for me, my opponent killed Kaeris (he used the scenario to get rid of my other push/pullers) so I had no way to get his models within 6" of the Trickster, so I capped out at barely scraping one strategy VP out of him.  Bring lots of push/pulls if you think your opponent can get out of range of the Trickster for this one.

Aww, our debonair lycanthrope is learning that knowledge is power. Looks to be a rough one this round - probably a lot of Mei/Ironsides in our fronts. Ramos might be able to do his thing and heal up if enough constructs die. Definitely bringing the Arcane Effigy, that's for sure. 

Because really, who can say no to him getting true control of his abilities? Personally,  I'm hoping for a Swine-Cursedesque form swapping ability (except with actually swapping out his man model for a werewolf model). 

Hunted for some Tomes in the library last night. Mei is definitely the pick I'd suggest when fighting for the Man this time around. She takes a wound or two for railwalking into position, but Price of Progress gets rid of those really quick if you send her into the enemy flank of minions. Plus, tying up a good chunk of the enemy force early allowed me to grab better positioning for tome collection early.

Hope this helps #keepthebeast!

Well apparently I'm only playing for the man in Divergent Paths, sometimes it has been by design sometimes by fate.

But Ramos took a win for the home team against Von Shill last night.. End result 6 points to Ramos (3x for giving Tomes to the man, 3x for leave your mark because a spider wandered off by itself to play tic-tac-toe on some random wall, 0 for hunting party as his only minion just hid the whole game) vs 3(4?) for Von Shill (1(2?)x for a Tome to the man, 2x for Hunting party, 0 for Setup). Even though the final score doesn't necessarily show it was a super close game. Essentially I won because I had a Red Joker in hand to stop Vanessa from controlling Joss to attack a little spider. If I did not have that he would have killed one, preventing me from merging into a swarm, preventing the swarm from cleaning up multiple scheme markers, there by allowing Von Shill to score a ton for Setup and leave spiders out to be killed for hunting party instead of a higher wound swam (which he dealt 6 wounds to but couldn't quite finish off) and win the game. Also helped that I did not get moldy Tomes and he did, can't remember if it happened once or twice to him. Ramos was Shhh'd 4 times (3x for summoning (I got three spiders each time, lucky drawing), once for a magnetize as I needed the extra move to drop off one last Tome)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Well apparently I'm only playing for the man in Divergent Paths, sometimes it has been by design sometimes by fate.

But Ramos took a win for the home team against Von Shill last night.. End result 6 points to Ramos (3x for giving Tomes to the man, 3x for leave your mark because a spider wandered off by itself to play tic-tac-toe on some random wall, 0 for hunting party as his only minion just hid the whole game) vs 3(4?) for Von Shill (1(2?)x for a Tome to the man, 2x for Hunting party, 0 for Setup). Even though the final score doesn't necessarily show it was a super close game. Essentially I won because I had a Red Joker in hand to stop Vanessa from controlling Joss to attack a little spider. If I did not have that he would have killed one, preventing me from merging into a swarm, preventing the swarm from cleaning up multiple scheme markers, there by allowing Von Shill to score a ton for Setup and leave spiders out to be killed for hunting party instead of a higher wound swam (which he dealt 6 wounds to but couldn't quite finish off) and win the game. Also helped that I did not get moldy Tomes and he did, can't remember if it happened once or twice to him. Ramos was Shhh'd 4 times (3x for summoning (I got three spiders each time, lucky drawing), once for a magnetize as I needed the extra move to drop off one last Tome)

It was a good game, a fun loss. I like that this game had a subtle swing moment for VPs.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Emeryt said:

So, IIRC, we won Man 3 times. Does it mean we secured the model for Arcanists?

Not necessarily. From the Wyrd announcement:

At the end of the event, the Faction with the highest overall score (all story encounters added together) for an individual character will see that character added to their Faction in the future.

It is more likely, but if another faction manages to get a higher overall score for him, he goes with them.

Winner: Arcanist | Guild | Arcanist | Arcanist | ?

Depending on the differentials involved, it could be very close this round (i.e. second place in all the Arcanist wins was Guild, Arcanist was not present or did not place well in Round 2 could actually put Guild ahead on the overall).

• Like 1

Okay, so I got my final game in of Divergent Paths today for the Man and it was swingy as hell lol.  It was Mei Feng vs TT Misaki, very killy on both sides.  Start of turn 5 I had 1 model left (Cassie) and my opponent had 4 (Misaki on 1 hp, Sniper, a Brother, and Sensei Yu).  I thought I was doing good as it was looking like it'd end 5-4 for me, but my opponent managed to deny 3 points from me (had Covert Breakthrough and he ran his Sniper around my Scheme Markers, then pushed the Sniper to also push away the Markers) and also finish off his own schemes as the game went for SEVEN total turns - bah!  It ended 8-2 for the Thunder, oops.

So looking back on what I got up to in this event, week 1 I drew vs Arcanists for the Trickster and won the Child vs Outcasts.  Week 2 I won the Trickster vs Ressers and won the Child vs Ressers.  Week 3 I won the Man vs Ressers and won the Child vs Outcasts.  Week 4 I lost the Trickster vs Ressers and won the Man vs Outcasts.  And for the last week, I won the Child vs Ten Thunders and lost the Man vs Ten Thunders.  There's a bunch of Resser players in my area apparently xD  It was a fun event overall although several strats were mega imbalanced (week 5 Child really felt like whoever gets first activation and can get to the building first just automatically wins 4 strategy VP), hopefully we have ourselves a Self Righteous Academic Werewolf Lawyer in the next book!

• Like 1

Well, technically I won my last DP game last night, even though it is only because time was called because round 4 was about to see me nearly tabled.

I fought for the man all 5 rounds, and I would like to note that to date the only time we lost him is the time I lost my game... so hopefully we get him this round too?

• Like 1

Good job everybody,  we have a brand new werewolf lawyer on our side.  I'm excited to see his closing story and (hopefully) learn more about the Order of the Chimera.

It was interesting playing these different scenarios and I'm highly anticipating seeing what,  if any impact their design will have on GG2017.

• Like 2