First round of Divergent Paths up

Squirrelich

Well, they certainly didn't hold back on the traits they will be handing out. To sum up here are the story version of the Arcanists traits that can be given out to each.

Self-Righteous Man: As the battle rages outside the patrol wagon, the man feels a strange power welling up inside
of him as he presses his face to the barred door and screams for someone to help him. Moments later, the
door flies off its hinges and the snarling, wolf-like creature the man has become pounces on his Witch
Hunter captors, ripping them limb from limb as the members of the Order of the Chimera watch with
approval from halfway across the battlefield.

Trickster: Three mechanical spiders back the woman into a corner, each of them raising their sharpened
front legs to keep her in place. Realizing that they were trying to keep her trapped, she yells at them to
go away. Surprisingly, the machines obey her command, and realizing this, she gives them a new order:
accompany and protect her as she escapes from the battle raging around the station.

Child: As a Witchling Stalker explodes near her, the child raises her hands and stops the flames in
mid-air, revealing her innate ability to control flames of all kinds.

Does this change what people want to back?

• Like 1

I am, and shall remain, in favor of the Self-Righteous Man. A right-proper werewolf might actually get me interested in picking up Marcus.

The Trickster and Child both seem...a little generic in comparison, for us at least. Lady Ramos and Baby Kaeris, respectively.

Agreed with Fog, the Child's Neverborn set up is intriguing. And her Gremlin one is the start of something hilarious. Kid & Giant Chicken, there's a buddy cop movie I'd watch.

The Trickster also seems interesting for Gremlins, learning some curses after twisting the lil' greenies' perceptions of the situation. I think I like her Ten Thunders one better though, sets up a good bit of intrigue.

I think we got the best Self-Righteous Man though.

39 minutes ago, Boomstick24 said:

I am, and shall remain, in favor of the Self-Righteous Man. A right-proper werewolf might actually get me interested in picking up Marcus.

The Trickster and Child both seem...a little generic in comparison, for us at least. Lady Ramos and Baby Kaeris, respectively.

Agreed with Fog, the Child's Neverborn set up is intriguing. And her Gremlin one is the start of something hilarious. Kid & Giant Chicken, there's a buddy cop movie I'd watch.

I knooOooOOow. Stupid alluring gremlins. Never dreamed they'd release a rooster for a gift. :(Remember, if we all fight against enough gremlins this round, there will not be another rooster rider 1AP charging through the ranks.

Ramos is a summoner, not an obeyer. In your terms it's another lady in Colette's style...or that construct-controlling Hoffman that Ramos tried to import in the first place, minus innate genius and horrible trauma.

3 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Ramos is a summoner, not an obeyer. In your terms it's another lady in Colette's style...or that construct-controlling Hoffman that Ramos tried to import in the first place, minus innate genius and horrible trauma.

Can you imagine someone named "Trickster" able to control constructs? Oh, the potential shenanigans. Hoffamn would just HATE her if they ever met.

• Like 3

Damn, I'm torn. The Self-Righteous man has the coolest sounding stuff for us, but I don't play or really have that much of an interest in Marcus. Then, the woman's is a bit boring atm, but I want anything with construct synergy I can get.

What are the chances any of them could end up Academics? Werewolf Academic sounds awesome to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

For at least long enough to get the trait, and then steal him to your favored faction afterwards ? :)  I understand...

Arcanists are my default "opposing force" I trot out so that when friends want to play, it isn't just Guild v Guild. So I actually do like Arcanists (or maybe just Rasputina). I'd be interested in keeping him Arcanist if he turns into a werewolf. I'm pretty interested in Marcus crews, especially with the Rougarou in Book 4.

• Like 1

*drops a peacekeeper claw*

CLANG

I throw down the gauntlet to challenge one of you for the man's story encounter this cycle!

Because @Cinnamon Bear is right and that's clearly the coolest option even though I'm trying to grab everything for Guild. Win, loss, it's all fine by me.

2 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Can you imagine someone named "Trickster" able to control constructs? Oh, the potential shenanigans. Hoffman would just HATE her if they ever met.

It's also a wonder he tolerates the Malifaux Child which is hanging around now. :PBut then, I'm not sure who exactly she cut that bargain with...and Hoffman has the unprecedented ability to get the Child to shut up and work quietly for five minutes altogether, which helps.

• Like 1

The description the Self Righteous Man has is definitely the best, it's a shame I don't much care about the beast side of Arcanists though.  I'm fully intending on playing all 3 story rounds but I'm leaning mostly towards the Trickster currently (plus the Trickster setup just sounds way too fun and wacky not to try).

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

You know, I hate Arcanists in general, but I'd really love to see a Werewolf. Thats got me more interested than a lot of the other possibilities. Plus I'm still considering picking up Marcus.

Alright, I'll support you guys for the Self-Righteous Man :D

Well said. Release the beast inside!
... Though I still have some lingering ideas of Brilliance and the like.

Was able to get a game in on my day off yesterday. Wound up going a bit late, but played Rasputina vs Lilith for the Self-Righteous Man. I had to proxy Ice Dancers since I don't have them yet, but Rasputina felt pretty good to play. Ice Dancers have also jumped up pretty high on my most wanted list, and I'm kind of leaning towards just solidifying my Guild and Arcanist options when Black Friday rolls around instead of branching out further.

Haven't had a chance to proxy them yet, but I'd like to try the Raptors and Bear with Rasputina, or possibly using the new beast/construct shenanigans to throw the Ice Golem upfield.

Anyway, I squeaked out a win with Rasputina with some lucky flips. I don't know if I can get another game in during this period, but I had to throw some support towards the werewolf.

• Like 3

I won a game battling over the Child last night with Sandeep vs the Viks 10-8, it was an extremely scheme heavy pool (I took Convict Labour and Leave Your Mark, my opponent took Take Prisoner (Sue) and Leave Your Mark).  I took Sandeep (Arcane Reservoir, Enlightened Soul, To Behold), Cassandra (Practiced Productions), Kudra (Free Of Mortal Shackles), Howard (Imbued Energies), Sue (Imbued Energies), and an Ice Gamin.  My opponent took a standard Vik crew but with a Trapper as well.  He placed his Trapper 2" away from the Child and in my concern that he would get to the Child before me I spent turn 1 moving the Child very deep into my deployment zone with Sandeep's summons and the rest of the crew helping out.  That made most of the Stalkers walk to me turn 2, so I managed to kill 3 to my opponent's 1.  After that he began murdering me, though an Incorporeal Howard reached and killed Vanessa.  While he was off killing I got 1 Leave Your Mark point (Cassie ran to do it and Sue took care of her after that) and max Convict Labor points.  At the end I only had Sue left while he still had 5 models, so he maxed out both his Schemes but since I got 6 Strat points to his 2 (we went to turn 6 and he spent the last two turns getting the Child over to his deployment zone) I still took the victory.  Pyromaniac child here we come!

Logged a win against Outcasts for the Seft-Righteous Man!  I want that werewolf!

Game was super brutal.  Kaeris and a burning-focussed crew does not like facing Von Schill with the Steam Trunk. :(  Cassandra and Seize the Day meant I stole the Man and ran off into the sunset with him though.

• Like 2