Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aaron

Divergent Paths Info

91 posts in this topic

Overall I did enjoy this but I did have some issues.  I mean it was a fun idea and to be honest it was handled fairly well, my complaints are mostly personal take aways.  The big one was realizing just what a fan base certain masters have.  Those masters became keywords that drew huge attention the moment they came up and yanked the stories those ways.  While that just shows you what persona's are popular it also means that those masters will always be the strongest in this sort of choice base advancement.  My money would be that if the Kid had left Levi regardless of the outcome in the 4th round outcast would not have had the strong showing last round.  Or if it had been another Outcast master all together.  Personally I was rooting for non-waif kid, just a horrible kind of end for the poor orphan.  It seemed the Dreamer and Levi were prime examples of how a character shifted it a direction while the thought of another Beast for Marcus shows how it took the Man right out of the gate.

Don't get me wrong, this is a story based campaign and those sort of things will happen, just those are sort of the strong lures you can throw out to pull it a direction.  And if those lures keep out for more than one round it will have a strong pull in those directions.  Simply put if this sort of campaign is done and those same characters or concepts come up it will have similar results I suspect.  I believe it is best after seeing this and Nythera that the numbers are not shown but part of me kind of dislikes the strong sway those key name drops produced.  Perhaps less of a hint what might result from a faction's course and people can find out when they go that way.  That way there is also less regret when your preferred course was not taken as you don't know what the factions will yield till the next round.

4 people like this

An idea for balancing these events for small factions is to make a limit of the number of games that count towards the event. Have it so that players can redo the event as much as they want with a cap so that after, for example, 1000 games any further games are discounted. To make it more accessible make it so that the first game a player has is prioritised over any further games when counting results. This would allow the smaller factions to catch up even though it would take a lot more effort.

So, 200 gremlin players could have 5 games to reach the cap and 800 Neverborn players could have their first game be counted and then the first in for the second games would get counted to the cap.

I know it is just after Black Friday sale but, but... 

Is there any chance we could know more about the new models in nearest future? ;)

2 people like this

Soooooooooooo....any updates this story basically filled in my plastic crack addiction and two weeks cold turkey has been devastating. 

18 minutes ago, Azrrael said:

Soooooooooooo....any updates this story basically filled in my plastic crack addiction and two weeks cold turkey has been devastating. 

They're all packing Black Friday orders, making up holiday exchange lists, setting up Other Side kickstarter--I thought there'd be time for an update next week after the shipments were mostly done, but now I think that was too hopeful! :huh: Busy December, and I don't mean the Tyrant.

*ponders making a storyline for @LordZombie 's reported local results*

20 hours ago, Azrrael said:

I sense Aaron will have something for us shortly.

21 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It is a busy time, but you all are not forgotten!

Have I ever mentioned that I love you? 

5 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Have I ever mentioned that I love you? 

Have I ever told you... 

4 people like this

I guess the same can be said about the shop participation promo miniatures?

The flgs should keep track of the participating players to get special miniatures for them.

We where told to wait for an e-mail from wyrd to send them the list of participants?

Did we miss the mail, or is it also 'coming soon'?

(just to know, take all the time you need :) )

late, and everyone has prob moved on, but well here's some words....

if i could give a few opinions, and i just want to say first off, im not trying to be rude or anything, i am trying to give some constructive criticism, so first off let me start with something i liked very very much.... the stories! they were wonderful, really helped immerse into the encounters, i cant say enough about them, wonderfully done!

there was this feeling however that this event was rushed? or came up as a surprise, and was confusing.... stores didnt know about it, and as such didnt even register to host games in time, requiring them to also track and maintain who played every week might have been asking too much idk, missing 1 story encounter made you ineligible for the prizes, and yes it can be said that is not why we play, but its silly to say it was not an incentive i was very excited about and then sad when i was no longer eligible, because of 1 missed encounter....

finding players to also play the event was very difficult, limiting players to each story encounter, once per week made getting a game even harder....there were events like TFL league going on, and tournaments, other stuff, then boom! world event going on, surprise! and you needed the participation of your local game store to have them "count"

finding out people cheated is a very sad thing, i wont lie.... its suppose to be a fun game, i dont understand why people do those things....

i want to end with another great positive, i love how these encounters had you playing the game in a different way, was a great change of pace from the standard 1 off games, and i liked the continuity

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Any info about Man, Trickster and Child?... Please...

We're super busy here with end of year stuff, but I'm going to try to have the stories for the three of them to you before we leave for the end of the year break.

You likely won't see stat cards until much later, as they have to go through internal testing and playtesting before we toss them out into the public eye.

6 people like this

13 minutes ago, Mason said:

We're super busy here with end of year stuff, but I'm going to try to have the stories for the three of them to you before we leave for the end of the year break.

You likely won't see stat cards until much later, as they have to go through internal testing and playtesting before we toss them out into the public eye.

Thanks for update. I understand that you have a lot of work :)

Would you kindly give us at least some hints in what directions stat cards and models are going? 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Jafar said:

Thanks for update. I understand that you have a lot of work :)

Would you kindly give us at least some hints in what directions stat cards and models are going? 

:+fate:+fate for above

1 hour ago, Jafar said:

They are going in the direction laid out in the winning story options. :P

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Mason said:

They are going in the direction laid out in the winning story options. :P

Teasing [mode on].

Just now, daniello_s said:

Teasing [mode on].

More seriously, I had an idea for each one of the options I wrote for the scenarios, so things are still in the "toss those ideas together and balance appropriately" stage.

I think that they're all three going to be pretty fun models, both in terms of rules and sculpts.

6 people like this

32 minutes ago, Mason said:

More seriously, I had an idea for each one of the options I wrote for the scenarios, so things are still in the "toss those ideas together and balance appropriately" stage.

I think that they're all three going to be pretty fun models, both in terms of rules and sculpts.

Thanks Mason. 

And if you need a testing person (especially for Child) please do not hesitate to contact me ;)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mason said:

No one is really expecting to see the stat cards or another year or so. It's just that, not trying to be rude here, when you say that the story conclusions will be available by the end of the week, it's best to fulfill that.

Sorry

25 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

No one is really expecting to see the stat cards or another year or so. It's just that, not trying to be rude here, when you say that the story conclusions will be available by the end of the week, it's best to fulfill that.

Sorry

If you're referring to this post:

On 12/5/2016 at 7:35 PM, Aaron said:

It should be going out this week.

...then you misunderstood the context. Aaron was answering the question right above his post, which asked when the email to the stores was going out. He wasn't commenting on when the story conclusions were being released.

The only comment that we've made about when the story conclusions would be up was the following:

On 11/21/2016 at 10:34 AM, Aaron said:

The stories and wrap up will be provided at a later date, as we are currently preparing for Black Friday and a variety of other things.

Apologies for the confusion.

6 minutes ago, Mason said:

...then you misunderstood the context. Aaron was answering the question right above his post, which asked when the email to the stores was going out. He wasn't commenting on when the story conclusions were being released.

And I am supposed to be an anthropologist... Context is important to that field.

This is embarrassing. Apologies for seeming bitter. It's just I got heavily involved in the event even if I didn't really play much and I want to see the conclusion. Ah well, patience is a virtue.

Just now, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

And I am supposed to be an anthropologist... Context is important to that field.

This is embarrassing. Apologies for seeming bitter. It's just I got heavily involved in the event even if I didn't really play much and I want to see the conclusion. Ah well, patience is a virtue.

No worries, I totally understand the impatience!

I'm putting the final touches on the December One-Shot for TTB, and then I'll scoot on over to the Divergent Paths stuff to get those written up. :)

4 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor